Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tuu - Of the Wrathful Facade (Polynesian/Maori themed warframe)

(XBOX)DisarrayRae

(Note: I find Polynesian, particularly Maori, culture and mythos to be quite interesting. I'm surprised we haven't got a frame based on it yet.)

NameTuu

Sex: Male

Health: 300 (900 at R30)

Shields: 25 (75 at R30)

Armour: 500 (750 at R30)

Energy0

Sprint Speed: 1

Polarities:

Aura: Madurai

Exilus: None

Innate: Madurai, Vazarin

Themes: Polynesian, Maori, Tribal, Warrior

Progenitor: Heat

Description:

Behold Tuu, of the wrathful facade. A warframe hailed as the harbinger of conflict. But believe it or not, traders and travellers believe him to be a symbol of worship. They would pray to Tuu for safe travels and peaceful trade. Whichever way you see him, he is still a force to be reckoned with.

Passive: 

Mana

Tuu does not use conventional energy, instead he channels an archaic and spiritual energy called "mana". Which is gained from engaging enemies in melee combat. Mana fuels Tuu's abilities, and grants increased crit chance to his melee weaponry.

• Mana is gained passively from enemy presence. Each enemy within 8 metres of Tuu will generate 2 mana per second, which caps at 20 mana per second if there are more than 10 enemies within the vicinity.
  • Tuu can store up to 100 mana. Mana levels are displayed on the Mana Gauge.
  • Max mana is not affected by mods.
  • Kills from melee weaponry grants a burst of 20 mana.
  • Kills from abilities don't grant mana. With the exception of exalted weapons
  • If out of combat for longer than 8 seconds, mana drains completely
  • Crit chance bonus is affected by mana levels. Which caps 300% additive melee crit chance.
    • Crit bonus applies to Tuu's exalted weapon.
  • Mana will drain slowly if Tuu gets caught in a Nullifier bubble.
  • Nullifier bubbles also prevent mana generation.
  • Helminth abilities infused into Tuu will cost 20 mana regardless of the ability's original energy cost.

Restlessness

Tuu's fighting spirit is strong, too strong in fact. When he isn't in combat, Tuu becomes restless and will move quicker in hopes he can find a worthy opponent.

• When out of combat, Tuu is granted the following mobility bonuses:
    • +30% walk and sprint speed
    • +30% slide speed
    • -30% friction
    • +20% bullet jump speed and distance
    • +20% roll speed and distance
  • Bonuses stack additively with mods.

Since Tuu doesn't utilize energy, energy orbs will instead give Tuu shields.

• Shield gain extends to overshields.
  • Any means of additional energy gain will not grant additional shields. This rule is applied to means such as:
    • Grendel's Nourish
    • Amber archon shards
    • Energizing shot
    • Arcane Energize
  • Shield gain only applies to energy orbs and universal orbs, any other methods of energy gain will not grant shields. This includes:
    • Zenurik's Wellspring
    • Harrow's Thurible
    • Energy pizzas
    • Styanax's Rally Point
    • Arcane Energize's radial pulse
    • Rage and Hunter's Adrenaline

Abilities:

Ability 1: Taiaha (10 mana)

Tuu summons his exalted Taiaha (polearm) Whawhai

• Taiaha only costs 10 mana to cast, and is not channelled.
  • Taiaha also disarms enemies on cast. Tapping the ability will trigger additional disarms which cost 10 mana each.
  • Disarm has a range of 15 metres, affected by ability range.
  • Whilst the ability is active, Tuu's theat level increases.
  • Threat level increase doesn't drain mana, but will deactivate when the ability is cancelled or mana runs out.
  • Mana cost is affected by ability efficiency.
  • Base damage of Whawhai is affected by ability strength.
  • Even though Taiaha is not a channelled ability, if Tuu runs out of mana, the ability is cancelled.
  • The ability can be cancelled by holding the ability button.

Whawhai (Polearm)

Deliver the wrath of Tuu with his exalted Taiaha.

• Has access to the exclusive stance called "Tuu's wrath".
  • Classified as a polearm.
  • Deals primarily slash damage, with some puncture and a bit of impact
  • 20% crit chance
  • 3x crit multiplier
  • 20% status chance
  • Has infinite combo duration.
  • Kills with heavy attacks shatter the mana of the slain enemy. The enemy's shattered mana causes mana shrapnels to fly toward nearby enemies within 10 metres. Shrapnels deal damage equal to 50% of the damage dealt onto the initial enemy.
    • Shrapnels deal slash damage, and guarantee a slash proc.
  • Finisher kills have innate life-steal.

Ability 2: Spiritfall (20 mana)(Helminth)(Tactical)

Tuu harnesses his mana and stomps the ground with incredible force. Enemies tumble and are pulled into Tuu's melee range.

• Enemies affected by spiritfall will get knocked down and are afflicted with the knockdown status effect.
  • Deals a small amount of impact damage. Dictated by ability strength.
  • Along with knockdown, enemies are pulled towards Tuu.
  • 15 metre base range. Affected by ability range.
  • Subsequent casts within a small time window increases the range of the next Spiritfall by 3 metres. Which caps at 9 metres, or 4 subsequent casts.
  • Knockdown effect does not require line-of-sight, but the pull does.
  • Cast speed is affected by cast speed bonuses such as Natural Talent, amber archon shards, and Tuu's 4th ability.
  • Helminth version will require 50 energy to cast.
  • Helminth version does not gain increased range from subsequent casts.
  • Helminth version still has 15 metres of range.

Ability 3: Battle Cry (30 mana)

Tuu lets out a harrowing battle cry which causes enemies to freeze in fear and lower their defences.

• Upon cast, enemies begin to cower and have their armour reduced.
  • Strips 50% enemy armour at base. Affected by ability strength.
  • Casting the ability alerts enemies
  • 20 metre base range.
  • Possesses a unique mechanic called cower. An effect akin to Nekros' Terrify, blind effects, and shock procs.
    • Enemies stand in place and enter an animation similar to the stun animation of a shock proc
    • Duration of the cower animation is affected by ability duration.
    • Enemies who are cowering are open to finishers.
    • Does not count as a status effect.
  • Cower only applies to enemies within direct line-of-sight. Enemies not in direct LOS will instead walk cautiously towards the source of the Battle Cry.
  • If enemies not in LOS were sprinting prior to cast, they will stop sprinting and start walking.
  • Armour reduction does not require line-of-sight.
  • Cast speed is affected by cast speed bonuses such as Natural Talent, amber archon shards, and Tuu's 4th ability.

Ability 4: Te Riri (At leastt 50 mana)

In the heat of battle, morale is one of the most important steps to victory. Tuu performs his signature warrior dance which boosts the fighting spirits of nearby allies and himself.

• Casting Te Riri will completely drain mana, but requires at least 50 mana to activate.
    • Minimum mana cost is not affected by ability efficiency.
  • Upon activation, a tribal horn will play signalling the beginning of Tuu's dance. The horn causes nearby enemies to become alerted.
  • Once the horn finishes, Tuu will get into position and begin to dance.
  • The ability can be divided into 2 phases, the haka phase and the battle phase.
  • During the haka phase, a prompt will appear. This prompt requires the player to press certain inputs to the beat of Tuu's dance (haka).
    • Reminiscent of DK's Konga Beat from Super Smash Bros.
    • Tuu is immobile during this phase, but he is granted invulnerability.
    • Every 4 successful and consecutive beats, Tuu will either stomp, yell, or bang his chest. Each producing some sort of effect.
    • Stomping and chest banging will knockdown enemies, and yelling stuns them in place.
    • The haka phase composes of 20 beats and successfully performing all 20 beats will grant the buff's max bonus.
    • This phase lasts for however long the 20 beats last. Thus, this phase is not affected by ability duration.
    • Failing a beat will lower the potency of the ability's buffs.
    • Once this phase ends, the ability enters a 60 second cooldown. However, the battle phase offers a way to bypass this cooldown.
  • During the battle phase, the buffs are applied to Tuu and nearby allies.
    • Grants Tuu and allies near him increased melee damage and armour.
    • The strength of the buffs rely on how well the player performed during the haka phase.
    • The base and max potency of these buffs are affected by ability strength.
    • This phase has a base duration of 10 seconds. Which is affected by ability duration.
    • Each melee kill gives 2 seconds of additional ability duration. Which caps at 50 additional seconds.
      • Added duration is affected by ability duration, but that cap isn't.
      • This means that so long as Tuu can efficiently kill enemies, he can ignore the ability's cooldown.
    • Allies under Te Riri's effect also grant 2 additional seconds on kill, if and only if they kill with a melee weapon.
  • Base range of 25 metres.
  • Is not affected by casting speed bonuses like Natural Talent or amber archon shards.
  • Allies with Te Riri's buffs will not lose them when they enter a Nullifier bubble. They only lose the buffs if Tuu enters the bubble.
  • If Tuu gets caught in a Nullifier bubble during the haka phase, the ability is cancelled. However it will not enter cooldown, because the cooldown only starts at the end of the haka phase.

Augments (Purchasable from New Loka and the Arbiters of Hexis)

Defensive Patu (Patu)

Patu will now drain shield on cast instead of mana.

• Shields will be completely drained regardless of how much Tuu initially had.
  • Triggers shield-gating.
  • Allows Patu to fully benefit from the 300% crit chance bonus from Tuu's passive.
  • Only drains shields once. Shields will begin to generate shortly after casting.

Spiritstrike (Spiritfall)

Each enemy hit by Spiritfall will grant 5 combo.

• Enemies affected by Spiritfall will add 5 combo to the combo counter.
  • Combo gain is not affected by mods.

Bounteous Cry (Battle Cry)

Cowering enemies affected by Battle Cry drop additional loot.

• 100% chance for cowering enemies to drop additional loot.
  • Only applies to cowering enemies, aka enemies within line-of-site. Enemies not within LOS will not drop additional loot.
  • Stacks with abilities that loot whilst alive, but does not stack with other loot on death abilities.
  • Increases the likelihood of energy orbs, which synergizes well with the other half of Tuu's passive.

I was skeptical when I read the part about "energy meter 2.0". Was sort of ho-hum with the first three abilities, didn't get the impression that a special Mana meter makes any meaningful difference for them. Then I lost interest as soon as I got to the part about an immobile 4.

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

I was skeptical when I read the part about "energy meter 2.0". Was sort of ho-hum with the first three abilities, didn't get the impression that a special Mana meter makes any meaningful difference for them. Then I lost interest as soon as I got to the part about an immobile 4.

I appreciate the feedback.

I originally wanted Tuu to use convetional energy, but it just didn't seem to align with his concept. Being a frame who is fuelled by conflict and fighting spirit, having his abilities rely on sci-fi energy that can be gained just by placing down a pizza just doesn't fit his design.

I wanted Tuu's method of energy gain and use to be unique and align with his theme. Mana is gained solely from kills and assists, unlike energy which is gained virtually everywhere. This idea that Tuu gains energy solely from fighting aligns with his theme quite well, being based on the Maori god of war. Melee kills granting more mana is also based on the belief in Maori culture that ranged attacks are dishonourable and frowned upon. In fact, I wanted ranged kills to not grant mana at all, but it seemed sort of unfair and players would probably hate him for it.

The mana metre isn't meant to grant any sort of special benefit to his powers, it's mainly for theming. The same can be said to any frame that doesn't use energy. For example Hildryn uses shields as energy. Was it really necessary to have her abilities drain solely from her shields? No. Does it align with her theme of being a super-tank attack helicopter goddess? Yes! Yes it does! This can also be said to frames like Lavos, and maybe Garuda. 

As for his 4, immobile 4s aren't a new concept. Banshee's Sound Quake exists. Unlike Sound Quake which is a CC power, Te Mura is a support/debuff power with a bit of CC on the side. Because it grants so much benefits, I wanted to give it the hinderance of not allowing Tuu to benefit much from this power. The dance effects only trigger as Tuu is dancing, the spectres disappear when his 4 ends, and he only gets 10 seconds to benefit from the buffs. I also wanted to introduce this new concept of interactive powers that require players to perform certain actions other than pressing the ability button. Mainly because I love DK's Konga Beat!

41 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

Isn't Grendel kind of close?

I like the idea though because it brings Bionicle into my mind since those were inspired by Maori culture and are "biomechanical" kind of like Warframes.

He sort of gives Maori/Polynesian vibes, being very big and jolly. But it isn't enough to say he is Maori/Polynesian themed.

Also, I've never watched Bionicle. I've heard of it, but I never realised it was based on Maori culture despite how obvious it was. Thanks for making that connection!

i gotta say your idea is a really good take on the "melee frame" concepts that have been around for awhile now...

i think the mana bar is savage tbh... but id do it abit different... ill input if you dont mind :)

so what if Tuu's "mana" or battle spirit, was directly tied to enemy proximity.... wait for it.... 

with no enemies around, Tuu's mana is empty, and he has no access to his abilities at all.

as he closes in on an enemy, he gains "mana per second", increased rate right up 0 melee range. and multiplied by number of enemies in proximity.

(this would also scale up a unique damage multiplier... that would be like per-enemy-in-proximity-multishot... but for his melee abilities..

he could have +30% movement speed out of combat which scales down to 0% with proximity, to gap close better.

and up to +30% attack speed and -15% friction (and maybe even some %chance to dodge) in close proximity with enemies... which scales to 0% out of melee combat

i do like how you suggested every attack feeds the mana bar...

but still, i think if it was based off "big ballsy bravery" it would make his playstyle more unique...

as we already have attack fed mechanics, like bloodrush, weeping wounds etc...

i think he'd stand out more if the "melee aspects" of his kit weren't related to melee modding too much, apart from his exalted weapon....

lmk your opinion on my suggestion :)

6 hours ago, (XBOX)O37GEKKO said:

i gotta say your idea is a really good take on the "melee frame" concepts that have been around for awhile now...

i think the mana bar is savage tbh... but id do it abit different... ill input if you dont mind :)

so what if Tuu's "mana" or battle spirit, was directly tied to enemy proximity.... wait for it.... 

with no enemies around, Tuu's mana is empty, and he has no access to his abilities at all.

as he closes in on an enemy, he gains "mana per second", increased rate right up 0 melee range. and multiplied by number of enemies in proximity.

(this would also scale up a unique damage multiplier... that would be like per-enemy-in-proximity-multishot... but for his melee abilities..

he could have +30% movement speed out of combat which scales down to 0% with proximity, to gap close better.

and up to +30% attack speed and -15% friction (and maybe even some %chance to dodge) in close proximity with enemies... which scales to 0% out of melee combat

i do like how you suggested every attack feeds the mana bar...

but still, i think if it was based off "big ballsy bravery" it would make his playstyle more unique...

as we already have attack fed mechanics, like bloodrush, weeping wounds etc...

i think he'd stand out more if the "melee aspects" of his kit weren't related to melee modding too much, apart from his exalted weapon....

lmk your opinion on my suggestion :)

I love the suggestion, very cool!

I was actually in the middle of making another frame concept, but then it struck me that Tuu might need a minor rework, especially regarding his mana. The mechanic of gaining mana from enemy proximity is a neat idea and I'll definitely keep that in mind when reworking him. I do agree that his kit needs to cater more towards "big ballsy bravery" because Maori warfare is all about courage and risk taking, which aligns with his theme. I also like your idea of Tuu's mobility increasing when out of combat. It would definitely benefit him in a team setting where allies can easily prevent Tuu from getting kills. That I would definitely try and implement.

Anyways, nice suggestions. Feedback is always welcome, thanks!

Tu meke. Really impressive. 

I am not Maori, but I am Polynesian, and where I live, its mandatory to know a little bit about Maori culture and language, I am really impressed with your integration of Maori ideas and concepts into Warframe ideas, abilities and so on. Its very well researched. I don't have much else to add though sorry, just stumbled across this the other day. 

From a Warframe perspective, they seem like they would be really fun too. Their abilities synergise well, I'd probably really like using Spiritfall. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Tu meke. Really impressive. 

I am not Maori, but I am Polynesian, and where I live, its mandatory to know a little bit about Maori culture and language, I am really impressed with your integration of Maori ideas and concepts into Warframe ideas, abilities and so on. Its very well researched. I don't have much else to add though sorry, just stumbled across this the other day. 

From a Warframe perspective, they seem like they would be really fun too. Their abilities synergise well, I'd probably really like using Spiritfall. 

Hehe thank you so much!

I did do extensive research on Maori culture and mythology. And some aspects are based on stuff I learnt in my Te Reo class.

I predicted that Spiritfall will be a player favourite. It would especially appeal to players who main melee based frames such as Valkyr. 

On 2022-12-08 at 8:55 PM, (XBOX)DisarrayRae said:

Passive: Mana

Tuu does not use conventional energy, instead he channels an archaic and spiritual energy called "mana". Which is gained from slaying enemies. Mana fuels Tuu's abilities, and grants increased crit chance which is doubled for melee weapons.

• Mana is gained from slaying enemies. The amount of mana gained is fixed and is not affected by mods.
  • Tuu can store up to 100 mana. Mana levels are displayed on the Mana Gauge.
    • Max mana is not affected by mods.
  • Kills from weaponry generate mana. Melee kills grant double the amount of mana.
  • Kills from abilities don't grant mana. This extends to exalted weapons.
  • Kills from allied spectres will not grant mana.
  • Kill assists grant a small amount of mana regardless of how allies kill the enemy.
    • Even if allies kill with abilities, so long as Tuu assisted the kill, it will grant mana.
    • Kill assists from Tuu's damaging abilities will grant mana.
    • Assisting spectre kills will grant mana.
  • Kills normally grant 5 mana. Melee kills grant 10 mana. Kill assists grant 1 mana.
  • If no mana is gained or used after 20 seconds, mana levels will begin to decay.
    • The mana decay is gradual and will increase the longer mana is unused or not gained.
  • Mana also grants Tuu additional crit chance to his weaponry. The bonus is doubled for melee weapons. 
    • This bonus applies to Tuu's exalted weapon as well.
  • Crit chance bonus is affected by mana levels. Which caps at 150% crit chance at full mana. This is doubled for melee weapons, granting 300% crit chance.

Since Tuu doesn't utilize energy, energy orbs will instead give Tuu shields.

• Shield gain extends to overshields.
  • Any means of additional energy gain will not grant additional shields. This rule is applied to means such as:
    • Grendel's Nourish
    • Amber archon shards
    • Energizing shot
    • Arcane Energize
  • Shield gain only applies to energy orbs and universal orbs, any other methods of energy gain will not grant shields. This includes:
    • Zenurik's Wellspring
    • Harrow's Thurible
    • Energy pizzas
    • Styanax's Rally Point
    • Arcane Energize's radial pulse
    • Rage and Hunter's Adrenaline
  • Mana will drain if Tuu gets caught in a Nullifier bubble.
  • Helminth abilities infused into Tuu will cost 15 mana, regardless of the infused ability's original energy cost.

Abilities:

Ability 1: Patu (5 mana)

Tuu summons his exalted patu (club) Whawhai.

• Patu only costs 5 mana to cast, and is not channelled.
  • Kills from Whawhai does not use mana, nor does it gain mana.
  • Whawhai benefits from the crit bonus given by Tuu's mana levels.
  • Base damage of Whawhai is affected by ability strength.

Whawhai (Machete)

Deliver the wrath of Tuu with this exalted club (machete).

• Despite being referred to as a club. Whawhai is classified as a machete.
  • Has an exclusive stance called "Tuu's wrath".
  • Deals primarily impact damage along with a smidgen of slash.
  • 20% crit chance
  • 3x crit multiplier
  • 20% status chance
  • Has infinite combo duration.
  • Kills with heavy attacks shatter the mana of the slain enemy. The enemy's shattered mana causes mana shrapnels to fly toward nearby enemies within 10 metres. Shrapnels make enemies more vulnerable to damage, especially melee damage.
    • Shrapnels deal a small amount of slash damage.
    • Shrapnel damage is not affected by mods, stealth bonuses, nor combo multipliers.
    • Enemies hit by shrapnels are 1.5x vulnerable to damage. This increases to 2x for melee damage.
    • Damage vulnerability is not affected by mods.
  • Finisher kills have innate life-steal.

Ability 2: Spiritfall (10 mana)(Helminth)

Tuu harnesses his mana and stomps the ground with incredible force. Enemies tumble and are pulled into Tuu's melee range.

• Enemies affected by spiritfall will get knocked down and are afflicted with the knockdown status effect.
  • Deals a small amount of impact damage. Dictated by ability strength.
  • Along with knockdown, enemies are pulled towards Tuu.
  • 15 metre base range. Affected by ability range.
  • Knockdown effect does not require line-of-sight, but the pull does.
  • Helminth version will require 50 energy to cast.
  • No helminth penalty.

Ability 3: Battle Cry (10 mana)

Tuu lets out a harrowing battle cry which causes enemies to freeze in fear and lower their defences.

• Upon cast, enemies begin to cower and have their armour reduced.
  • Strips 50% enemy armour at base. Affected by ability strength.
  • Casting the ability alerts enemies
  • 20 metre base range.
  • Possesses a unique mechanic called cower. An effect akin to Nekros' Terrify, blind effects, and shock procs.
    • Enemies stand in place and enter an animation similar to the stun animation of a shock proc
    • Duration of the cower animation is affected by ability duration.
    • Enemies who are cowering are open to finishers.
    • Does not count as a status effect.
  • Cower only applies to enemies within direct line-of-sight. Enemies not in direct LOS will instead walk cautiously towards the source of the Battle Cry.
  • If enemies not in LOS were sprinting prior to cast, they will stop sprinting and start walking.
  • Armour reduction does not require line-of-sight.

Ability 4: Te Mura (20 mana)

In the heat of battle, morale is one of the most important steps to victory. Tuu performs his signature warrior dance which boosts the fighting spirit of nearby allies, whilst diminishing the spirits of enemies. Tuu also manifests his own fighting spirit into physical form which fights alongside him.

• Upon activation, a tribal horn will play signalling the beginning of Tuu's dance. The horn causes nearby enemies to become alerted.
  • Once the horn finishes, Tuu will get into position and begin to dance.
  • During the ability's entirety, Tuu is immobile. But he is granted status immunity and receives 50% less damage.
  • Once the dance begins, a prompt will appear. This prompt requires players to press certain inputs to the beat of Tuu's dance.
    • Reminiscent of DK's Konga Beat from Super Smash Bros.
    • Every 4 successful and consecutive beats, Tuu will either stomp, yell, or bang his chest.
  • Stomping will knockdown enemies. Yelling reduces enemy armour. And chest banging releases a heatwave dealing heat damage, and guarantees a heat proc.
  • Grants Tuu and his allies increased damage, action speed, and armour.
    • These bonuses persist for 10 seconds after the ability ends. This allows Tuu to take advantage of these bonuses. This duration is affected by ability duration.
    • Damage and armour buffs are affected by ability strength.
    • Grants 50% action speed bonus, which is not affected by mods.
    • Action speed bonus applies to mobility, reload speed, casting speed, and attack speed.
    • Damage increase applies to weaponry, which is doubled for melee weapons.
  • Buffs begin at minimum potency which gradually increases with every successful beat.
    • Failing a beat will decrease buff potency.
    • Buffs reach max potency at 20 successful and consecutive beats.
  • Minimum and maximum buff strength is affected by ability strength.
  • Costs 20 mana to cast and will drain 2 mana per second.
    • Failing a beat will increase the mana drain.
    • Mana drain and cast cost is affected by ability efficiency.
    • Mana drain is affected by ability duration.
  • The yell applies 25% armour reduction and is affected by ability strength.
  • The damage of the heatwaves are affected by ability strength.
  • Tuu also summons 4 spectral manifestations of his fighting spirit to fight in his stead.
    • Spectres only have access to Whawhai.
    • The Whawhai wielded by the spectres will copy the mod configuration of Tuu's Whawhai.
    • Spectres cannot cast abilities.
    • Spectres do not possess health. They instead persist for as long as Tuu is dancing.
    • Unlike the bonuses. Spectres will not linger after ending the ability.
    • Spectres will not attack the same enemy. Unless there are less than 4 enemies present on the field.
    • The number of spectres are not affected by mods.
    • The number of spectres scale inversely on squad size. For each player present, Tuu's spectre count decreases by one. In a full squad, only one spectre can spawn.
    • Damage dealt by the spectres is not affected by mods.
    • Spectre's have increased aggro generation.
  • Te Mura is a channelled ability, and will prevent mana gain even from kill assists.
  • Has a range of 25 metres. Affected by ability range.
  • Does not require line-of-sight.
  • Is not affected by cast speed increases such as Natural Talent, amber archon shards, and previous instances of Te Mura.
  • The ability will end by either manual cancelation, complete mana drain, or nullification.

Did some minor changes to Tuu, call it a pseudo-rework. The quote above contains his kit prior to the changes.

Here are some notable changes:

• Mana can now be gained from enemy proximity.
  • Mana can no longer be generated from ranged weapon kills.
  • Melee kills grant a burst of 20 mana instead of 10.
  • Mana now completely drains if out of combat for 8 seconds.
  • Tuu now has incraesed mobility when out of combat.
  • Increased the mana cost of all abilities.
  • Changed the name of Patu to Taiaha.
  • Taiaha now disarms enemies on cast. Can cast additional disarms by tapping the ability key, which costs 10 mana.
  • Taiaha now increases Tuu's threat level.
  • Whawhai is now a polearm that does primarily slash damage.
  • Heavy attack mechanic of Whawhai now deals damage rather than grant damage vulnerability to enemies.
  • Spiritfall now gains increased range from subsequent casts within a small time window. Does not apply to helminth version.
  • Changed the name of Te Mura to Te Riri
  • Te Riri is no longer a channeled ability. Instead it drains mana completely, requiring a minimum of 50 mana to cast.
  • Te Riri is now split into two phases, the haka phase and battle phase.
  • Removed the movement speed buff of Te Riri.
  • Removed the heatwave and armour strip produced from certain dance moves.

Archived