Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack bug or bad design?

Achlevius

Question

So, I was trying to do Void Storm missions solo (because when I went in a random group, the two other players who joined literally AFKed the entire time and we lost the mission), and I came across a scenario that made the mission unwinable:

Apparently, the doors to the rear of the ship were no longer openable.

When I brought up my Tactical, I got the Electrical Error message, presumably as there was some electrical short on the ship.

Thing is, it was in the rear of the ship.

And the door was locked.

So there was no way for me to get there to deal with any of the damage the ship was taking.

I had a crewman set to Repair, but apparently, he wasn't able to deal with it because of boarders.

I figured, OK, I'll just try and complete the mission as it were and maybe we'll survive.

However, I couldn't tell what the mission objectives were because of the magnetic status effect that blurs almost the entire UI.

I thought, well, usually it's to destroy a couple of crewships.  So I went up close to a crewship and then ran to the artillery to fire at it.

But, thing is, I had another crewman set to Pilot while I am away on missions (I find if I let the ship just sit there, it gets destroyed by enemy fire and I lose the mission), and she kept flying away from the crewship.

No problem, I'll just set her to another role using Tacti-oh, right.

I took over as pilot and eventually she somehow died.  I managed to destroy one crewship, but then "missed" my second shot, and so had to try to go to the back to the Forge to try to get more.

Alas, the doors were still "locked"

The weird thing is, I could see from Helios's highlighting that there were enemy units in the back of the ship, and I could fire / melee at the door to hurt them, but they couldn't hurt me, nor could either of us get through the door.

After a few minutes, I just aborted, wasting a good 20+ minutes of my time playing this relentlessly horrendous game mode.

My question is, though: was there some bug with the door, or did I get Kobayashi Maru'd? 🙄

8 answers to this question

1 minute ago, EDM774 said:

This may be a stupid question but did the doors look normal visually?

Yes.  There was nothing out of the ordinary except for the fact that I could melee and shoot through the door, though I was using the Acceltra, so it's possible it was just the explosions going through the door and not the rounds.

DId that happen when you were solo or with the rando's???   If you were with the rando's you said there was two of them which means there could not have been 2 AI crewmates... 

Like was said ice damage is the only thing that shuts and locks doors. you have to use your omni to repair it. 

You said the electric hazard was messing with your tactical menu??  You couldnt teleport to the back of your ship via tactical menu?? 

If you were host I dont see how lag could lock your own doors.... it sounds more like you were a client then I could totally see having doors locked on you.  

------------

There is a very nasty bug in RJ if you try to use the spy camera in tactical menu to see what the hell other people are doing or NOT doing and there is an electrical hazard....  it locks you into this nasty blinking staticy error message saying the cameras are offline.  But you are unable to get off that screen.  

--------

Anyways, I feel you..  I need to farm some holo-keys and fix one of my tenet melee's.   None of the rando's that show up help with the hard stuff. (stupid security ships). 

1 hour ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

DId that happen when you were solo or with the rando's???

Solo.  Specifically, I was set to Solo mode, as in that mode I can actually pause the game if needed.

You said the electric hazard was messing with your tactical menu??  You couldnt teleport to the back of your ship via tactical menu?? 

No, because:

There is a very nasty bug in RJ if you try to use the spy camera in tactical menu to see what the hell other people are doing or NOT doing and there is an electrical hazard....  it locks you into this nasty blinking staticy error message saying the cameras are offline.  But you are unable to get off that screen.

...this literally describes what happened to my Tactical screen, except I never tried to use the security camera; all I did was try to open the Tactical Menu. 🤕

So, it sounds like not only did I experience a bug with the doors getting locked, but also a bug with the Tactical screen? 😧

7 hours ago, Achlevius said:

Solo.  Specifically, I was set to Solo mode, as in that mode I can actually pause the game if needed.

No, because:

...this literally describes what happened to my Tactical screen, except I never tried to use the security camera; all I did was try to open the Tactical Menu. 🤕

So, it sounds like not only did I experience a bug with the doors getting locked, but also a bug with the Tactical screen? 😧

your rotting clover has been upgraded to 8 leafs. I'm sorry you ran into this but man what luck.

Archived