Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spawning Thumpers is Just Awful!

rpgfiend

To reinforce/explain what @Mazifet said :

1. Thumpers have a minimal level, if you use free roam you are less likely to have them.
  2. The higher the mission you choose, the higher the probability to get one (Tusk variant then Bull and Doma).

Low level mission = Low level enemies = Low level of having a Thumper. Q.E.D. (quod erat demonstrandum)

And Tusk Thumpers will spawn, at the appropriate level (according to bounty level when you entered the Plains), AFTER the bounty is concluded. So you can do the bounty first and then move around until a Tusk Thumper spawns, instead of extracting. 

If you get a Tusk Thumper during a bounty, there is a risk it will de-spawn before you are finished. Our "clan theory" is that Tusk Thumpers have an internal count-down timer that sets a random timeframe when they spawn, since they occasionally de-spawn even in the middle of a fight.

Tusk Thumpers spawn more easily in certain regions (I'm sure someone has made maps on the 'net), and they do NOT spawn at night.

You can slow a Tusk Thumper with the operator with Zenurik's 2nd ability (don't remember what it is called) and the easiest way to kill them is stripping their armor (and/or using your Voidrig).

I think part of what makes it so frustrating is that there is no consistent spawning logic. It is just hope and pray that you stumble across it. Even the wiki's map of potential spawns is not correct along with other factors about the spawning logic that are still very unknown. 

I've tried marking all the possible spawns with loc-pins for Supplies farming but it was hopeless as it would never spawn in the same spot and rarely hit the same spawning circle. 

The actual fight is okay, granted it always "faces" towards you so you can't hit the rear weak spots but that is part of the challenge of the fight. to figure out how to get a good damage dealing weapon and being able to face the rear. 

4 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

I think part of what makes it so frustrating is that there is no consistent spawning logic. It is just hope and pray that you stumble across it. Even the wiki's map of potential spawns is not correct along with other factors about the spawning logic that are still very unknown. 

I've tried marking all the possible spawns with loc-pins for Supplies farming but it was hopeless as it would never spawn in the same spot and rarely hit the same spawning circle. 

The actual fight is okay, granted it always "faces" towards you so you can't hit the rear weak spots but that is part of the challenge of the fight. to figure out how to get a good damage dealing weapon and being able to face the rear. 

All of this! Thank you!

And I should also mention that I probably have THE worst RNG of any other player, that's not just some victim-mentality/pitty-party for myself, it's facts! I've come to accept it though. All the farming Lua Spy, Xiphos parts and Defections, months of my life, MONTHS I tell ya! :shudders: 😁

Archived