The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

If your argument is sound, Blowfist, then it's pretty good of DE to put the "juicy" primes in the lower tiers, and the less desirable exclusives in the final tier. Isn't it?

Exclusives in tier one, tier two weapons, tier three the prime along with credits boosters.

RNG dictates people will upgrade to obtain the weapons and frame.

Last time I checked the ember prime was pretty desirable.

also: the irony of the complaint and this thread is not lost on me.

10/10 for that op (thats a bad thing)

i dont hate plat trade.

i think it is a very nice thing that can allow people who cant or simply will not buy plat, to actually get plat.

what i hate, is the price gouging, and the fact that DE allows it.

i have seen a mod sell for 2500 plat... thats about $120 (usd) for 1 single mod.

that is sickening and abhorrent.

we need some kind of regulation to prevent such nonsense, not a removal of the system.

greed/money has a funny way of making people act like A$%&@#$.

indeed, we are not forced to buy anything, and for the most part, prices are ok... but prime access is ridiculous and DE should be ashamed of what price they put on it.

imo, they need to severely cut back on, or completely remove the plat, and slash the price into 1/3 of what it currently is.

First of all. This thread is not a complaint and more of a clarification to the people who keeps on complaining. It may appeal to you as a complain but if you look closely, it's not. I don't see the irony that you are talking about.

Second. The prices of mods are totally up to the people who are selling/buying the mod. If they have agreed on the price then let them. It's a mutual agreement between them and them only. I don't see it as a nonsense but I see it as a capability of the person buying to actually provide 2500 platinum. 

If you're looking for a regulation on the price. I'm sorry to say but the price is not up to the DE but on the player selling it. This is how it is in most MMORPGs. The price regulation revolves around the players and to the players only.

and last but not the least. like what our Community Moderator "Blatantfool" said, the prime access pack is indeed expensive BUT keep in mind. you are getting what you are promised. plus, comparing the prime access to just buying a platinum. prime acess is unarguably better. it provides you with 4300 platinum with the lower cost than 200$ and it also comes with the "cake" on the side. so to say.

But she can still be farmed just fine. People are sprouting up here and there having gotten all her parts. So at least the worst didn't happen, none of the drops are bugged.

That's to be expected, that's how RNG works. You could obtain her in 30 minutes with every run dropping a part. On the flip side you could spend your entire life playing warframe and never obtain the ember prime.

Overall the Update 11 including drop rates has been great, im really happy with what they've done. My only issue of the whole release is the Prime Access.

I'm correct but I'm wrong, how does that work?

Farmville and steam trading cards prove that people will pay like drug addicts for exclusive items.

DE accountants have stuck the exclusives in tier three to extort as much money from people as possible.

Their actions cannot be defended and your attempts erode any integrity you have left.

Buddy, I can play devils advocate all Morning, I'm too bored not to reply I guess. I'm not even entirely sure how you got me to defend it this hard, but you keep replying and you seem to be sincere so I'm tempted to keep it up.

Though I simply don't agree about that original thing you said about putting the exclusives on a lower tier instead. The way the pack is laid out now seems like a no brainer, I mean who in their right mind would drop that kind of money JUST for stuff they could farm.

And it is perfectly true that the Plat part of the package alone outvalues the price they charge for Inferno. It is a glorified Platinum package with swag attached. It IS platinum at a bit of a discount.

The problem is, considering even that, it is still incredibly expensive.

That's to be expected, that's how RNG works. You could obtain her in 30 minutes with every run dropping a part. On the flip side you could spend your entire life playing warframe and never obtain the ember prime.

Overall the Update 11 including drop rates has been great, im really happy with what they've done. My only issue of the whole release is the Prime Access.

Well I can easily say this much - I've gotta ask some questions.

You raised the question as to whether Misa Syandana and Titan Prime are permanently in the Acces pack or whether they cycle. I think they don't cycle, but I should ask anyway. I need to be sure if I'm gonna keep telling people.

And then comes the bigger question, which I'm afraid I already know the answer to. "Are people actually supposed to buy this thing anew each time?"

Ugh.

You can still achieve everything by playing the game, just need more patience...

Trade system is good, everyone profits.. ( poor guys can get platinum from not so poor, not so poor guys can get mods from poor guys and Digital Extremes earns Money because people can use their platinum more often )

i dont get all the hate

i like that new update =)

Why dont you just make some or all of the Plat buyable as a Addon.

You can get 50% and even 75% (never got this one) coupons for Plat meaning 4,3k plat at a price of 100€ or just 50€.

So i would be fair if you sell all items of the Inferno-Pack for 40-50€ without Platinum or with just 500 Plat. But with an option to buy Platinum with a reduced Price with it.

OR to make it much easier just include a 50% or 75% Plat Coupon in the Pack. ^^

I want those options because i don't need Plat, but want the items, especially the Syandana (Primes not included since i want them farm myself.)

So I would buy an Inferno-Pack for 40€ even if it has no Plat in it. 50€ if there is 500-1000 Plat in it. but 4,3K Plat for 126€ in total is too much.

Buddy, I can play devils advocate all Morning, I'm too bored not to reply I guess. I'm not even entirely sure how you got me to defend it this hard, but you keep replying and you seem to be sincere so I'm tempted to keep it up.

Though I simply don't agree about that original thing you said about putting the exclusives on a lower tier instead. The way the pack is laid out now seems like a no brainer, I mean who in their right mind would drop that kind of money JUST for stuff they could farm.

And it is perfectly true that the Plat part of the package alone outvalues the price they charge for Inferno. It is a glorified Platinum package with swag attached. It IS platinum at a bit of a discount.

The problem is, considering even that, it is still incredibly expensive.

That's the point you're missing. We can't farm it like frost prime and mag prime because DE have significantly reduced the drop rate to make people buy the Prime Access pack. They've then thrown in items like plat and boosters to justify the ridiculous price tag which we both seem to agree on.

I'm very sincere about the Prime Access pack because it's the model they'll be using for all future prime releases:

Prime drop rate below 5% for all parts to force people to buy the Prime Access. (I'm okay with this, at least it has a chance to drop)

Unobtainable items in Tier three to force those who wish to collect everything to spend the maximum amount of money. (not okay with this)

Edited by Blowfist

I don't understand why I see a lot of people saying founders should get discount or get the exclusive only package from prime access and all the "I am a founder, I deserve to get _____".

The thing is you are a founder and you already got what you paid for, all the stuff that you got are exclusives as well so why are you still hoping you can get more out of being a founder.

The problem is with how they are marketing the prime access packs and has nothing to do with you as a founder. I hope you can understand what I am trying to get across here. People are just upset that in order to get the exclusives, they need to pay for the tier 3 crazy price so they are saying "let the founders get discount." but that is not the solution.

I think that people should get the exclusive as long as they paid to buy the package because the point of the package says it is for prime access so the meat should be the primes not some exclusive.

So why not distribute the exclusives across the tiers:

Tier 1:

Sicarus Prime

Scarf Prime

Platinum

Tier 2:

+Glaive Prime

+Titan extractor

Tier 3:

+Ember Prime

+Ember Prime Icon

+Booster

People may argue that if it is like this people will not buy tier 3 but that doesn't mean DE will earn less because of it. They shouldn't be greedy for big money but smaller money accumulated together is still big money. And with this tier arrangement, Tier 1 is most definitely going to be selling like pancakes.

Completely agree. Founders should get no discount. We even received t-shirts and a bandana which was really nice of DE and something completely out of the blue. Although I'm starting to wonder if that was to butter us up for the impending Prime Access model, which is a shame I'm even thinking that.

I also agree with your proposed change to the Prime Access.

Edited by Blowfist

Well I can easily say this much - I've gotta ask some questions.

You raised the question as to whether Misa Syandana and Titan Prime are permanently in the Acces pack or whether they cycle. I think they don't cycle, but I should ask anyway. I need to be sure if I'm gonna keep telling people.

And then comes the bigger question, which I'm afraid I already know the answer to. "Are people actually supposed to buy this thing anew each time?"

Ugh.

Make sure to also ask them if they're prepared to be visited by the ghost of Christmas past, present and future this year.

"Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”

I don't understand why I see a lot of people saying founders should get discount or get the exclusive only package from prime access and all the "I am a founder, I deserve to get _____".

The thing is you are a founder and you already got what you paid for, all the stuff that you got are exclusives as well so why are you still hoping you can get more out of being a founder.

The problem is with how they are marketing the prime access packs and has nothing to do with you as a founder. I hope you can understand what I am trying to get across here. People are just upset that in order to get the exclusives, they need to pay for the tier 3 crazy price so they are saying "let the founders get discount." but that is not the solution.

I think that people should get the exclusive as long as they paid to buy the package because the point of the package says it is for prime access so the meat should be the primes not some exclusive.

So why not distribute the exclusives across the tiers:

Tier 1:

Sicarus Prime

Scarf Prime

Platinum

Tier 2:

+Glaive Prime

+Titan extractor

Tier 3:

+Ember Prime

+Ember Prime Icon

+Booster

People may argue that if it is like this people will not buy tier 3 but that doesn't mean DE will earn less because of it. They shouldn't be greedy for big money but smaller money accumulated together is still big money. And with this tier arrangement, Tier 1 is most definitely going to be selling like pancakes.

i agree about the change :) 

I agree with your proposed change, but the thing is that the highest level founders were given the implication that as long as they spent their plat wisely (i.e. only on things you can't get without it e.g. slots/skins) they wouldn't have to spend another penny on the game. Now DE comes out with something exclusive that no level of founder can get without spending more money. Granted, they never outright stated that as fact, but it is very shady to imply it and use that implication as a selling point, then release more exclusives they can't get with plat.

Agreed, I'm a founder, but I don't see why i should would need the 'rights' to a discount on Prime Access.

Some people are just like that though, like when they launched for Ps4, there were a 'vocal' group claiming rights to priority (not even shared priority) to content, attention, goodies etc. simply because "We were here first!" and that's pretty unreasonable seeming how much we've already been given.

As for the bundles you propose, yes, I agree, a small pack of scarf and one prime sidearm seems a little more accurate than leaving the little touches for last and I'm not just saying that because I really want the scarf (So funky :D), but it seems a little more balanced than getting the weapons and Ember prime herself in cheaper packs.

Perhaps, with enough feedback, they will revise it in the next "rotation".

Edited by Phantom_Jack

Agreed, I'm a founder, but I don't see why i should would need the 'rights' to a discount on Prime Access.

Some people are just like that though, like when they launched for Ps4, there were a 'vocal' group claiming rights to priority (not even shared priority) to content, attention, goodies etc. simply because "We were here first!" and that's pretty unreasonable seeming how much we've already been given.

As for the bundles you propose, yes, I agree, a small pack of scarf and one prime sidearm seems a little more accurate than leaving the little touches for last and I'm not just saying that because I really want the scarf (So funky :D), but it seems a little more balanced than getting the weapons and Ember prime herself in cheaper packs.

This OP is very much my thoughts on the bundle scaling.

Perhaps with enough feedback, they will revise it in the next "rotation".

Or they could just fix it ASAP before the impending livestream bloodbath and permanent damage to their reputation which would place them in the same league as EA.

DE has been one of the best developers I've seen when it comes to community in the last ten years. The Prime Access bundle and Tier system for me and others has the potential to completely rip the heart out of the community.

Edited by Blowfist

I fail to see why anybody would blow 150 dorrah on that stuff. Sure, you get the new stuff quickly but what is the ACTUAL point? It's just bling weapons, a fancy scarf and a bling warframe... that and you're robbing yourself out of gameplay by buying it like that. But hey, I guess some people like having their new toys for a week, get bored and then leave Warframe for another month.

If they implement your proposed changes and I don't obtain the ember prime through farming within a month. I would upgrade to Tier 3.

Let's not forget that Ember prime and even the other prime weapons are starting to look like they're well under 5% drop chance.

I fail to see why anybody would blow 150 dorrah on that stuff. Sure, you get the new stuff quickly but what is the ACTUAL point? It's just bling weapons, a fancy scarf and a bling warframe... that and you're robbing yourself out of gameplay by buying it like that. But hey, I guess some people like having their new toys for a week, get bored and then leave Warframe for another month.

TF2 M Bison style hat with flame effect and nothing special despite the look sold for $4000. Steam card trading is just as bad.

If they released a unique item for warframe that cost $4000, there is a handful of people who would pay that price.

Edited by Blowfist

Whoa whoa yes the cosmetics should NOT be in the tier one at all but if you are willing to pay $50 for the tier one why not STICK with the idea of an Cosmetic Exclusive Bundle that happens and changes as the Prime Access does. The Cosmetic Exclusive Bundle would be $50 and contain ONLY those cosmetics the bigger question is should it be public to all if not who should get it? We should be discussing those points and nothing more and no arguing amongst ourself.

You can still achieve everything by playing the game, just need more patience...

Trade system is good, everyone profits.. ( poor guys can get platinum from not so poor, not so poor guys can get mods from poor guys and Digital Extremes earns Money because people can use their platinum more often )

i dont get all the hate

i like that new update =)

now see. this one is +1 material here.

I am glad people agree with me but I doubt changes will be made even if so many people voice their opinions on this matter.

I agree with your proposed change, but the thing is that the highest level founders were given the implication that as long as they spent their plat wisely (i.e. only on things you can't get without it e.g. slots/skins) they wouldn't have to spend another penny on the game. Now DE comes out with something exclusive that no level of founder can get without spending more money. Granted, they never outright stated that as fact, but it is very shady to imply it and use that implication as a selling point, then release more exclusives they can't get with plat.

I never thought that they would sell exclusives in packages where u need to spend real money too. I thought that the plat only items in the market were going to be the sort of 'exclusive' items because u NEED to purchase plat as well in order to buy them but I am wrong. Edited by Chromabanana

Move the Misa Syandana scarf and all future exclusive content to Tier One of the Prime Access, along with the icons and titan prime. Then remove the glaive and sicarus to tier two and higher. Problem solved.

Founders and people who want to earn the weapons are able to buy the exclusives without ruining their game by purchasing the weapons. Keeping the exclusives in Tier three is a clear money grabbing exploit of the community in a game where they're making a very healthy profit.

Seems most people agree with this idea. I think I can see clearly (now the rain is gone) how this idea could work since my previous counter-argument.