The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zariman missions are annoying!

RolandDischein

Why this endless missions not endless at all?

Defended all points in MD, but don't extract asap - mission failed!

Spend a few minutes to kill angel in void flood/cascade/armageddon - mission failed.

You losing so quickly in this missions, that you must run non-stop all around just to keep yourself alive. No resources gathering, no angel hunt, even AFK for a few min = mission fail.

There is only one mode, where you can gather all resources, kill angels, do whatever you want - exterminate. But not if you have a subtask to finish it in 6 min, cose after it - mission failed.

Does Zariman literally fall apart on every mission? Why can't I complete the mission objective and keep fulling around as long as I want? Let my health decrease, as in standard survival, but I myself will decide how much of a problem this is for me and whether I need to evacuate. When a frame simply dies out of the blue, without warning, without a countdown, without a second chance, while losing everything that was obtained on the mission - this destroys the immersion very much. Did my frame disintegrate there to atoms or what?

Even when the goal of the mission is to destroy the core of the enemy galleon, we are given plenty of time to leave the crumbling ship. Even when the frame was in a literally collapsing ship in the Jordas quest, this did not bother him in any way, because Ordis is waiting in space with a landing ship and archwing.

We've got the archwing, we've got the railjack, we've got the landing ship with a bunch of almost useless support features. And instead of developing something from this set and making forced evacuation from such missions (since you really need it so much) something unique - you just show the mission failure screen at a random moment.

It destroys the atmosphere so much that the desire to play simply disappears. Not only in the Zariman missions, which I already just hate, but in principle in the Warframe. And I don't understand why do this?
The Zariman update is the most frustrating and disappointing update in my memory!

Armageddon fails like any defence mission when the objective is destroyed, that's nothing new. Cascade pops up a timer when you hit the fail state giving you enough time to extract if the bar fills. I can't remember what flood does. I've never had a mobile defence mission fail after completing the 3 consoles, so I can only think that you are encountering the solo afk timer that force extracts you from the mission after about 30 minutes of not killing anything. I greatly dislike that timer and feel it should not exist personally.

2 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

I can't remember what flood does.

Void flood involves reducing void contamination. If you don't close a rupture with vitoplast, or don't kill the void abominations, the bar on the right fills up. If it hits 100%, you have 1 minute to get contamination down acceptable levels. If you still fail at that, then the "failstate" is triggered.

29 minutes ago, RolandDischein said:

You losing so quickly in this missions, that you must run non-stop all around just to keep yourself alive. No resources gathering, no angel hunt, even AFK for a few min = mission fail.

Ummm ... I think this should be a given. If you don't have the time to actually play the game why the F should the game keep you loaded into an instance.  AFK = get the F off the game and come back later.

@RolandDischein You must be doing something wrong if you keep failing the missions.  They are not that complicated to complete completely solo. And w/ a group theyr'e even easier.

Not sure what to say if you are attempting to be a completionist and pick up every single resource on the map coz I haven;t bothered; But when I have taken the time to go out of my way for a batch of resources - it's ALSO NOT difficult to do ... and keep yourself alive ... and complete the sub tasks ... and complete the mission.

As for keeping yourself alive - By your tone - sounds like you are near a low enough level where you should are missing decent mods (that are maxed out) and should rank some items up and get a little better at the game before you jump into the Zaramin content anymore.

When your Frame is insta-dying you likely don;t have a decent build to handle the content; otherwise by now we'd be hearing about some glitch/bug across the range of media - chat - forums - reddit etc ... and that's just not happening - so my guess is you are not set up for Zaramin and should progess in game more with lower level content until you are able to handle the Zarmin content.

My builds aren't greatest and I don't use whatever weapons are the current hotness / popular (I use what I like) - But the Zaramin content is super easy to complete - I have yet to fail any mission - even when I'm ina PUB match with players that have no clue WTF they're doing and I have to pick up the slack.

I have no problem completing these missions. There is a problem with the desire to fulfill them. Because for this you need to skip all the containers, do not wake up the angel or gather their plumes, but only bullet-jump to the mission target.
This is not the case for standard missions. Even in defense, you can leave one mob at the end of the wave and do whatever you want, so long as it does not damage the defense object. Caught the capture target or kill assassination target - you can run and loot. Lasted 5-10 minutes of survival and then run around even without oxygen. Protected all consoles and the game does not care what you do next.

In Zariman's missions, things are different. You can't just stop at your progress and spend time collecting feathers or fighting an angel. So why are they needed on these missions then? I even had a mobile defense fail after protecting all the consoles while I was kicking the angel. By what logic? The NPC just told me that I should leave, I didn’t understand at all why and how quickly.

41 минуту назад, Drasiel сказал:

Cascade pops up a timer when you hit the fail state giving you enough time to extract if the bar fills.

Last time i was at this mission - it fails right when the bar fills, no timer, no that minute to escape, the bar fills really quick, while i'm killing an angel and then i got "Mission failed" while running to elevator.

I'm totally understand how this missions works, i can see missions goals, i just hate it! Cose every time i want to get some resources, feathers or angels - i need to go for exterminate. Every time only exterminate! 10 seasons of exterminate! Exterminate now and forever! 

That is the point! There is no choice, no variety, only one mission for those, who are new there and still need all of this resources or got a goal from Nora to kill 5 angels on missions.

18 minutes ago, RolandDischein said:

Last time i was at this mission - it fails right when the bar fills, no timer, no that minute to escape, the bar fills really quick, while i'm killing an angel and then i got "Mission failed" while running to elevator.

I'm totally understand how this missions works, i can see missions goals, i just hate it! Cose every time i want to get some resources, feathers or angels - i need to go for exterminate. Every time only exterminate! 10 seasons of exterminate! Exterminate now and forever! 

That is the point! There is no choice, no variety, only one mission for those, who are new there and still need all of this resources or got a goal from Nora to kill 5 angels on missions.

it's far easier to do the kill 5 angels act in void armageddon as one spawns at the end of every round. You can also search through a level while doing mobile defence, just search before slotting the datamass into the console so you don't get hit by the solo player afk trigger.

Archived