Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Styanax

(XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon

I finished forma work and barely use it with Silence Helminth into 4th slot.

Because its 3rd&4th ability's energy cost is too high and 4th ability does not trigger 3rd ability shield-recharge. 

More problem is 2nd ability affects too short distance and 3rd ability requires range,strength,duration,efficiency all.

So I expect it would become better when its prime launches.

pretty sure his 4 triggers his 3. in steel path his 4 won't hurt much unless you strip armor and shields first.

his 2 is kinda short range yeah, but his 1 makes it easy for you to strip armor/shields

all you really need to mod for, is strength and duration. but don't put his range into <100%.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

Because its 3rd&4th ability's energy cost is too high

You're not supposed to have energy problems with him if you just keep up his 3rd

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

4th ability does not trigger 3rd ability shield-recharge. 

Pretty sure it does.

1 minute ago, Skoomaseller said:

pretty sure his 4 triggers his 3. in steel path his 4 won't hurt much unless you strip armor and shields first.

his 2 is kinda short range yeah, but his 1 makes it easy for you to strip armor/shields

all you really need to mod for, is strength and duration. but don't put his range into <100%.

1 is not that good. 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

1 is not that good. 

in public matches right now I think it is a bit bugged, because it is not vacuuming enemies to his spear.

But solo, it works as it should. It's a really good ability when it works, it is just hampered by a bug right now. hope it gets fixed soon  

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

Because its 3rd&4th ability's energy cost is too high

Keep his 3 active at all times and you'll never run out of energy as you regenerate energy over time with it active.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

More problem is 2nd ability affects too short distance and 3rd ability requires range,strength,duration,efficiency all.

Kinda end-gamey, but you can mod for literally all those things for him:

Styabuild.png

191% Duration and 261% Strength when fully going (which doesn't take long). Tempted to replace Streamline for Archon Stretch when it drops for even more range on his 2 (though I'm assuming it's either that or the normal Stretch mod. If that's the case then I'll replace normal Stretch and change Streamline for Augur Reach), but honestly it isn't needed given he's a brawler-type frame. With that build he's at 13m on his 2 which so far I've found to be plenty.

The only ability I'm not sure about yet is his 1. I wish it had a pull range on impact with terrain, instead of having to directly hit and pin an enemy. I find myself dead on aiming yet the spear misses 90% of the time. Tempted to replace it with Gyre's ability when we get Archon Stretch, not just for the range, but for even more energy return.

I think Stayanax is already very strong and they definitely broke the sickly Warframe streak with his release personally?

He is already up to S tier on Overframe and generally discussions on him are really positive! 

Maybe if they wanted to go back and give Gyre a little bit more versatility, or scrape Yareli's corpse off the pavement, it would be a little bit better for me? ^^;

7 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

even if every abilities works nice, using all 4 abilities for a group of enemy? Energy cost and input time cost is too high.

3 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Keep his 3 active at all times and you'll never run out of energy as you regenerate energy over time with it active.

Kinda end-gamey, but you can mod for literally all those things for him:

Styabuild.png

191% Duration and 261% Strength when fully going (which doesn't take long). Tempted to replace Streamline for Archon Stretch when it drops for even more range on his 2 (though I'm assuming it's either that or the normal Stretch mod. If that's the case then I'll replace normal Stretch and change Streamline for Augur Reach), but honestly it isn't needed given he's a brawler-type frame. With that build he's at 13m on his 2 which so far I've found to be plenty.

The only ability I'm not sure about yet is his 1. I wish it had a pull range on impact with terrain, instead of having to directly hit and pin an enemy. I find myself dead on aiming yet the spear misses 90% of the time. Tempted to replace it with Gyre's ability when we get Archon Stretch, not just for the range, but for even more energy return.

I considered 3 umbral mods plus adaption. But i didn't do it for normal frame. 

hace 8 minutos, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon dijo:

even if every abilities works nice, using all 4 abilities for a group of enemy? Energy cost and input time cost is too high.

Using the 4 in sp is to die instantly as you get up in the air and your mobility is almost zero.
I changed the 4 with pull works great with 2.

Pull + 2 + charged melee it's a confirmed dead for the enemies..

2 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Using the 4 in sp is to die instantly as you get up in the air and your mobility is almost zero.
I changed the 4 with pull works great with 2.

Pull + 2 + charged melee it's a confirmed dead for the enemies..

For the same reason, many tennos already feed Helminth with it, but I just tried Styanax.

Just now, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

Do you remember that Wukong and Khora didn't beong to S in Overframe?

No, I don't remember that to be honest with you. Wukong got 10% of the total gameplay in Warframe for several years for a reason lol. He was a super easy to play jack of all trades.

Khora made everyone from Kuva Survival addicts to AFKers very happy and is still a popular and liked Warframe? 

If you don't feel like those ratings are correct that's okay, I don't either. I think Wukong is sort of dull to play and Khora sits in a bubble so they are both D tier Warframes to me but that's not what a meta rating system is for - the community at large rated them highly enough to get those rankings for a reason. 

1 minute ago, cute_moth.npc said:

No, I don't remember that to be honest with you. Wukong got 10% of the total gameplay in Warframe for several years for a reason lol. He was a super easy to play jack of all trades.

Khora made everyone from Kuva Survival addicts to AFKers very happy and is still a popular and liked Warframe? 

If you don't feel like those ratings are correct that's okay, I don't either. I think Wukong is sort of dull to play and Khora sits in a bubble so they are both D tier Warframes to me but that's not what a meta rating system is for - the community at large rated them highly enough to get those rankings for a reason. 

Your comment implies that the tier is not about performance but about favorite.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

I considered 3 umbral mods plus adaption. But i didn't do it for normal frame. 

Normally I wouldn't either and generally save my Umbra forma for Primes only, but given how much fun I had with him and that we won't see his Prime for years, I decided to make an exception.

Just now, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

Your comment implies that the tier is not about performance but about favorite.

On Overframe?

It's a combination of performance, ease of use and whether the Warframe has some kind of strong niche.

For me?

Yes absolutely it's about favourites. Wukong and Khora can go cry in a corner I'm going to go play with something fun ^^;

4 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

Too much duration is a bad idea with his 4. It leaves you vulnerable for too long.

I stick with 100% duration on him.

Pretty much why I slapped on all 3 Umbra mods. The extra armor helped a ton. Best to (if you manage to hit the enemy that is) pin the group with his 1, or if you're Vazarin use your 2/Vortex, then unleash his 4 on enemies while they are CC'd. Personally I've had no trouble with his 4 with the build above, just make sure you move while using it as well so you take less heavy concentrated fire.

Archived