Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have it to where the host using the extract button on the Zariman initiates a countdown rather force a migration immediately?

nPhlames

That would defeat the Instant Extraction purpose of the button.

We already have a countdown timer, it happens when you stand in the elevator after the objective is complete.

The whole point of the extract button is to skip the timer.

What you should really be asking for:

is that DE Fix their Netcode, so that Host Migrations are No Longer Risky.

Its not too hard to ask that each client retain a redundant record of their own mission progress, so that even if a host migration fails there is a fallback so the rewards don't get lost.

on Migration Fail, rather than kick back to orbiter, just default the client to be his own host in a solo instance so he can keep going.

I'd agree with that however the way the countdown timer works is that it needs a minimum of half the players in the squad to activate.

And although I wish host migrations could be fixed, I find it very unlikely something would be done about it.

The problem with the host migration thing is if you get a bad group you can literally get three host migrations IN A ROW, because if you're standing in the exit during a host migration you don't leave the map, and you don't count as being at the exit until you leave and re-enter the exit. It's a huge risk and a huge waste of time for somebody who already wanted to leave.

I am often frustrated that people can INSTANTLY solo EXTRACT as host in Zariman missions and that can't be done anywhere else in the game. It's frustrating because HOST MIGRATION IS NOT RELIABLE and a lot of rewards/loot and time can be lost. This is compounded by the frequency that people instantly solo extract as host in the Zariman missions (it happens very frequently), which makes running these missions stressful and agonizing.

In the rest of the starchart in endless missions like survival, there is a 1 minute timer that starts when someone is in the extraction zone as a heads up that maybe you want to go to the extraction zone as well, to exit together. For BOUNTIES, how mission extraction worked before the instant extraction implementation was ideal--making everyone extract together in the mission when an extraction timer (initiated by half or more players at the extraction zone) hits zero. All the players in the bounty squad intend to do the bounty and extract, so it would make sense that extraction is initiated for everyone as a squad.

11 hours ago, Alkines said:

INSTANTLY solo EXTRACT as host in Zariman missions and that can't be done anywhere else in the game.

Archutally...

in Open Worlds, host can "leave squad" at any time Instantly.

with the Zariman, you get better warning because you can see them physically running away from you as they try to reach the elevator. -its not "instant" if you're paying attention.

So in a lot of ways, Zariman is solving a problem for the better. if anything, Open Worlds should use the same system.

Feel free to crucify me later but I gotta say it.

I love Zariman solo extraction!

If there's a lvl 4 or 5 quick Exterminate, I want to run it as many times as I can to gather Quills to trade for standing later. I'm not interested in fighting the Angel (unless it's the mission objective) or finding the items scattered around the map. Those 4-5 Quills are more than enough for me.

So once the mission is done I'll just poof away through the elevator and the rest of the team can stay if they want.

Now, this is when I'm not the host. If I'm the host, I'll message the team "Host migration in 30 seconds" which is enough time to get to the Elevator.

Inb4 'Play Solo then'

There's two things to say to that. The first one is the obligatory 🖕and the valid reason is because I often meet noobs in Zariman who can't handle any of the Void enemies which die to my Operator in seconds. So, I'm actually helping them. This applies extra if the mission tells us to kill an Angel.

And you know what? I like this so much I want it everywhere!

When I run a quick Lith Relic Capture or Exterminate and I'm done I want to leave and run it again NOW. I'm there just for Reactant or Forma at best. I don't want to be delayed because someone joined late and the team is waiting for them to get Reactant not realising there won't be any more because the mission is finished and we're all just waiting and wasting our time. They usually realize this and extract but I could run the mission 5 more times in that time...

We're all there just for the off chance someone gets something nice, which I'm happy to share but as I said, I'm in Lith for Reactant so I don't care about others Relics. Which is why I don't run this Solo, if I get something nice I wanna share it.

Again, this is if I'm not the host.

For the hosts, I'd give them 30 seconds. Big pop up for everyone the host is leaving in 30 and deal with it as you want. That or fixing the bloody host migration which won't happen as we all know.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Again, this is if I'm not the host.

For the hosts, I'd give them 30 seconds. Big pop up for everyone the host is leaving in 30 and deal with it as you want. That or fixing the bloody host migration which won't happen as we all know.

This right here, this is exactly what I want for the Zariman solo extraction. I can't have as much faith in randoms being host nearly as much anymore as usually people don't give the heads up.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

If I'm the host, I'll message the team "Host migration in 30 seconds" which is enough time to get to the Elevator.

I think the one minute timer for extraction in endless missions like survival elsewhere in the star chart is pretty much exactly as what you have said here and solves the issue of people instantly extracting without saying anything. You are considerate and give a heads up but a lot of people don't.

On 3/15/2023 at 2:18 PM, nPhlames said:

Like can we, the players who are not the hosts, choose whether to stay and risk the host migration after the countdown OR give us a chance to make it to extraction?

What the hell is this?????   Common Sense and something logical??

Why is it freaking taking DE so long to fix this.   Zarimon is such a killer place and it is completely freaking ruined and a toxic craphole because of self extract.  

FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived