Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Allow medium and large Energy Orbs that exist in Open World tile-sets to exist in Normal Star Chart (Steel Path as well) tile-sets.

RogueSyndiva

2 hours ago, RogueSyndiva said:

Why doesn't the same thing apply to Star Chart tile-sets?

Because in normal Tilesets enemies are far more clustered up which makes killing groups of them far easier and dropping more orbs within range, theres also the fact that in Open Worlds you move from settlement to settlement so these have to have their own containers and reserves for players to access if there is some mission there, its also very unnecessary to have the 50/100 energy orbs in normal maps as there is an abundance of methods to restore energy.

If anything, the game needs to shrink the ease of energy regeneration, so that they can justify buffing more Abilities to be more powerful and worth using, compared to currently where they have to do things like proactively prevent spammable AoE in ESO.

I'm also okay with how fun it is to have like, Zenurik Wellspring and 75% efficiency, and being able to nearly infinitely cast Tidal Surge (with the Augment) consecutively. But yeah, I can already do that. Definitely don't need more energy regen overall.

HOWEVER. I do think, as a QoL thing, that it'd be nice for there to be a small amount of passive energy regeneration, like a single Energy Siphon's worth. It's not fast. But at the very least, if you're just mucking about in an Open World, or are combing a normal tileset for Medallions, Caches, or other treasures, you'd eventually get back up to max without having to have intentionally (or accidentally) doing something like picking up Energy Orbs to have gotten back up to max energy for your next engagement. Ninjas should be able to hit and run, after all.

16 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Because in normal Tilesets enemies are far more clustered up which makes killing groups of them far easier and dropping more orbs within range, theres also the fact that in Open Worlds you move from settlement to settlement so these have to have their own containers and reserves for players to access if there is some mission there, its also very unnecessary to have the 50/100 energy orbs in normal maps as there is an abundance of methods to restore energy.

Didn't take spammy low ability-efficiency builds (mainly for endless Steel Path missions) into account but I get what you're getting at. 

It is not at all unnecessary, more energy is always better.

Would you say no to more money? At least I don't think so.

16 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

If anything, the game needs to shrink the ease of energy regeneration

Nope. I don't wanna go there again, just no.

I'm also okay with how fun it is to have like, Zenurik Wellspring and 75% efficiency, and being able to nearly infinitely cast Tidal Surge (with the Augment) consecutively. But yeah, I can already do that. Definitely don't need more energy regen overall.

It IS fun, yea.

But you forgot to consider the low ability-efficiency builds of some Warframes.

You can do that because you're using the same 75% efficiency build strategy into Steel Path content? I honestly don't have a clue.

Some Warframes have builds that require High strength, Low efficiency to work on the "Hard" content at critical moments.

I can already see myself slowly derailing from the main focus of this post, so I'm just gonna stop myself here.

HOWEVER. I do think, as a QoL thing, that it'd be nice for there to be a small amount of passive energy regeneration, like a single Energy Siphon's worth. It's not fast. But at the very least, if you're just mucking about in an Open World, or are combing a normal tileset for Medallions, Caches, or other treasures, you'd eventually get back up to max without having to have intentionally (or accidentally) doing something like picking up Energy Orbs to have gotten back up to max energy for your next engagement. Ninjas should be able to hit and run, after all.

Now, may you reiterate that again while surrounded and cornered under heavy fire from enemies that can one-shot you without shield gating and without enough energy to cast CC/Survival abilities to "hit and run" while waiting for your Zenurik Wellspring and Energy Siphon to regen enough energy to do so?

That's the whole reason (almost I think) Arcane Energize was even a thing in the first place.

There's too many factors to list here. So I will stop here.

Im eager to see your further opinion.

you realise they recently added archon shards to the game yeah? the ones that can, without tau forged, increase energy orb return by 50% per yellow? just put 5 of those on a frame and you get 175 from a regular 50 orb. ontop of energize existing, how much more energy could you possibly need lol

i already started removing some energizes and flows in favor of 2 yellow+2 blue, freeing up arcana slots that can be filled with much better mods and arcanas (like heat/toxic immunity on squishy frames against those stupid new arson eximus in steel path, or high weapon damage/fire rate/ ability strength molt ones)

40 minutes ago, RogueSyndiva said:

It is not at all unnecessary, more energy is always better.

Would you say no to more money? At least I don't think so.

More energy just decreases how special energy is. DE just revamped Ammo so that Ammo Conversion mods didn't equate to infinite free ammo that you never have to be concerned about, because they realized that was a problem.

You might not want to beg for more energy, lest you get DE to look too closely at the energy economy in the game and decide to nerf it like they nerfed Ammo for AoE weapons.

29 minutes ago, RogueSyndiva said:

Nope. I don't wanna go there again, just no.

You're opening up the can of worms by talking about whether there should be more energy, ya gotta be ready for people to disagree, lol. A lack of easily/freely gotten energy is what makes energy-self-sufficient Warframes or builds or tools valuable.

I'm personally just of the opinion that there's a bit too much in the way of too-effective options, AND that the sheer efficacy of many Warframe abilities more or less demands that you opt into using them, or else you're nerfing yourself. And then you run into the question of "how much is too much, or is too much just meaning more spamming and easier/faster victory?".

3 minutes ago, iHaku said:

you realise they recently added archon shards to the game yeah? the ones that can, without tau forged, increase energy orb return by 50% per yellow? just put 5 of those on a frame and you get 175 from a regular 50 orb. ontop of energize existing, how much more energy could you possibly need lol

i already started removing some energizes and flows in favor of 2 yellow+2 blue, freeing up arcana slots that can be filled with much better mods and arcanas (like heat/toxic immunity on squishy frames against those stupid new arson eximus in steel path, or high weapon damage/fire rate/ ability strength molt ones)

Oh this is a great point, lol. They just added more options. It almost makes me feel like, the same way you can only equip one outright attack speed mod or critical chance mod on weapons now, that DE should honestly make it so that different energy regen options don't really stack. Either by making them not redundantly equippable, or by making them put cooldowns on each other, so you're not doubling up on various different methods, so that you're encouraged to choose one and stick with that.

Would definitely make casting abilities feel more rare, special, and valuable.

I would in that case definitely want that passive universal Energy Siphon recovery rate in that case though. And if they make things mutually exclusive, they could buff them, so that you can replace your 2-4 options with just 1 or 2 for the same efficacy, so that they're supporting more diverse modding/configurations than "spam energy" ones, while not significantly adversely affecting our gameplay or efficiency.

50 minutes ago, RogueSyndiva said:

Now, may you reiterate that again while surrounded and cornered under heavy fire from enemies that can one-shot you without shield gating and without enough energy to cast CC/Survival abilities to "hit and run" while waiting for your Zenurik Wellspring and Energy Siphon to regen enough energy to do so?

I mean I already do that with just Wellspring without an Energy Siphon. But also I provided you with my most notable use case for that. Ensuring you're gradually topped up for more distinct and separated engagements. It'd also be a reward/aid to slow-and-steady stealth approaches so we can be more ninja-like if we so preferred, creeping slowly, letting our energy recover so we can use our Invisibility, or our Teleport, or our Navigator, etc etc etc. Or as mentioned, if you were doing something like slowly combing through an already cleared extermination map for syndicate medallions or whatnot, or even are just slowly taking it room by room, you'll be less reliant on getting energy orbs from enemies in order to nyoom to Extraction once you have completed your objectives. Or there's the "I Mach-Rushed or TidalSurged to the fishing/mining spot, spending some time there, and by the time I'm done I'll have enough energy to nyoom right back to extraction" use case on Open Worlds. Even if Archwings make that fairly redundant.

Anyways. Yeah. We just GOT MORE energy recovery bonuses available to us. And recently got another dual-stat option, Boreal's Hatred, running double duty on energy efficiency and shield capacity, which is nice for energy economy as well, on shield-y frames. We probably could do with less, or an overhaul/rework of energy.

But the last thing I think we need is to get explicitly more energy all the time.

43 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

DE should honestly make it so that different energy regen options don't really stack.

disagree. having multiple options we can invest in is good, especially if they come with the drawback of blocking things we could have done instead.

so far, we only really had energize. the aura doesnt even count since its so awefull (should definetly get a buff, auras in general should become stronger the fewer players are in the game imo, with the total strength still being higher in multiplayer).

Sure there's also vauban/nidus Spectrosiphon for team regen, but that needs a dedicated frame. there's also energy pads, but there's always the want to not rely on those.

as i pointed out, we now have an actual option to not use energize and flow, if we want to invest into the, for now, very scarce archon shards. in a year from now ill prolly have more than enough to not call them scarce anymore, but right now, thats what they are.

more options = better. if i wanna stack all energy sources in the game just to fuel my yareli 4 nuke build, then i should very much have the option to do so, since it comes at the cost of my defenses or mobility  or other possible stat gains. Warframe is a sandbox game. we need some semblance of balance, but if options are being too limited, the game instantly becomes a lot less fun and people will quit.

2 hours ago, iHaku said:

Thanks for pointing out a factor that I already know of but forgot to include inside this post.

You already expressed your opinion at the first Question Mark in this particular response of yours. You're welcome.

Also, you seem to be the kind of person to want to have a bit of everything but at the same time, not willing or brave enough to go all in on a certain aspect of things in order to achieve the full potential of the subject in question. (am I not right?)

Things aren't always Black and White, plus there's a lot more factors small and far in-between that you didn't fully considered when making your response. I wish the solution was that simple to begin with.

But I get your point, I do. (in thy name of Balance, Jack of All Trades)

Look down further, boy/girl. There's more. (It's more like a joke from me tbh)

Oh hey look, I know how to use subscript now. TIL.

1 hour ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

More energy just decreases how special energy is. DE just revamped Ammo so that Ammo Conversion mods didn't equate to infinite free ammo that you never have to be concerned about, because they realized that was a problem.

You might not want to beg for more energy, lest you get DE to look too closely at the energy economy in the game and decide to nerf it like they nerfed Ammo for AoE weapons.

That'd be a whole new level of stupidity if they do so.

1 hour ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

I mean I already do that with just Wellspring without an Energy Siphon. But also I provided you with my most notable use case for that. Ensuring you're gradually topped up for more distinct and separated engagements. It'd also be a reward/aid to slow-and-steady stealth approaches so we can be more ninja-like if we so preferred, creeping slowly, letting our energy recover so we can use our Invisibility, or our Teleport, or our Navigator, etc etc etc. Or as mentioned, if you were doing something like slowly combing through an already cleared extermination map for syndicate medallions or whatnot, or even are just slowly taking it room by room, you'll be less reliant on getting energy orbs from enemies in order to nyoom to Extraction once you have completed your objectives. Or there's the "I Mach-Rushed or TidalSurged to the fishing/mining spot, spending some time there, and by the time I'm done I'll have enough energy to nyoom right back to extraction" use case on Open Worlds. Even if Archwings make that fairly redundant.

So you want me to slow down. (Think I got the vibe jotted down)

Sorry, but......

Slow is not my style, I am speed. (and I need all the energy I can get in the process to do that. I'll admit that I'm energy-hungry 24/7)

(plus being slow is the worst thing u can do in this game and it's the bane of my existence both in-game and IRL and over 50.1% of the player-base would like to disagree with you in being slow)

P/S:  I would like to mention one thing the majority seems to love to gripe over. When you/me, the OP forgot to include something in your post, and people caught onto that.

They just start to hook onto that and overelaborate it for mundane reasons every, single, time. (I'm talking about you, iHaku)

You seriously think I didn't considered that (mainly the Amber Shards) when I'm making this post?

h0w DaRe U a$$UmE?!   ;(

gUEss i'LL JuST g0 f4RM d3M aMbER Sh4RDs tHeN^^^^

8 hours ago, iHaku said:

disagree. having multiple options we can invest in is good, especially if they come with the drawback of blocking things we could have done instead.

so far, we only really had energize. the aura doesnt even count since its so awefull (should definetly get a buff, auras in general should become stronger the fewer players are in the game imo, with the total strength still being higher in multiplayer).

Sure there's also vauban/nidus Spectrosiphon for team regen, but that needs a dedicated frame. there's also energy pads, but there's always the want to not rely on those.

as i pointed out, we now have an actual option to not use energize and flow, if we want to invest into the, for now, very scarce archon shards. in a year from now ill prolly have more than enough to not call them scarce anymore, but right now, thats what they are.

more options = better. if i wanna stack all energy sources in the game just to fuel my yareli 4 nuke build, then i should very much have the option to do so, since it comes at the cost of my defenses or mobility  or other possible stat gains. Warframe is a sandbox game. we need some semblance of balance, but if options are being too limited, the game instantly becomes a lot less fun and people will quit.

Fair enough.

And hard agree on rebalancing the Auras. With how severely expensive builds have gotten with Archon, Umbral, and Prime mods, I'd love it if at the very least, the least popular Auras got the Steel Charge quantity of Capacity-granting. And if that's not enough, to actually buff various auras that see far more limited usage and practicality. Like, a maximum of a cumulative 60% resistance to Toxin damage if all 4 Tenno use it? Really? Where Corrosive Projection results in 72% less Armor? Where EMP Aura will make literally all Corpus miss hitting you 60% of the time? Feels ever so slightly unbalanced considering how niche it is. Considering how Steel Charge gives you more Capacity in addition to cumulatively (with a 4-stack) giving you +240% more melee damage, over triple the output. Tripling your DPS output and fitting a more expensive mod into your build feels QUITE a bit more valuable than just reducing shields or armor, which feel more valuable than running 60% faster or taking 60% less toxin damage.

7 hours ago, RogueSyndiva said:

So you want me to slow down.

Nope. I love being fast too.

Just wish there were reasons to go slow instead, such as getting mission reward bonuses for setting off zero alarms, all kills being stealth kills, etc. For when we want to be stealthy. I know a bulk of people either go Loki or Wukong or Limbo or Ash, so that they can bypass lasers and/or otherwise be (in some cases visually) undetectable for Spy or Hostage missions. My thought and attention is shifting over to Ivara, who innately can't bullet jump or sprint without breaking Prowl. I know myself, and many others, don't embrace the slow and steady approach of Prowling around, because there's not really much of an explicit reward for doing so, we instead throw a Dashwire that makes us go way faster without breaking Prowl, or equip maneuver-boosting things so that we can roll around over and over again to be faster than the Prowl walking speed.

So ideally, imo, players should be rewarded for going to either extreme, whether they're trying to do a mission stealthily but fast, or perfectly stealthy, or as fast as possible without stealth. There could be completion-time bonuses on non-endless missions, and stealth bonuses in any that could be stealthed (which some mission types, or enemy AI and behaviors in general, could be reworked to allow), that players could equally Russian-stealth by flying through the level as a Saryn and Equinox combo, or with a Baruuk who just pulls a Jedi mind trick of de-alerting enemies while traversing levels at maximum speed. After all, going fast already rewards you more by simply allowing you to collect the end of mission reward in less time than the slow approach does. It'd be neat though, to see a player taking twice as long to get twice the rewards, because they did it exceedingly carefully enough that no enemy got alerted whatsoever, or they performed an otherwise pacifistic run entirely. Or for players who play super duper fast perfectly to get double the rewards.

Something like a default/universal Energy Siphon effect would just by its nature favor a slower and stealthier approach than an ability-spam blitzkrieg approach. Would still help the fast approach, just not nearly as much.
I'm not that attracted to the thought of reducing energy gain sources/rates, just wish that you didn't have this scenario where you might essentially just outright not have abilities at all, just because you built and chose things for everything but energy regeneration options. Although I suppose that's what an energy pizza is for. Will just add up after a while, and in some game modes are not an option.

9 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Fair enough.

And hard agree on rebalancing the Auras. With how severely expensive builds have gotten with Archon, Umbral, and Prime mods, I'd love it if at the very least, the least popular Auras got the Steel Charge quantity of Capacity-granting. And if that's not enough, to actually buff various auras that see far more limited usage and practicality. Like, a maximum of a cumulative 60% resistance to Toxin damage if all 4 Tenno use it? Really? Where Corrosive Projection results in 72% less Armor? Where EMP Aura will make literally all Corpus miss hitting you 60% of the time? Feels ever so slightly unbalanced considering how niche it is. Considering how Steel Charge gives you more Capacity in addition to cumulatively (with a 4-stack) giving you +240% more melee damage, over triple the output. Tripling your DPS output and fitting a more expensive mod into your build feels QUITE a bit more valuable than just reducing shields or armor, which feel more valuable than running 60% faster or taking 60% less toxin damage.

That is a spicy take, you must know this. DE doesn't really know what they're doing 51% of the time.

Nope. I love being fast too.

Just wish there were reasons to go slow instead, such as getting mission reward bonuses for setting off zero alarms, all kills being stealth kills, etc. For when we want to be stealthy. I know a bulk of people either go Loki or Wukong or Limbo or Ash, so that they can bypass lasers and/or otherwise be (in some cases visually) undetectable for Spy or Hostage missions. My thought and attention is shifting over to Ivara, who innately can't bullet jump or sprint without breaking Prowl. I know myself, and many others, don't embrace the slow and steady approach of Prowling around, because there's not really much of an explicit reward for doing so, we instead throw a Dashwire that makes us go way faster without breaking Prowl, or equip maneuver-boosting things so that we can roll around over and over again to be faster than the Prowl walking speed.

I know just the scenario for your playstyle, I've been doing it for weeks now. It's actually refreshing and fun like you said. But only for Spy and the scenario below:

Archon Hunt Mission 3 - Assassination

But even then, I still have to run a High Efficiency Mid Duration build for her to be able to do so comfortably. This is one of the situations where high efficiency is actually warranted.

Something like a default/universal Energy Siphon effect would just by its nature favor a slower and stealthier approach than an ability-spam blitzkrieg approach. Would still help the fast approach, just not nearly as much.
I'm not that attracted to the thought of reducing energy gain sources/rates, just wish that you didn't have this scenario where you might essentially just outright not have abilities at all, just because you built and chose things for everything but energy regeneration options. Although I suppose that's what an energy pizza is for. Will just add up after a while, and in some game modes are not an option.

But Energy Siphon regen rate is too slow even with 4 players. You may as well go Zenurik Wellspring instead or Limbo for that passive energy regen.

Believe me, reducing energy gain sources/rates is the worst possible way to balance energy gain.

Dem pizzas are expensive tho, I like what they do, but the cost to craft them in bulks (10x most of the time) isn't really worth it when you have Amber Shards (this time I remembered to include it) to make up for it.

You may not believe me, but I have actually only used like less than 30 of these energy pizzas in 6 years of my total playtime.

13 hours ago, RogueSyndiva said:

You may not believe me, but I have actually only used like less than 30 of these energy pizzas in 6 years of my total playtime.

I believe you, it's been the exceedingly rare time that I happened to more or less accidentally end up with a build that has literally no energy regen, or only the SLOWEST of regen, and then got all of my energy-expenditures nuked by a disruption target, Acolyte, nullifying, etc, that I remember I have a pizza to make up for the zero'd out energy and abilities.

13 hours ago, RogueSyndiva said:

But Energy Siphon regen rate is too slow even with 4 players.

If it's too slow even with 4 players, then I'd argue that maybe the universal should be as strong as 2-4 player's Energy Siphons currently, and that Energy Siphon itself could use a slight buff. imo something is better than nothing, and having something universally can at least make players begin to consider working with the absence of the more intentional options, or not suffer if the option is taken away from them in some manner, such as everyone's AoE stealing Harrow's kills before he can regenerate his own energy. Skill issue if you let that happen to you, arguably, but still. And for those for whom its redundant, it'd still feel nice. Could make people consider switching off of actual Energy Siphon to instead do something else that hasn't been gifted to them passively.

On another note, if all of the Ammo Recovery and Amps for the Primaries are now exactly the same except for flavor, I think they should consider bundling those like, 8 or whatever Auras into just 2, lol. Less clutter, more squad-wide Aura synergy. OR combine the ammo recovery and damage amps. Cuz it just feels silly and defeating the purpose of Auras for them to commonly be inapplicable to 50% or more of your squad-mates.

8 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

If it's too slow even with 4 players, then I'd argue that maybe the universal should be as strong as 2-4 player's Energy Siphons currently, and that Energy Siphon itself could use a slight buff. imo something is better than nothing, and having something universally can at least make players begin to consider working with the absence of the more intentional options, or not suffer if the option is taken away from them in some manner, such as everyone's AoE stealing Harrow's kills before he can regenerate his own energy. Skill issue if you let that happen to you, arguably, but still. And for those for whom its redundant, it'd still feel nice. Could make people consider switching off of actual Energy Siphon to instead do something else that hasn't been gifted to them passively.

Make energy siphon regen like 2 energy/sec for 1 person with it equipped ; 8 energy regen/sec if all 4 players. equipped it.

That'd be enough to encourage player to run other Focus Schools other than Zenurik. Like Vazarin which is a life saver in Steel Path. Or Unairu to force strip Armor off of VIP target.

That'd be so much better. More diversity in a good way.

On another note, if all of the Ammo Recovery and Amps for the Primaries are now exactly the same except for flavor, I think they should consider bundling those like, 8 or whatever Auras into just 2, lol. Less clutter, more squad-wide Aura synergy. OR combine the ammo recovery and damage amps. Cuz it just feels silly and defeating the purpose of Auras for them to commonly be inapplicable to 50% or more of your squad-mates.

Like "Primary Amp", "Primary Ammo Recovery" etc. I can only wish it'd happen one day. Unlikely, but still.

12 hours ago, RogueSyndiva said:

Make energy siphon regen like 2 energy/sec for 1 person with it equipped ; 8 energy regen/sec if all 4 players. equipped it.

That'd be enough to encourage player to run other Focus Schools other than Zenurik. Like Vazarin which is a life saver in Steel Path. Or Unairu to force strip Armor off of VIP target.

That'd be so much better. More diversity in a good way.

ye

Like "Primary Amp", "Primary Ammo Recovery" etc. I can only wish it'd happen one day. Unlikely, but still.

Spoiler

Yeah my problem, again, is just how split up they are. Sniper, Rifle, Pistol, and Shotgun. Sure, maybe Pistols, since everybody sensible has one equipped, can stay split up between Amp and Ammo Recovery. I can picture Dispensary builds with Pistol Amp, or Wisps using the ammo one to make up for the increased drain. But with the Sniper Amp, Sniper Ammo Recovery, Rifle Amp and Ammo, Shotgun Amp and Ammo, you have 6 auras. So essentially, you're first gambling on whether the weapon is applicable to you at all, with an an average of 33% chance of that. And then it's a 50:50 tossup whether you were fine on damage but would have appreciated more ammo, or if you were fine on damage but would have appreciated more ammo. You only have 3 rolls for a 1 in 6 chance that your squadmates will have the applicable Primary Aura Mod equipped that your build would most appreciate, and that's only if you're ignoring the Pistol auras and literally every other aura.

Every other Aura, if the wielder chose one not blatantly wrong for the mission (Infested Impedance on non-infested faction's missions), and if the beneficiaries didn't actively choose uncommon things that made it 100% redundant (like de-quipping pistols/companions/melee, certain Warframe builds capping out on Aerial DR and needing no more, Speed Nova builds or flex ones disliking other Power Donations, etc), they'll consistently either passively benefit from, or be able to actively benefit from, or are granted further contingencies in benefits from, EVERY other Aura. Except for those 6 that are total tossups every mission for every Tenno.

Now I'm sure you could statistically determine which one is most consistently desired by the largest majority, if most people use "Rifles" and if most of them want more "Damage" instead of ammo, it'd be a safer bet.

I'd take weaker "Primary Ammo Pickup" auras in a heartbeat, if only so that if I was consistently using low-ammo primaries of different categories, that I wouldn't have to switch between the three auras. I'd take the nerf.

And ditto for the damage.

No. Way too much. I run several caster frames without zenurik, no problem. No archon shards.

Archived