Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re-introducing the Void

Alphas

For a great many years the Void has languished as a forgotten and discarded tileset.  I think it's time for the Void to be re-introduced for players as a farming location for relics as well as specific Prime Part drops. 

I think we can all see the signs that the Prime Access economy is no longer meshing quite well with the Warframe releases.  Warframes are being released with plenty of "signature weapons" that have been occupying their Prime Access slots.  Phantasma and Tatsu, Hystrix and Dual Keres, Scourge and Knell, Astilla and Volnus, Tenora and Pandero.  For almost a solid two years we've been getting Primes with signature weapons with only Garuda and Nidus being a respite of this issue (and Garuda only getting half credit).  We will reach a tipping point soon where Warframes will be coming out with their signature weapons and their Primes will be coming with the same set of weapons which leaves plenty of other Tenno-made weaponry to languish without a Prime upgrade.  Guns like the Furis, Attica, and Daikyu seem to be left behind and abandoned.  These are weapons that don't have associated Warframes to wield them.  I think it would be a good idea to give these weapons Prime versions like the other generic Primes i.e., Braton, Burston, Lex, Bronco, Fang, and Orthos.  Allow these weapons to leave the Relic pools and exist as mission rewards for the Void while allowing signature weapons and Prime Access weapons to stay in the relics.

We've seen new primes get added to the game without Prime Access with Aklex and Akvasto Prime.  I don't think it would be unreasonable to give these generic weapons a Prime version every few months that drops into the Void missions.

14 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Geez, why is it only the Void that get special treatment? Grineer Galleon is around for quite long, yet I don't see anyone ask for their time in the spotlight. Corpus planets too. Why can't other tileset also get some love?

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that the Grineer Galleon is the most important tileset in the game both lore-wise and for rewards.

The entire point of this is to introduce more Evergreen Primes into the game.  What would be the best way to do that aside from putting them in the Orokin Void where they came from?

7 minutes ago, Alphas said:

The entire point of this is to introduce more Evergreen Primes into the game.  What would be the best way to do that aside from putting them in the Orokin Void where they came from?

Lua could be a contender. Cetus and Fortuna with the Orokin Tower could also be one. Are you planning to include them too?

I'm down for more Prime and less dilution of the reward table, just not too sold that it have to be on the Void.

I would love it if the Void got some attention... I know I'm maybe alone but it felt so much more special (And at times daunting) when this was where you went for prime parts... A bunch of new tilesets (Or at least just mission nodes) and making it the go to spot for primes again would be sweet...

Like the idea of some random primes dropping here that would be fun...!

On 2022-10-18 at 2:11 AM, Gamma745 said:

Lua could be a contender. Cetus and Fortuna with the Orokin Tower could also be one. Are you planning to include them too?

I'm down for more Prime and less dilution of the reward table, just not too sold that it have to be on the Void.

I want it to be the Void since it has gone completely unused since Relics were introduced.  There is currently no reason to do any missions there outside of the occasional Fissure on Ukko and for a Sortie/Steel Path run to get mastery for the node.

2 hours ago, Alphas said:

I want it to be the Void since it has gone completely unused since Relics were introduced.  There is currently no reason to do any missions there outside of the occasional Fissure on Ukko and for a Sortie/Steel Path run to get mastery for the node.

Outside of the few mission types that do not exist in the void, all the best relic farming nodes are in the void. A large amount of people do captures there for relics. Then there is the argon crystal farming people need to get every now and then.

So I would say you are greatly exaggerating.

9 hours ago, Alphas said:

In addition to what Frendh already mentioned, the Void is also the only source of Aya outside of bounties. For those who prefer normal missions, this is their source.

Second of all, this response just confirms my suspicion: this idea just reeks of nostalgia goggles. Let it go already.

On 2022-10-20 at 9:59 PM, Gamma745 said:

In addition to what Frendh already mentioned, the Void is also the only source of Aya outside of bounties. For those who prefer normal missions, this is their source.

Second of all, this response just confirms my suspicion: this idea just reeks of nostalgia goggles. Let it go already.

Lmao that's like telling people that want Raids to come back that they're just huffing copium and gluing nostalgia goggles on because they want another source for the Arcanes instead of eidolons.

I guess DE should just permanently abandon all content like they always do.  Void Storms should never be re-touched to address their laughably bad reward structure.  Open world content shouldn't be retuned to further integrate themselves into the core game since they're all just islands of content with nothing connecting them.

I guess problems should just stay problems because the only logical solution to this growing issue could theoretically be conceived as a nostalgic change.  Your takes are garbage lmao.  Pure contrarianism.

3 hours ago, Alphas said:

Lmao that's like telling people that want Raids to come back that they're just huffing copium and gluing nostalgia goggles on because they want another source for the Arcanes instead of eidolons.

That's two different things with different circumstances. Raids were already said from the start to be temporarily pulled out so DE can rework and refine it. The Void towers was explicitly said to be replaced with the Relic system.

3 hours ago, Alphas said:

I guess problems should just stay problems because the only logical solution to this growing issue could theoretically be conceived as a nostalgic change.  Your takes are garbage lmao.  Pure contrarianism.

Problems do need to be fixed. When did I ever say otherwise?

The thing is, what is the "problem" your suggestion supposed to "fix"? The Void is largely abandoned outside of random fissures? As Frendh already mentioned, the Void is still quite the go to farming spot for Relics. That doesn't sound abandoned to me.

On 2022-10-23 at 8:48 PM, Gamma745 said:

That's two different things with different circumstances. Raids were already said from the start to be temporarily pulled out so DE can rework and refine it. The Void towers was explicitly said to be replaced with the Relic system.

Problems do need to be fixed. When did I ever say otherwise?

The thing is, what is the "problem" your suggestion supposed to "fix"? The Void is largely abandoned outside of random fissures? As Frendh already mentioned, the Void is still quite the go to farming spot for Relics. That doesn't sound abandoned to me.

LMAO "temporarily" pulled out.  How many years ago was that now?

It may be an okay farming spot for relics, but that doesn't do a single thing for player populations.  Nodes like Spear on Mars are juiced with their Lith relic drops.  Every planet needs to have a juiced node or two.  The Void has nothing.  There's no reason for people to play any missions in the Void aside from the dual stat Toxin mods from Corrupted Vor, and if you think that's a good enough reason to play then you're sorely mistaken.

Your entire argument is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it, even if it's mediocre and barely hanging onto relevancy through some vague, hypothetical farm that nobody actually does."

5 minutes ago, Alphas said:

LMAO "temporarily" pulled out.  How many years ago was that now?

You're free to say that in front of the Raid enthusiasts. DE already have said in one Devstreams they have some thoughts on Raids, just very different than before.

7 minutes ago, Alphas said:

It may be an okay farming spot for relics, but that doesn't do a single thing for player populations.  Nodes like Spear on Mars are juiced with their Lith relic drops.  Every planet needs to have a juiced node or two.  The Void has nothing.  There's no reason for people to play any missions in the Void aside from the dual stat Toxin mods from Corrupted Vor, and if you think that's a good enough reason to play then you're sorely mistaken.

Your entire argument is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it, even if it's mediocre and barely hanging onto relevancy through some vague, hypothetical farm that nobody actually does."

Which just went back to my first comment. What about Phobos then? Ceres? Europa? Saturn? Deimos? Eris?

Why is it ONLY the Void?

3 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

You're free to say that in front of the Raid enthusiasts. DE already have said in one Devstreams they have some thoughts on Raids, just very different than before.

Which just went back to my first comment. What about Phobos then? Ceres? Europa? Saturn? Deimos? Eris?

Why is it ONLY the Void?

Lmao I do say that to the old Raid enthusiasts.  They've talked about bringing Raids back for years and NOTHING ever comes of it.  It's just copium at this point.

I don't know, you could say the same thing for why DE chose to update the Corpus Ship tileset, or why they remastered the lighting in the Grineer Galleon, or why they chose to rework the Derelict into Deimos with an open world instead of any of the other planets.  What kind of question is that?  IDK, it's just a tileset that hasn't been touched or even close to relevant in years.  I feel like you're just replying in bad faith at this point.  No justification would ever be good enough because you're just going to spit it back in my face with some half-baked response.  Why rework the Void when X exists?  Well why rework X when Y exists?  Why touch Raids when Conclave hasn't been addressed in years?  Why not touch Rathuum or the Index?  Why not do more with Infested Salvage?  There's no correct answer for questions like these.  You're just being a #$&(%.

2 minutes ago, Alphas said:

I don't know, you could say the same thing for why DE chose to update the Corpus Ship tileset, or why they remastered the lighting in the Grineer Galleon, or why they chose to rework the Derelict into Deimos with an open world instead of any of the other planets.  What kind of question is that?  IDK, it's just a tileset that hasn't been touched or even close to relevant in years.  I feel like you're just replying in bad faith at this point.  No justification would ever be good enough because you're just going to spit it back in my face with some half-baked response.  Why rework the Void when X exists?  Well why rework X when Y exists?  Why touch Raids when Conclave hasn't been addressed in years?  Why not touch Rathuum or the Index?  Why not do more with Infested Salvage?  There's no correct answer for questions like these.  You're just being a #$&(%.

If it's about tilesets that are old, the Corpus ice planets are also quite old. Isn't that practically my first question? To include them as well?

7 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

If it's about tilesets that are old, the Corpus ice planets are also quite old. Isn't that practically my first question? To include them as well?

I don't even understand what your argument is anymore.  You're literally just playing the contrarian at this point.  Anything I say you have some dumb rebuttal that doesn't mean anything.  "If it's about old tilesets then why not touch THIS one?"  That means NOTHING.  You brought up Raids, but why even bother bringing them up when they were removed like a year after the last Conclave event?  Why not ask for Conclave to get reworked instead of my proposed Void rework?  Your positions here are meaningless outside of stupid gesturing. 

I guess DE should just abandon all content after 6 months and never revisit anything because some random schmuck on the forums is just going to point to some other piece of old content and ask why that wasn't reworked instead.  Do you see how stupid this position is?

17 hours ago, Alphas said:

You brought up Raids, but why even bother bringing them up when they were removed like a year after the last Conclave event?

You're the one who brought it up:

On 2022-10-24 at 4:37 AM, Alphas said:

17 hours ago, Alphas said:

"If it's about old tilesets then why not touch THIS one?"  That means NOTHING. ...

I just realized, but we are talking about tilesets, right? Why did you start mentioning Infested Salvage and Conclave? You're mistaking "tilesets" with "gamemode"

Second of all, what I'm asking is why is other tilesets not included AS WELL. I'm not saying the Void can't get something, just asking why it can't be extended to others as well. What you're proposing is a system that can be applied to a lot of other planets, so what irked me is that you want it limited to the Void.

3 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

I just realized, but we are talking about tilesets, right? Why did you start mentioning Infested Salvage and Conclave? You're mistaking "tilesets" with "gamemode"

Second of all, what I'm asking is why is other tilesets not included AS WELL. I'm not saying the Void can't get something, just asking why it can't be extended to others as well. What you're proposing is a system that can be applied to a lot of other planets, so what irked me is that you want it limited to the Void.

This is about prime parts and since there is history there with the void it makes sense. You're not even adding anything constructive to this like why it would or wouldn't work, just complaining about it not being for every tileset. Each planet should have its own unique thing, and his happened to be for the void. If you want something for those other places, then why don't you come up with an idea.

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)DatNewBooty said:

This is about prime parts and since there is history there with the void it makes sense.

If we just want to talk about history, you do realize the Orokin Derelict was also a source, right? Anyway, I doubt that's the main point of your post so...

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)DatNewBooty said:

You're not even adding anything constructive to this like why it would or wouldn't work, just complaining about it not being for every tileset. Each planet should have its own unique thing, and his happened to be for the void. If you want something for those other places, then why don't you come up with an idea.

Yes, I will admit that I'm a little biased against giving something exclusive to the Void after my own experience with the Void Towers system. I don't have any ideas mostly because of that, I don't exactly like having something "exclusive" to a single place or a single mission. There are already quite enough of those and having more that is essentially going backwards on a system DE already made un-exclusive just rubs me the wrong way.

On 2022-11-01 at 12:16 AM, Gamma745 said:

If we just want to talk about history, you do realize the Orokin Derelict was also a source, right? Anyway, I doubt that's the main point of your post so...

Yes, I will admit that I'm a little biased against giving something exclusive to the Void after my own experience with the Void Towers system. I don't have any ideas mostly because of that, I don't exactly like having something "exclusive" to a single place or a single mission. There are already quite enough of those and having more that is essentially going backwards on a system DE already made un-exclusive just rubs me the wrong way.

You're doing it again.  You're just deflecting.  "Why not touch this tileset instead?  Why not do this other old one?
If you don't like having items being exclusive to single missions then are you upset about Prime parts being locked to Fissures?  If it rubs you the wrong way that evergreen Primes get moved to the Void as to not clog up Relics then why not just SAY that instead of doing this roundabout BS where you complain about older tilesets not getting love either?

5 hours ago, Alphas said:

You're doing it again.  You're just deflecting.  "Why not touch this tileset instead?  Why not do this other old one?
If you don't like having items being exclusive to single missions then are you upset about Prime parts being locked to Fissures?  If it rubs you the wrong way that evergreen Primes get moved to the Void as to not clog up Relics then why not just SAY that instead of doing this roundabout BS where you complain about older tilesets not getting love either?

Fine, do whatever you want. You want me out of this thread? Fine.

1 hour ago, Gamma745 said:

Fine, do whatever you want. You want me out of this thread? Fine.

I don't know why you even came into this thread in the first place if all you were going to do was skirt around every rebuttal and retort I had.  You never offered up any sort of counter-argument.  It was just "why can't these other old things be touched?"  You never grasped the concept of this thread in any of your replies.  Literally nothing you said was helpful or wanted.  I hope you can recognize that and learn to identify when your voice is and isn't needed in a given conversation.

Archived