Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Yareli change to make good

Gorden121

I think Yareli honestly is quite fine.
However there is a simple change that would make her good.
And I think that change would be to allow her to use Primary Weapons while riding Merulina.

You don't even need to allow her passive to buff primaries as well. Just being able to use primaries on her would honestly make her feel really nice.

Either change that as a general change, or make that her Merulina Augment.

(Also allowing Merulina to use K-Drive Mods would be nice but not terribly necessary).

Making primary weapon k-drive animations is anything but simple. Doable? Yes. But it'd take a non-insignicant amount dev resources that DE may or may not want to spend.

That said, I like the idea of letting Yareli on Merulina do things that other frames on k-drives can't.

hace 1 hora, Gorden121 dijo:

I think Yareli honestly is quite fine.
However there is a simple change that would make her good.
And I think that change would be to allow her to use Primary Weapons while riding Merulina.

You don't even need to allow her passive to buff primaries as well. Just being able to use primaries on her would honestly make her feel really nice.

Either change that as a general change, or make that her Merulina Augment.

(Also allowing Merulina to use K-Drive Mods would be nice but not terribly necessary).

Although what you say seems good to me and I would add to what I think.
My idea would be to make Merulina completely different.
Merulina is awkward to use perse you know.

I think that alone won't solve the problems with her. Her first and fourth abilities are pretty weak CC abilities compared to many Helminth abilities. Her fourth ability doesn't even remotely feel like an ultimate. Her abilities have very little synergy whatsoever. And her most blaring issue: on her K-Drive Yareli is pretty much a sitting duck, but doesn't bring the bulk or extras to back it up and the K-Drive itself only needs to be angrily looked at to fall apart. Also, K-Drives feel clunky to use. Her K-Drive is kind of her selling point, so it should be good, maybe outstanding even. Yet here she is, debuffing herself in a way, when using it. And it doesn't help that her arguably best ability is also her Helminth ability AND requires you to get close, which is an absolute No-Go if you want to use her K-Drive.

Her entire kit simply does not work. I already see her 5 mains crawling out of their holes defending her with their lives, but even them have to acknowledge that she REALLY is weak compared to, lets say Zephyr, Revenant, Garuda or Wisp.

-Make her K-Drive actually advantageous to use, give her some kind of invincibility while standing on it or something just as strong. Give her something like a teleport. Just make her K-Drive broken and give her something like a style meter (similar to Devil May Cry) she needs to keep up in order to keep it going to balance it out and provide incentive to do stunts, switch between your arsenal and stay on your toes.

-Give her first ability some kind of unique weakening effect, that is improved when combined with her K-Drive

-Give her third ability some kind of distance effect while on the K-Drive and further increase damage if enemies got hit by her first beforehand.

-Give her fourth ability something unique only she has, like deactivating overshield, nullifier bubbles and other enemy abilities. The enemies have ways to deactivate our abilities, why don't we have single ability to do the same to them? It would provide Yareli with a very special niche. 

53 minutes ago, A5PECT said:

Making primary weapon k-drive animations is anything but simple. Doable? Yes. But it'd take a non-insignicant amount dev resources that DE may or may not want to spend.

That said, I like the idea of letting Yareli on Merulina do things that other frames on k-drives can't.

They did a ton of extra animation work for Wisp after her release to let her float while moving with melee weapons equipped.  But Wisp was and still is pretty popular.  The community reaction to her release was largely favorable, and she's got the Tennogen support to prove it.  Yareli's release was dire, and she hasn't improved much since.  I don't think DE views her as worth it... if they even remember she exists.

To get back to the OP, primary weapons wouldn't be enough.  You'd still be using an indoor k drive, which is completely intolerable in most tiles in the game.  The changes I'd like to see are:

• better reliability for Sea Snares so they don't fizzle out on walls (LOS check?)
  • alternate form for Merulina, either as a summon or a buff, with the ability to quickly swap between the two states
  • duration added to Riptide so that Yareli can shoot into the waterspout while enemies are still inside, instead of just going through a lengthy animation
  • bug fixes so that falling off or getting CC'ed don't result in moonwalk mode as frequently as they do now

Archived