Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Miss The Old Sounds?

L0N3R

Anyone else miss the old sounds? You know, like the pew-pew Bratons, the booms of the Lato Vandal and the PEW-WHOOP of the Warframe abilities?

I have a suggestion.

Since we have a separate tab for appearance, could you guys add a Sound tab? Either within the Appearance tab or as a separate tab. This way, we can choose between the old sounds and new sounds.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks! :)

In any case there's a post by me that is 99.9% related to this, it's my internet being bad and saying it didn't post the previous one, so sorry for that.

The only thing that i want to return is the old Gorgon sound. When I first encountered a Machine Gunner with my low level Mag and crappy Braton, i trembled in fear when i heard that destructing metallic BANG' rattling, indicating that my death was imminent lol. Now it just sounds like a stapler... a really underwhelming sound...

PWEASE DE, PWEASE, Revert it! :3

I strongly miss three noises:

- The former radio chat of grineer units (and the grand "stay close to the walls").

- Previous braton noise was better. Hopefuly the devs would give the future braton prime the former braton sound that we all miss.

- On capture missions, the cries of agony of the captured were just perfect. The new version has lost all evocative power to me.

... why change sounds that were so brilliant..?

What I'm missing the most right now is the foundry background noise when you were making something.  That electronic whirring and grinding noise made it feel like you had something epic in the works.  Plus I liked using it as background noise while I was studying.

I strongly miss three noises:

- The former radio chat of grineer units (and the grand "stay close to the walls").

- Previous braton noise was better. Hopefuly the devs would give the future braton prime the former braton sound that we all miss.

- On capture missions, the cries of agony of the captured were just perfect. The new version has lost all evocative power to me.

... why change sounds that were so brilliant..?

The old Grineer chatter was certainly funny, but I think the new Grineer Language sounds are hella cool and overall worth it.

Definitely gotta agree on the Capture target though, all my friends who I introduced to Warframe back then thought that his little terrified tantrum was the greatest thing ever and we would hop on any Capture alert we saw because listening to him scream became more of a reward to us than whatever you actually got for completing the mission.

• 2 weeks later...

The old Grineer chatter was certainly funny, but I think the new Grineer Language sounds are hella cool and overall worth it.

Definitely gotta agree on the Capture target though, all my friends who I introduced to Warframe back then thought that his little terrified tantrum was the greatest thing ever and we would hop on any Capture alert we saw because listening to him scream became more of a reward to us than whatever you actually got for completing the mission.

The capture targets old scream was hysterical. I really wish they brought it back. Because hearing a guy who sounded like he was feeling himself being reatomized slowly is a reward all too great. Especially now since that little bugger shoots back!