Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

railjack void storms would be improved for everyone if you had a "use my ship" option instead of placing me on some poor noob's un-upgraded space junk

(XBOX)Exigy

My railjack is absolutely stacked, it's maxed in every direction, mods, plexus, battle, tactical, intrinsics, even my crew are gigachads with perfect stats (and drip). I am the new war.

So why can't I host a void storm mission on my boat? This game needs, and I repeat needs, and option for other players to join MY ship. When I spawn into a railjack mission the HMCS Justin Trudeau (name of my ship btw) should swoop in and DESTROY these trash un-named railjacks, and press everyone into service on the flagship of the tenno fleet (again, my ship). It's not fun for anyone to be repairing critical hull breaches every 12 seconds, it's not fun for me, it's not fun for them, it's not fun. I can do these things solo, easily (see above) but I want to help young tenno get their holo keys.

So please let me host missions from my ship, it will make the game better for everyone.

I just set my max ping to 100 and 9.5/10 times that means I'm host

I don't care if someone else has a maxed railjack, if my ping while they are hosting is over 200 that means the game mode is literally unplayable for me and I'll be restarting my computer just to log back into the orbiter anyway (since apparently railjack still doesn't let you leave squad last time I checked, hence part of why so many seem to hate it, meanwhile I just find workarounds with little to no complaining a.k.a. the real sigma moveset)

All that said, you do raise a good suggestion

What if they let everyone join with their rail jack, that way no one feels left out in a sense, when their ships die they have to come to the other surviving ships, which would be the OP ships, it kind of sounds good for RJ arbitration too. 

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Exigy said:

option for other players to join MY ship

Are you not always the host if you start the mission from inside your Railjack (Dry Dock/Orbiter fast travel)? I thought you could only be client if you started a mission from the regular navigation/star chart?

13 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Are you not always the host if you start the mission from inside your Railjack (Dry Dock/Orbiter fast travel)? I thought you could only be client if you started a mission from the regular navigation/star chart?

I've started from my dock and have still joined another person's ship. It doesn't happen often these days since so few play Railjack.

17 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Gotcha. I haven't really played Railjack since I got my new PC (used to avoid host b/c of the old). Must'a been a misconception of mine, thanks.

Well it did use to be that way. However I believe they changed that because everyone was starting from their ship that no one was getting match made at all. I think they mentioned it during a dev stream but I do not remember which one.

How dare you insult my state of the art FLYING MACHINE... ignore those holes.. and that rust.. stop staring at the sparking console if you don't touch it, it won't shock you.

We have things to shoot!   No you have to kick the hatch a couple times to make it open.. jeeze have you ever flown before?  This is all standard.

Archived