Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A pluage glaive zaw

(PSN)Grand_Sheba

6 hours ago, (PSN)Grand_Sheba said:

Dying to see a glaive zaw option come out or even an incarnon glaive

I don't think they can - the strike + grip decides the weapon type, while on some weapons (whip, glaive, warfan, claws, etc) it's all integrated. 

What would a glaive blade look like on a polearm grip? What about a cleaver blade on a glaive grip?

So far all the kitguns/zaws are entirely modular. I don't think there's any benefit on the added pain of modular weapon building if you only have one choice for it.

Incarnon glaive would be fun, but Incarnon weapons are a mess - a whole load of choices but only one is OP while the rest are bizarre and often utterly useless (hmm, do I want +2000% damage or double ammo while aim gliding in base mode, hmm, it's a tough choice 😜)

They need to sort out the Incarnon weapons we have before adding any more

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-10-22 at 10:06 AM, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

I don't think they can - the strike + grip decides the weapon type, while on some weapons (whip, glaive, warfan, claws, etc) it's all integrated. 

What would a glaive blade look like on a polearm grip? What about a cleaver blade on a glaive grip?

So far all the kitguns/zaws are entirely modular. I don't think there's any benefit on the added pain of modular weapon building if you only have one choice for it.

Incarnon glaive would be fun, but Incarnon weapons are a mess - a whole load of choices but only one is OP while the rest are bizarre and often utterly useless (hmm, do I want +2000% damage or double ammo while aim gliding in base mode, hmm, it's a tough choice 😜)

They need to sort out the Incarnon weapons we have before adding any more

Fair point, the incarnons how ever are fine as they are honestly. The evolutions could have some better options that make choosing one or the other more favorable and harder to choose. But overall theybare very good for vet cotent and players.

As far as the grip ans blades, the grip would make for different types of glaives, the different blades would make for different glaive blades that have different explosion efects. For example the rapier type blade would cause a needle explosion where the scythe one would cause an implosion pull effect since they are more like fans.  The weights would allow for more speed and longer or short flight/bounce times.

On 2022-11-04 at 3:30 PM, (PSN)Grand_Sheba said:

Fair point, the incarnons how ever are fine as they are honestly. The evolutions could have some better options that make choosing one or the other more favorable and harder to choose. But overall theybare very good for vet cotent and players

I'm one of those players, and they're a mess. There's only one way to build them, and while they're powerful once you've built them they're kind of boring. I use them, they're great at some content, but they're disappointing overall.

On 2022-11-04 at 3:30 PM, (PSN)Grand_Sheba said:

As far as the grip ans blades, the grip would make for different types of glaives, the different blades would make for different glaive blades that have different explosion efects. For example the rapier type blade would cause a needle explosion where the scythe one would cause an implosion pull effect since they are more like fans.  The weights would allow for more speed and longer or short flight/bounce times.

So I guess you're suggesting a glaive grip, and then I guess 3x strike. That makes sense, only there are a lot of strikes. The whole point of using glaives is that they get a guaranteed proc on heavy - the reason Glaive Prime is current usage king is that it does Slash. What would all the zaw strikes do? Sure, some Puncture, some Impact, and maybe the plague strikes do toxin, but everyone's gonna pick whatever strike does Slash.

Maybe if there were some new strikes with innate elemental damage instead of physical? I don't know, but it feels like just extra steps to build a glaive we already have.

Archived