Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's List All The Weapons Damage 2.0 Has "killed"

jrkong

If you ask me, it was too much change, too quickly brought about. It has left my head spinning. I had so many plans on what I was building next and all those plans have been rendered trashed. Got what I thought was a great brakk from the last event and now its not doing half the damage it was. Also bought a Vectis when it came out andit was working out great and was loads of fun sniping; now its sighting is so obstructed that I dont want to use it. well, I guess we just have to hope that some of these things get corrected--I see no point in having unfocused obstructed views on something that is supposed to be crisp and clean to snipe with. ;(

Yeah, the sniper scopes need help, but it won't be too much longer before those that work hard and really invest time in this stuff will have suggestions on which weapons should be modded how and for which faction.

Some weapons are simply bad vs some factions but are top tier against others, BUT still require being modded correctly to get the most out of them.

Brakk is still boss.

Sounds like that is working as intended.  The whole concept of one gun to rule them all is supposed to be getting brutally murdered (thankfully) by this system.

WHAT ?? do not touch my beloved Flux rifle, best gun I have ever used ever :P I will 8 forma it !!

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Sounds like that is working as intended.  The whole concept of one gun to rule them all is supposed to be getting brutally murdered (thankfully) by this system.

Yeah, but we don't want weapons being one-trick ponies either.

A gun shouldn't be 100% awesome on 1 enemy type and 100% suck on everything else.

Yeah, but we don't want weapons being one-trick ponies either.

A gun shouldn't be 100% awesome on 1 enemy type and 100% suck on everything else.

It's not a one trick pony - only seems that way at super high levels.  Also I don't know how you modded it but it seems to me that loadout diversity is going to the key to success in high level content going forward, which is good.  That is not a bad thing.

a lot of weapons have a D slot on top right corner, meaning we can combo only cold with anything else on them. boltor and fangs have that issue, as should bolto and akbolto i belive. very frustating if you need corrosive.

some weapons have truly fantastic proc rates. fang and fang prime both have 1% and 0.5% proc rate. most proc mods also have fantastic numbers like 15% extra proc (turning 10% into 11.5%) but if you have a rifle you are set for life because hammershot does 40% extra proc. explains why soma has only 5% proc rate.

Not entirely true if you know how to mod it...

its base damage will always be pure slash, meaning that against a pure puncture weapon, it will be outpeformed on armored targets.

slash is now good on the old light armors, wich is most melee units and light infested. 

Acrid: Does front end damage now but DoT sucks.

Ogris: Great damage but completely loses out at higher levels. With the self damage it's a really hard buy for endgame content. It also seems like the effective blast radius is smaller then before.

Soma: Critical rate has been nerfed. (Only reaches 60%)

I haven't had all that much time to play with the other weapons yet so there are probably a lot more. Anyone have other weapons to add to the list?

Sooo. It didn't "kill" them, it fixed them. They are not mind blowingly retard level powerful. They have been successfully fixed, without destroying the core of the weapon. The ogris deals BLAST damage, and you can also spec it to do a lot of different things. Blast damage deals bonuses to armor and health specifically. Acrid was finally put in it's place and you're complaining. Soma was put in it's place and you're complaining. I get people, but they bother me.

That Grammar boy is the hope of us all.

I couldn't care less, point is this patch is not ready for roll out... too many bugs, too many too "proud" people on forums. Chill and try to understand people. Don't force people to eat your crap as You'd like they would - they won't. I stated point in technical thinking manner if You cannot understand it - well its not my problem - but its very much Your own.

Strun Wreight deals about no dmg at the moment. Screw elemental S#&$ ~ thats not the way to fix issue with people not using them anymore.

Edited by CyklonDX

You know what's nice tho? All weapons seem to be viable now,besides the Brakk,that thing is truly OP now,nothing I had in my inv even matches the Brakk,not even the previewsly called OP weapons...Synaps is also good now,electrical mixed with pretty much everything gets you a nice element and with 100% crit chance that thing is god now.