The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3x3 Eidolon

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

10 answers to this question

В 31.10.2022 в 08:02, (XBOX)Player244024418 сказал:

Do the first, then put in my shard, then the second, shard, third? Or would I waste a shard?

Yes, you have to place your shard after each eidolon to fight the next. You won't waste any, since you can't fight gantulyst and hydrolist without "a shard sacrifice".

On 2022-10-30 at 9:06 PM, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

You can do it solo. It's much harder, but you can do it.

I'm getting pretty good with my Rubico Prime. Can take down the first in 10min or less, but it seems more Voms spam on the last appendage. I'll use my Necramech in locked mode at the end to hammer him the moment he stands. Works well. I will also add one more forma to my Rubico Prime. Takes about 12-18 shots depending on how lucky I get to do orange damage.

12 hours ago, (PSN)sieg_valentine said:

It's doable solo but it takes alot of practice and a good solo setup. There are some guides in YouTube for soloing eidolons. 

I've been soloing or group hunts with randos quite a bit ready. Probably hunted 30+ solo by now maybe more.

1 hour ago, FulfillMyWill said:

Yes, you have to place your shard after each eidolon to fight the next. You won't waste any, since you can't fight gantulyst and hydrolist without "a shard sacrifice".

So you don't need four shards, that's my question. If I am solo and insert the shard, will the next one spawn off only a single shard? Does it also matter if I'm public but no one joined (yet), would a single shard still work?

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

So you don't need four shards, that's my question. If I am solo and insert the shard, will the next one spawn off only a single shard?

Yes - you'll only need to sacrifice a single shard to spawn.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Does it also matter if I'm public but no one joined (yet), would a single shard still work?

The number of shards required scales by party size - if no-one's joined, you only need one shard.

You can also reclaim your shard after offering it if you'e not alone and the rest of the party doesn't want to continue. You only lose a shard if you spawn the next Eidolon and fail to capture it.

On 2022-10-31 at 3:02 AM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

hunt the three Eidolons

Just a small heads up to reduce (future opportunities for) confusion, a single Tridolon run would be a 1x3,
while the 3x3 from your title would be running the triple Eidolon Bounty three times in one night.

On 2022-11-01 at 7:36 AM, drnlmza said:

You can also reclaim your shard after offering it if you'e not alone and the rest of the party doesn't want to continue. You only lose a shard if you spawn the next Eidolon and fail to capture it.

Yet another great tidbit of info. How does one do that? I wasted three shards already in a group of randos. Would love to know how to reclaim.

On 2022-11-01 at 7:47 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Just a small heads up to reduce (future opportunities for) confusion, a single Tridolon run would be a 1x3,
while the 3x3 from your title would be running the triple Eidolon Bounty three times in one night.

LOL. Yes, 1x3 is what I'm wondering. I'd like to give that a try soon. Maybe I'll do the bounty and join a few public squads first to see what's up. I did two before just not three. The second wasn't too bad.

On 2022-11-05 at 1:50 AM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Yet another great tidbit of info. How does one do that? I wasted three shards already in a group of randos. Would love to know how to reclaim.

After you've donated a shard, but before all the shards required have been added, you should see a prompt "Remove shard" at the same point as the "Insert shard" prompt. You may need to move away and return for it to show up - it's been a while since I've had to use that option.

8 hours ago, drnlmza said:

After you've donated a shard, but before all the shards required have been added, you should see a prompt "Remove shard" at the same point as the "Insert shard" prompt.

Ok thanks. Did not know. I assume because I put my shard then stepped away waiting and when the other person bailed I thought I was left hanging and left too

Archived