Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Freaking Status Procs Chances Are Waaaayyy Tooo Looowww!

r0ckwolf

As the title says.

The damage overhaul is interesting and offers a lot. Obviously there is a lot of fixing and tweaking to be done, starting with this. It feels, at the moment, that elemental types have been removed completely, since the status procs (burning, slowing, stun, etc.) never happen and when they happen the Visual FX is VERY underwhelming and barely noticeable.

I´m suprised nobody has complained about this yet.

What do you think?

On some weapons such as the Soma it makes sense to have such a low proc chance because of the sheer amount of bullets you are unloading and the lethality of it without them, but there are some other weapons that have low damage of all 3 types, no crit chance worth mentioning and a low proc chance as well.

They have the means to fix the major weapon imbalances but they are just not using them at the moment.

There are mods to increase the status chance, but it is to low as a start.

yeah, even with stunning speed and the other status mod (name has slipped my mind), the proc chance rarely hits the 10% mark i have yet to see 20%. And even with "a higher status chance", the procs never seem to happen. I don´t wanna sound too much like i´m raging or anything, but since this is one of the major new additions to the damage system, it is pretty dissapointing that it doesn´t seem to work at all!!!

It's weird. I know what the UI says about the weapons and their chance to get stat procs...

But I SWEAR that in game, it feels like it's proccing more frequently than the UI would lead you to believe.

Like my unmodded fang has a 1% chance to proc, but I swear I'm getting status effects more frequently than once per hundred hits.

Here's what I think is happening:

The X% chance to proc is perhaps not applied once, but once for each damage type on the weapon. So basically, If I have impact, puncture, slash and fire damage on my weapon, they each have an X% chance to proc with every hit.

Would need to actually test it to verify it, though.

Jaw Sword has a 50% proc which makes it a useful weapon to test the element procs with. It seems that you can only proc one element at a time and the chance of procing a specific element depends on how of your total damage that element is a percent of.

I had Jaw Sword proc the yellow debuff on enemies, which I believe is puncture, around 50% of the time. Put on a rank 0 fire mod and I barely see any fire procs. Put on a rank 5 fire mod and I start to see more procs, however, it procs the puncture debuff as well but seemingly never both at the same time.

Edited by Stygi

I really think those Proc Mods need to add to the proc chances of weapons additively - or -

Get a heavy buff to the numbers (in the 100% to 150% range).

I mean, 30% of of 0.05 or 0.1? Really?

That's IF things are working as the UI leads most of us to believe. 

I could live with the low base proc chances if the mods did a decent job of alleviating them... but with the ridiculously low percentages of change I can't see anyone using them.

I mean don't get me wrong I am liking a lot of the ideas Damage 2.0 comes with and after mere minutes I had several builds in my head that utilized the new system... then I saw for example a Melee Prowess Mod fully fused change my natural proc chance of 10% to 13%... which doesn't even make sense... the 3% percent increase is not only far too low to be bothering it is not even 15% of the original 10% so I don't see where this number comes from.

Proc's should not add % of base value. 

It should be 10% base + 15% mod = 25% proc chance.

agreed! in case of the crit chance, the base value increase makes sense to not make every wepon in a criting maschine. (although, this would be a good oportunity to review the crit chances and might increase them on a couple of weapon slightly.)

But the procs are way more important, you mod your weapon to a certain extend and rely on the procs to stun a certain enemy type f.e., a base proc value of 15% should be the minimum for all weapons, with mods that add a flat increase to it like 25% maybe. 

Status procs are too low

Crit chances and crit damage (at least what they say on PAPER) are also too low on most weapons.

Just a fun little fact: Brakk has a GREAT proc rate with its 15% status chance... This chance is for EVERY SINGLE PELLET! Oo Shotgun's should have a lower chance per pellet (like 5% per pellet?), while most other weapons should vary from 15% to 50% (depending on rate of fire) or so... the current 5% or 10% is just waaay too low

Proc's should not add % of base value. 

It should be 10% base + 15% mod = 25% proc chance.

This was exactly what I thought! I feel that this simple change would make the Proc-Mods more viable

Edited by Neyd

the worst thing for me are really the missing visuall effects!! After trying a couple of weapons with the new damage model now and having put some serious testing hours into the system, i can say that the procs happen, not often, but they happen. But there is no noticable effect to them which is very dissapointing. I´m not even sure if the stun, slow, etc. even works.

i miss shattering guys and lighting them on fire.... i was hoping for more of these cool effects, not less....

time for some serious fixing DE, this is important!!!! 

Edited by r0ckwolf