The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Access from Orbiter

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

I see they added a "enter railjack" area near the operator doorway. I can't get to the configure console from this RJ  if you enter, then go to the exit portal it takes you back to the orbiter, not the drydock. There's also a RJ plexus (nearly useless teaser imo) next to navigation. This plexus has limited functionality. Why can't the plexus have all the functionality as in the drydock?

Is there an easy way to get to the "configure railjack" panel directly from the orbiter? 

The plexus and configure console could simply be combined.

As Lotus would say regarding the infested, "let's clean it up."

9 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I see they added a "enter railjack" area near the operator doorway. I can't get to the configure console from this RJ  if you enter, then go to the exit portal it takes you back to the orbiter, not the drydock. There's also a RJ plexus (nearly useless teaser imo) next to navigation. This plexus has limited functionality. Why can't the plexus have all the functionality as in the drydock?

Is there an easy way to get to the "configure railjack" panel directly from the orbiter? 

The plexus and configure console could simply be combined.

As Lotus would say regarding the infested, "let's clean it up."

You should be able to from your orbiter before entering the Railjack, the console to the left of navigation, and to the right of syndicates.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)MarineDawg said:

You should be able to from your orbiter before entering the Railjack, the console to the left of navigation, and to the right of syndicates.

That only lets you configure the Railjack's mods.   OP wants the whole menu where you can setup shields/turrets/engine/crew.   That is currently only possible from the dojo hangar, which means more unnecessary loading time travelling to the dojo.

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

if you enter, then go to the exit portal it takes you back to the orbiter, not the drydock.

You didn't load into dojo, why would you suddenly end up there?

As for complete RJ configuration on Orbiter - yes, they should implement it.

Here's the thing, 

It won't make sense.

So, the Railjack is canonically located on top of the orbiter and connected through a tube so you can get into the Railjack from the Orbiter and Vice-Versa. When you go to the dry-dock through any means possible, the Railjack is automatically transported to it. 

Think about it. A dry-dock is much more equipped to handle a whole Orokin-era ship (ngl looks Tenno designed) than a small console in your Landing Craft. How am I supposed to swap my turret weapons and my nose turrets through a small console in my ship (which bear in mind, is only a small ship whose main purpose it to get you to places stealthily) when the ship I'm trying to configure is literally on top of me right now in empty space? Do I use the Archwing and go out and do it myself?Don't even get me started on the Reactors......it's not practical or realistic. 

Sure, I could understand things like managing Crewmates, moving intrinsics to the plexus console, but big operations like switching weapons or installing components? Nah man, that's going too far.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Bloxanity2816 said:

How am I supposed to swap my turret weapons and my nose turrets through a small console in my ship

How do you order your pizza and toppings? Do you go there and put the toppings on yourself?

Ludicrous to actually think one could call down to the drydock crew to make changes to the RJ because, you know, Warframes wrench that themselves. 

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Ludicrous to actually think one could call down to the drydock crew to make changes to the RJ because, you know, Warframes wrench that themselves. 

oh yes, the drydock crew (who are trained to operate in a drydock, not open space), yeah they're gonna change out my reactor in open space instead of the safety of the drydock; mind you, what are they gonna do with the reactor they just changed out, leave it floating and come back for it later?

Archived