Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Forma when?

Lord_Drod

We have Aura Forma and Stance Forma, but Exilus Forma is very badly needed for warframes and for weapons and probably even more now w the introduction of these high capacity archon mods, where several don't offer any actual stat boost over their counterparts.  I've been waiting on this for years and would be a really nice QoL forma. 

Many people didn't appreciate the stance forma and you can't blame them.  There just aren't that many weapons w multiple stances or even multiple good stances where you'd want this(I'd love for that to change), but I've still used quite a bit of these and I'd use and desire the exilus forma even more!

Please add this to the game as a reward or in some way!

On 2022-09-25 at 11:42 PM, Lord_Drod said:

We have Aura Forma and Stance Forma, but Exilus Forma is very badly needed for warframes and for weapons and probably even more now w the introduction of these high capacity archon mods, where several don't offer any actual stat boost over their counterparts.  I've been waiting on this for years and would be a really nice QoL forma.

Why would you possibly use any of these? they require ridiculous amount of normal formas to built. Even exilus adapter unreasonable, it's more cost-efficient to unlock warframe exilus slot with plats, than building adapter from blueprint.

There is no real need to have a specific forma for the Exilus slot.  as all the mods for them both frame and weapon already use the old standard polarities and 90% of the really usefull ones already just run on 1 maybe 2 polarities.  On top of that i didnt notice exactly when change came about but now a mismatch in polarity only adds 1 maybe 2 to the drain instead of doubling it. 

Furthermore if its anything like aura forma bp it would be very hard for new players to get ahold of  due to cost requirements and they are mainly who would benifit from it as most likely to be still experimenting with builds

2 hours ago, (PSN)Cargan2016 said:

There is no real need to have a specific forma for the Exilus slot.  as all the mods for them both frame and weapon already use the old standard polarities and 90% of the really usefull ones already just run on 1 maybe 2 polarities.  On top of that i didnt notice exactly when change came about but now a mismatch in polarity only adds 1 maybe 2 to the drain instead of doubling it. 

Furthermore if its anything like aura forma bp it would be very hard for new players to get ahold of  due to cost requirements and they are mainly who would benifit from it as most likely to be still experimenting with builds

You can buy aura forma.  I buy it and have stacks of the bps.  None of these would be for new players.  There is a need for exilus forma so I don't have to forma every time I want to swap between aerial ace and projectile speed, ammo mutation etc and also there are several different polarities I switch on warframe.  I'm not sure how you could come to this conclusion.  There is a much bigger need for exilus forma than stance forma.  The drain has always been like that and it scales with mod capacity cost. 

8 hours ago, Redwyrm said:

Why would you possibly use any of these? they require ridiculous amount of normal formas to built. Even exilus adapter unreasonable, it's more cost-efficient to unlock warframe exilus slot with plats, than building adapter from blueprint.

I never craft exilus or aura.  I buy them both, so I agree there, but exilus forma doesn't exist.  If it was a stupid craft requirement and the plat value was reasonable, I'd buy it also.  I just want the ability to swap my mods and exilus forma on warframe and weapon would be a great QoL addition.  Not everyone will use it, but aura and stance exist and not everyone uses them either.

We don't need exilus forma.  We need an overhauled polarity system that isn't restrictive, is actually modular, and encourages experimentation.

Having forma apply a point based system where you can respec any polarities youve placed at any time (like incarnon evolutions.) wouldn't cut down forma spent, it would increase it.  There would be zero penalty for formaing every slot, and no, there shouldn't be a penalty for investing heavily and dumping time and resources into a weapon. 

It also future proofs meta swaps and reworks.  No more need to hand out free forma when they make big changes.  You would just respec.  Want to try a meme build or crazy idea, or test someone else's build? Respec.  Done.  It actively encourages investment and increases engagment and is player friendly.  I'd bet money it would increase forma and or booster sales.

23 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

We don't need exilus forma.  We need an overhauled polarity system that isn't restrictive, is actually modular, and encourages experimentation.

Having forma apply a point based system where you can respec any polarities youve placed at any time (like incarnon evolutions.) wouldn't cut down forma spent, it would increase it.  There would be zero penalty for formaing every slot, and no, there shouldn't be a penalty for investing heavily and dumping time and resources into a weapon. 

It also future proofs meta swaps and reworks.  No more need to hand out free forma when they make big changes.  You would just respec.  Want to try a meme build or crazy idea, or test someone else's build? Respec.  Done.  It actively encourages investment and increases engagment and is player friendly.  I'd bet money it would increase forma and or booster sales.

Yeah I agree, but I'm sure that would take them much longer than a exilus forma band aid haha.  If you had unique perks specific to each weapon, that would be another way to balance weaker weapons better as well, way more than what rivens are capable of.

16 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

If you had unique perks specific to each weapon, that would be another way to balance weaker weapons better as well, way more than what rivens are capable of.

Another way to balance the weapons would be to change how all the weaker statuses work.  A lot of weapons are only as strong as they are because they can reliably proc viral/slash.  Crit stats and the right ratio of fire rate to damage, or really high damage with solid status are really the only thing that works well.  Beam weapons can be exceptions to that, but for specific reasons.  You can hit high status and solid fire rate with the Dera Vandal but it can't compete with the Kuva Nukor.  Changing underused status effects to be better for combat would allow many weaker weapons to compete.  If 10 stacks of cold let you bypass defense for a few seconds, a weapon like the Dera Vandal gets an automatic massive buff.  And it doesn't require a nerf to current meta, and acts as competition for it, since most weapons can't use cold and viral at the same time.  If impact status had a small Shattering Impact-type effect where it permanently removed say 5% of enemy armor per proc, it would take 20 procs to completely strip armor, but that enemy would take more and more damage from each hit and would create build up against tankier enemies for weaker weapons.  If puncture procs allowed a portion of damage dealt to go directly to health, with a higher % for more procs, weapons with okayish damage that can't proc slash reliably would also be able to deal with heavy armor.

We deal with enemy armor scaling through bypass mechanics already.  But because of how narrow those mechanics are, any weapon that can't use them gets left as MR fodder.  You could instantly buff a huge chunk of the arsenal by helping more statuses than just viral/slash matter.

Archived