Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kahl's missions - changes required to make it playable

GourangaPL

long story short these missions are a piece of garbage

but to be constructive:
-make it keep the progress like in one mission you find 1 k-drive part, in next mission you start with 1/4
-make it playable with others
-make this guy run faster
-let us change his weapon
-let us summon specters and crewmen

11 minutes ago, GourangaPL said:

but to be constructive:
-make it keep the progress like in one mission you find 1 k-drive part, in next mission you start with 1/4

I agree with most of what you said. Only thing I dont is specters and crewmen. Just let us call on grineer we save similar to the clank sections in Ratchet and Clank.

19 minutes ago, GourangaPL said:

I strongly disagree.

No... Its like if you were doing the mission from scratch.

No... Its suppose to be a Solo Experience, theres only 1 Kahl.

Ok?

I wouldnt mind you being able to pick a weapon for him if he was a sort of On-Call ally but not in his own missions.

Absolutely No!

I played the mission 3 times yesterday to complete all the challenges, i enjoyed it and am eager to see next week`s. My only disappointments with it are that there are too few challenges and the maps are relatively small/short.

Weapon selection would be great. I don't care if I have to give Kahl unmodded weapons, it would be be less dull to start a mission with anything other than a grakata. Even a small selection of Grineer weapons to cover the bases, like picking between a semi-auto rifle, an automatic, a burst-fire, a shotgun...

Movement speed is gimped, and I end up spamming my roll key just to speed up. But I can't see how they could increase his speed without giving him something like the jetpack, and giving him that pretty much breaks maps wide open

i enjoyed it a lot. tho my main criticism would be that after doing all 3 levels, you restart from 1... which might not be a huge problem because if you do all challenges then you can probably buy out his whole shop and be done with that content.

edit: actually nevermind. you'll be repeating it every other week to get enough grub for the shards. that is kind of concerning, if they cant add some variation to the 3 missions.

On 2022-09-16 at 4:58 AM, (NSW)KaneOfAble said:

I pretty much agree. These missions suck. We get nothing for completing it, only credit for gimiky challenges. 

Unless we will get garontee stock standing for doing a run they are not worth it.

yeah, 20 stock standing per mission as guaranteed reward + stock we get for challenges

I strongly disagree with several points if done wrong: 

1. The first point about keeping progress is going to happen as far as I know.  
    I personally am not a big fan because you have loads of time running a mission, unless you are going for the speed objective, where you would have to start another mission anyway. 
    I do however get it if there is one that is particularly difficult to find and you would rather just run the mission again. 

2. The point about playing with friends could be cool, however the garrison missions are supposed to be single player missions.  
    If you could play these missions with friends, it would most likely break the flow of the missions.  
    Missions like sneaky sabotage would just not work, unless they have some cleaver workaround for the core mechanics of the mode. 

3. He already is plenty fast for a grineer. You got to remember that you're not a space ninja in these missions, but instead an ordinary grineer fighting against something way beond himself.  
     It’s the biggest underdog story that Warframe has. 
     I and many others wouldn't want this to become: Re-skinned Warframe mission 16,756,678.  
     I might be alone about this, but I really like the more tailored boots on ground gameplay, as a weekly fresh breath of air in-between the OP, Immortal, ninja stomping of the main game. 

4. Giving an option to change between a selection of guns, could definitely enhance the replay ability of the missions, especially when they cycle back around.  
     I do however think the ability to switch between pre-determined parts of a loadout, giving the ability to have even more variation, but within respect for the mission types. (No MEGA death, god riven, AOE weapon to cheese the sneaky sabotage) 

5. The last point about summoning specters sounds cool?... I guess?... But I really don’t see how it would make sense with the gameplay. It would be a terrible idea on a mission like Sneaky sabotage, and Junk run already has many characters you can free and have fight alongside you. 
     Sorry I just don’t see this one as an option at all. 

6. Also, I see some people saying that you would make sense if there was some sort of resource to be grinded. Or a reward for completing the mission. 
    I flat out disagree, unless it’s a flat amount of stock for the first time clear. 
    The mission is supposed to be a one and done deal, once a week. The structuring of the mission would make it frustrating to have to play through, over and over.  
    Imagine playing the same Uncharted over and over, because it drops a rare and or valuable resource. 

These are only my opinions, but when reading your post, some of the points directly contradict the goal of these missions. 

Here are some things I genuinely think would be great additions to the garrison mission type: 

1. A corpus camp member, who enables Veso like missions.  
    I would love some cute droid commander gameplay, and the many possibly takes DE would be able to come up with. 

2. Some random elements to the tile set. Not every time you boot up the mission, but every time the mission reruns. (Or alternate versions of the map) 
    This would add some replay ability to the mission when it reruns, yet make you able to gain knowledge on how to do the may objectives over the week.  

3. Tho I’m personally a fan of the new drifter camp having the garrison in it, adding an option to access it from the orbiter would be very cool. 
    Furthermore, I would love some customizability to its placement and look, even though I understand that it would be tough to implement. 

4. Another addition that I would love but I know would be hard to implement, would be a Dax garrison member.  
    Making Dax missions available is something I could understand to be difficult, both lore and gameplay wise, but I think this would be an awesome way to incorporate more of the gameplay experienced in the new war. 

Opinions, opinions. These are all just my opinions. 

Archived