Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 accounts having the same gmail

thedarkdragon777

Question

3 answers to this question

We don't know anything about how the cross-play/cross-save account issues will be handled yet, so nothing definitive. I don't see why DE would do any account merging without consent or approval, and whatever they come up with will have to handle this situation in some way. There will be a process to follow and you'll be fine.

For now, if you want to be sure that things remain separate you can probably just change the email on one of your accounts to something else. Gmail, and I'm sure many others, offer a few ways to do this:

1. Add a + and some text to your address, IE "EmailAddress+Something@gmail.com"
  2. Add periods to your address, IE "Em.ail.Add.ress@gmail.com"

In both cases email will be delivered to your inbox at "EmailAddress@gmail.com", but as far as DE is concerned the address is different. I use the first option for a low level test account, and the only difference is that I log in with the modified address.

No clue, but I imagine that you'll be able to select which account you want made as your 'primary' account that gets used when logging in from any platform, kind of like how Bungie did it when they first introduced cross-saving in Destiny 2.

We'll have to wait and see.

Archived