Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alt. Fire Weapons

(XBOX)Nomnomivour

As the popularity of alt fire increases, would it be possible to go back over some older weapons and their function? The main point is, newer weapons have a one click alt fire where some still require holding the alt fire button. Can these get the option to toggle between modes to increase the ease of use for controller users? My main example being the Convetrix. Its alt fire must be held for the beams to fire in a sweeping pattern, where I feel like it would be better as a toggle firing mode.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Nomnomivour said:

The main point is, newer weapons have a one click alt fire where some still require holding the alt fire button.

Thats because some weapons have "Fire Modes" and wile some older weapons would be interesting having them (Convectrix for example), others which require players to constantly switch between fire modes it wouldnt as the system has a slight delay between switching modes and firing, in some cases players forget what firemode their weapons are set to even tho there is a small and poorly noticeable firemode indicator on the bottom right.

The "hold alt-fire" control is particularly awful, you're right.

I'll just say as I always do in threads on this general subject--it sure would be great to have some customizable control over altfires.  I'd love a toggle on Basmu or Panthera, but I enjoy the direct altfire on Phantasma and Aeolak.  Somebody else might prefer completely different settings.

10 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Thats because some weapons have "Fire Modes" and wile some older weapons would be interesting having them (Convectrix for example), others which require players to constantly switch between fire modes it wouldnt as the system has a slight delay between switching modes and firing, in some cases players forget what firemode their weapons are set to even tho there is a small and poorly noticeable firemode indicator on the bottom right.

This would be more for an accessibility option that can be turned on/off in the settings menu. Click and holding right stick to charge alt fire (example: Phantasma) or shoot continuously and maintain aim on moving targets is difficult. Similar how they have "Hold B to struggle" option for quick time events.

Archived