Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn/Prime Aegis Storm buff

Sevenus.

This is sort of a continuation to a post I made a couple days ago about an augment idea as many of the comments were talking about further changes to Hildryn's Aegis Storm ability.

Here are some ideas for a buff :

1) Aegis storm's range shouldn't not decrease the higher you hover.

- Initially this was supposed to increase damage dealt the higher you hover but reduce range, but the damage is very minor and because of that serves no porpuse in my opinion.

- Having more range the closer you are to the ground removes the fun of hovering higher to the skies.

- removes how terrain affects it (flying on a tree or a tall rock because it's higher but I'm using the tree to stay "close" to the ground to maximize the range.

- I was thinking about reversing the effect(higher from the ground = higher range) but if so terrain will still affect it badly so I'm not sure how effective this will be.

2)  Enemies affected by Aegis Storm will suffer electric/radiation proc per second as long as they are affected by the ability(being stuck in the air).

3) This idea came from TheKengineer's latest video about minor changes to Warframes : upon casting Aegis Storm the following changes will apply to balefire :

- charge time is reduced by 50% or removed.

- remove Balefire's energy cost or reduce by 50%. (Regardless of efficiency)

4) Either an augment that lets Hildryn to switch to her Primary weapon while using Aegis Storm or make it an addition to the ability itself without the need for a mod.

Would love to read your ideas and I will add more ideas if Ill come up with more.

hopefully we can make this an official change that would come to Hildryn.

5 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Allow ranged weapon use and buff Balefire while in Aegis Storm.  For the latter I like Kengineer's idea pretty well.   Although giving it something like 15% / 2x / 30% crit / cd / status and just halving the charge time would be nice. 

As long as it doesn't come as an augment mod. More status would be great as it has a huge base damage I think crit would be too much(altho I wouldn't mind it)

Perhaps halve the charge time would be nice too altho I think removing change time completly will make it more appealing as a booster to balefire and more appealing to the idea that hildryn holds two Balefires on cast.

51 minutes ago, Sevenus. said:

As long as it doesn't come as an augment mod. More status would be great as it has a huge base damage I think crit would be too much(altho I wouldn't mind it)

Definitely not an augment.  And those numbers were just off the cuff.  Something to make it scale somewhat better, and open up a little build variety.  (You'll note those numbers don't make it a great crit weapon by any means; just one that's not pathetic at it.)  edit: Oh, I goofed up.  I thought Balefire was 1.8x CD not 1.5x.  So jumping to 2x is more than I intended.  Not that the exact numbers are important anyway.

I also wouldn't mind something more creative.

51 minutes ago, Sevenus. said:

Perhaps halve the charge time would be nice too altho I think removing change time completly will make it more appealing as a booster to balefire and more appealing to the idea that hildryn holds two Balefires on cast.

That was actually the idea behind halving the charge time instead of removing it completely.  But I can see the appeal of both ways.  Removing it will feel more dramatic and impactful. Halving the charge preserves some of the feel of the weapon.  (Which is a positive for me, although I think many people will feel differently.)  And it means that RoF mod somebody would want if they ever use Balefire out of Aegis won't feel like a waste the rest of the time.

11 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Definitely not an augment.  And those numbers were just off the cuff.  Something to make it scale somewhat better, and open up a little build variety.  (You'll note those numbers don't make it a great crit weapon by any means; just one that's not pathetic at it.) 

I also wouldn't mind something more creative.

That was actually the idea behind halving the charge time instead of removing it completely.  But I can see the appeal of both ways.  Removing it will feel more dramatic and impactful. Halving the charge preserves some of the feel of the weapon.  (Which is a positive for me, although I think many people will feel differently.)  And it means that RoF mod somebody would want if they ever use Balefire out of Aegis won't feel like a waste the rest of the time.

True. I start to see your point to be honest. Maybe 50% charge time decrease is more valid. I'll add it to the main post.

Archived