Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I get out without losing stuff

Sprigatito420

Question

I want to leave bounties in open-world areas without losing stuff like pickups. I've learned that 'abandon' is bad, but failing the bounty lets me go. Though, I have been stuck in Terralyst hunts until daytime because it's the only way to fail the bounty. Reasons to leave including bugs, no squad members, not enough time etc. Is there a safe way out?

10 answers to this question

You can literally just exist any oipen-world area the way you enter and keep all your stuff. Anytime you leave an open-world area just go back to the big doors at the entrance and enter the room/elevator. That'll take you back to the corresponding hub area with no loot loss.

7 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

You can always leave your group and enter the gate into Cetus.

Except when I was left on Orb Vallis after an hour running Thermia Fissions, returning to Fortuna said; Mission Failed and I lost everything so this is very much not correct. Even if you try exiting with an active Bounty stage it will say Mission Failed and you will lose everything. The only safe way out is to start the Bounty phase then run until you see- "Abandoning objective in 00:10" or to that effect and let this expire. The Bounty will fail but you can safely leave via the normal means retaining all loot obtained.

7 hours ago, Xeno90210 said:

You can literally just exist any oipen-world area the way you enter and keep all your stuff. Anytime you leave an open-world area just go back to the big doors at the entrance and enter the room/elevator. That'll take you back to the corresponding hub area with no loot loss.

Except it does take all earnings if there is an active Bounty phase and you have the Abandoning objective timer still active. Host migration issues too if fellow Tenno leave before you as I learned running a Thermia Fracture once. The team left gradually leaving two of us, my teammate had to head to bed so I stayed for a little until the migration completed and then saw on entering Fortuna's lift- Mission Failed and I lost almost two hours of work.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

It told me I lost everything... still good to know that Bounty rewards are always locked in ty

In that regard, usual display glitch. I have had it say everything is lost, including bounty rewards, checked my inventory, had the actual bounty rewards deposited.

Quick vid showing it keeps at least the bounty (lol it kind of just cuts off at the end, but ya see the Aya and Endo);

Archived