Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack: Game Mode is... dead from beginning.. so maybe change something?

fuba82

Well...
As you can clearly see in the Tite, this Topic is about Railjack Missions in general!

Literally NO ONE play this Game-Mode.... because... yeah it is just sh*it!
But... WHY is it s*hit?

You can not see it or you just do not care -> what is it?

1. Rewards are insufficient for the duration of Railjack Missions!
  2. Not enough "exclusive", especially "good exclusive" Rewards from Railjack Missions (maybe good until it's fixed and improved?!)
  3. Endless Missions like Survival, Defense are NOT Railjack Missions, make no sense to play them in Railjack!

How to improve?

1. Kick all Non-Railjack Missions from the Railjack Star-Chart (Survival, Exterminate, Defense, ...)
    Makes no sense to Fly with a Railjack to an Extermiante Mission as of you also can do with your Orbiter but faster!

2. Add REAL Space-Exterminate mission, where you need to kill X Enemy Fighters -> Done!
    Add Chase Missions, where you maybe Defeat/Shutdown a stolen Railjack, Special Enemy Crew Ship or whatever
    Add Railjack EVENTS
    Add Railjack Sorties
    Add Railjack Syndicate Missions

3. Add more Weapons, Mods, Warframes, other "Equipment" to Railjack missions AFTER they are fixed and extended!

4. Make Missions more Rewarding, ESPECIALLY when a Crew repeat Missions over and over again!
    The Longer a Crew STAY on the same Ship or same "Proxima" (to prevent abuse), the more Ressource Drops or Rewards or Higher Chance for Better Reward are available.

5. Allow Players to join on ANY Game-State, also for Fissure missions!

6. Make AI more "intelligent", especially for Solo Play!
    Let the AI Destroy Reactors while the Player can stay at the Shipyard for example!
    Let the AI use Artillery with YOUR Skills on Enemy Crew Ships IF the Crew Ship has been STOPPED (Engines Down)

Maybe there is so much more you can IMPROVE and FIX before "nerf" next funny Gameplay elements!
Besides of Railjack, there are Archwing and Archwing Weapons for example...
Especially Archwing Melee (dead from the beginning too!)

This Topic is just a... Well let's call it "Feature Request"
It is definitely NOT to about "what is wrong or right from my vantage point" in any individuals opinion, so save that!
The "Number of Open Games" says more then Words!

Make AI more "intelligent", especially for Solo Play!
Let the AI Destroy Reactors while the Player can stay at the Shipyard for example!
Let the AI use Artillery with YOUR Skills on Enemy Crew Ships IF the Crew Ship has been STOPPED (Engines Down)

This is probably the biggest deterrent on railjack solo play. I just see juggling all the jobs as a hassle that won't be fun to participate in and when all is said and done it won't be very rewarding on 'loot vs time spent'

It's worth pointing out that I do find Railjack as a fun thing to play for the sake of fun. Dogfighting and boarding enemy ships is legitimately cool. they really nailed a lot of the mode. It just drags a bit if you're comparing it in terms of grind efficiency.

A legitimate place to actually spread my wings in archwing would be a lot more cool if it didn't feel like random death anytime I used it. One suggestion is remake railjack survival into a place we can finally brawl as much as we like in archwing. they wouldn't even have to make that a railjack honestly.

1 hour ago, fuba82 said:
  • Rewards are insufficient for the duration of Railjack Missions!
  • Not enough "exclusive", especially "good exclusive" Rewards from Railjack Missions (maybe good until it's fixed and improved?!)
  • Endless Missions like Survival, Defense are NOT Railjack Missions, make no sense to play them in Railjack!

Railjack has amazing rewards. hundreds of thousands of credits, thousands of endo, 3 warframes, tenet melee's, valkyr / nyx prime parts and weapons, various exclusive weapons, and tons of other stuff

1 hour ago, fuba82 said:

Kick all Non-Railjack Missions from the Railjack Star-Chart (Survival, Exterminate, Defense, ...)
Makes no sense to Fly with a Railjack to an Extermiante Mission as of you also can do with your Orbiter but faster!

While in normal gameplay these are unnecessary, they are good for doing fissures.

1 hour ago, fuba82 said:

Add REAL Space-Exterminate mission, where you need to kill X Enemy Fighters -> Done!
Add Chase Missions, where you maybe Defeat/Shutdown a stolen Railjack, Special Enemy Crew Ship or whatever
Add Railjack EVENTS
Add Railjack Sorties
Add Railjack Syndicate Missions

We do kind of have space exterminate only in the form of Sovar Strait, but other than that there is always a secondary objective like destroying a shipkiller platform. 

I wouldn't mind Sorties or syndicate missions, but I don't see the reason considering normal warframe gameplay is less hit-or-miss, considering the majority of players don't have a good railjack.

1 hour ago, fuba82 said:
  •  
  • Add more Weapons, Mods, Warframes, other "Equipment" to Railjack missions AFTER they are fixed and extended!

Having some new equipment for RJ is a good thing imo, perhaps something like a giant gatling gun could be fun.

1 hour ago, fuba82 said:

Make Missions more Rewarding, ESPECIALLY when a Crew repeat Missions over and over again!
The Longer a Crew STAY on the same Ship or same "Proxima" (to prevent abuse), the more Ressource Drops or Rewards or Higher Chance for Better Reward are available.

RJ is already very rewarding, but i'm not going to dismiss extra loot.

1 hour ago, fuba82 said:

Allow Players to join on ANY Game-State, also for Fissure missions!

Not quite sure on what you mean by that.

1 hour ago, fuba82 said:

Make AI more "intelligent", especially for Solo Play!
Improve AI Piloting -> VERY!

Only problem I have with the ai is that they can't shoot the radiators. other than that they're perfect.

2 hours ago, Somnium_Bellator said:

Maybe fix your manners first before expecting people to take in a serious way your feedback. Half what you wrote is not true and for the other half makes no sense.

The AI does not need any changes even, the pilot NPC does his job very well if you as a player does yours properly.

🔞

34 minutes ago, iPathos said:

aaaand my interest is instantly lost.

aaaand no one cares.

1 hour ago, Mazifet said:

Railjack has amazing rewards. hundreds of thousands of credits, thousands of endo, 3 warframes, tenet melee's, valkyr / nyx prime parts and weapons, various exclusive weapons, and tons of other stuff

Normal Missions have WAY MORE "amazing" Rewards:

• Millions of Credits
  • Thousends of Endo (in Railjack, where?)
  • 40+ Warframes
  • Quote: and tons of other stuff

so what's your Point?

While in normal gameplay these are unnecessary, they are good for doing fissures.

"good" is a very strong word in this case ^^

Only problem I have with the ai is that they can't shoot the radiators. other than that they're perfect.

Seriously? Perfect?

Well... IF this is all so Amazing and Perfect -> WHY literally no one is playing it?

17 minutes ago, fuba82 said:

Normal Missions have WAY MORE "amazing" Rewards:

• Millions of Credits
  • 40+ Warframes

so what's your Point?

You clearly do not have any idea what you're talking about when Railjack is a better source of credits than most index runs, is at the bare minimum comparable to arbitrations for endo drops and even an alternative pathway to Warframe Arcane acquisition to Eidolons (Orphix missions).

The whole idea of having Railjack missions transition into different gamemodes is the closest thing we've gotten to the original concept of how Railjack would be played (what was originally tested during Scarlet Spear).

Railjack is also a final confrontation location for liches and sisters of parvos, it has void storms which allow relic cracking and corrupted holokey collection (access to Tenet melee weapons and the Tenet Ferrox) as well as getting Sevagoth and Epitaph parts. It has external objectives that have a table of rare weapon and frame parts that in many cases are not able to be acquired elsewhere (Carmine Penta, Valkyr Prime relics, Ash parts), it has intrinsics that affect gameplay game-wide, not just in Railjack and each of those Intrinsics gives you a full 1000 mastery (for a total of 50k mastery points from those alone at 10-10-10-10-10).

17 minutes ago, fuba82 said:

Seriously? Perfect?

Well... IF this is all so Amazing and Perfect -> WHY literally no one is playing it?

They were talking about AI performance specifically. Outside of not using the forward artillery and currently having an issue with shooting radiators, your AI crew are remarkably capable (or at least have the capacity to be).

Let alone this, you've said nothing of whether you are playing with Cross-play enabled or if you're trying to slog through the entire proxima map in one fell swoop - in which case you would come across spates of emptiness but they are few and far between, let alone being a "bang your head against the wall" activity to attempt for any extended period of time.

It's a rarity for me to come across any Railjack missions with zero people playing. Sure, sometimes I'll only get one or two crewmates but then the next run will be full.
Maybe try changing your region in settings, since I have great doubts yours is set to NA (or your ping settings are too high).

They can. It seems to bug out sometimes when they don't, but most of the time they do. Other that that, I agree that the crew AI pretty good. There is room for improvement, but it's not meant to be more efficient than players.

6 minutes ago, Genitive said:

They can. It seems to bug out sometimes when they don't, but most of the time they do. Other that that, I agree that the crew AI pretty good. There is room for improvement, but it's not meant to be more efficient than players.

Really? For the last year at least (in my experience throughout the proxima maps with a 5-piloting crewmate at the helm) it's been akin to rolling several dice and only working when they all roll snake eyes. They tend to fly fine, but fail at most everything else (yes the subskill is called "piloting" - piloting includes more than just "fly ship").

I think the main issue is how they approach objectives when in the pilot's harness. Almost always the problem with them is that they will shoot the first radiator just fine, but then continue shooting that radiator either before or after you expose the other one. I don't know if that's because of the gunner killing it and confusing the pilot, if they're not registering the radiator being destroyed or a missed check of some kind, all I know is that the vast majority of the time it fails to reliably work.

As much as they are not meant to be as efficient as a player, there's a vast difference between, say, tasks being delayed or performed at a slow pace (switching targets slowly or delays between objectives updating and the AI acting) versus doing the task immediately but visibly wrong (shoots radiator 1, stops shooting when destroyed, radiator 2 exposed, begins shooting radiator 1 again - endlessly).

I'm fine with them being appropriately inept, but for having spent a fair portion of credits and resources to hire elite crewmates (let alone the time to max the command intrinsic tree) then we should reasonably expect some reliable return.

1 hour ago, fuba82 said:
  • Millions of Credits
  • 40+ Warframes

While doing index efficiently, it'll give more credits than railjack. When doing Rathuum with a farming squad, it'll give more endo than railjack. But can you do it all at once, in one mission? No. Railjack may not be the single best farm for those things, but being able to do them simultaneously along with large quantities of other resources makes it my go to farm.

Also, if you don't even know how to get endo from railjack then you shouldn't be making statements like "no one plays this gamemode."

The only real issues with Railjack are:

• Energy needs to be disassociated from your Warframe again. It's not fun that Hildryn is the only viable choice for dedicated gunners.
  • Corpus missions need to have simultaneous space/internal combat, like the Grineer missions do. Why is regular Survival a Railjack mission when it barely even involves the Railjack itself, especially since the whole point of Survival doesn't even make sense in that context?
  • The missions themselves take way longer than normal missions. Void Storms should open multiple relics at once.

8 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

The only real issues with Railjack are:

• Energy needs to be disassociated from your Warframe again. It's not fun that Hildryn is the only viable choice for dedicated gunners.
  • Corpus missions need to have simultaneous space/internal combat, like the Grineer missions do. Why is regular Survival a Railjack mission when it barely even involves the Railjack itself, especially since the whole point of Survival doesn't even make sense in that context?
  • The missions themselves take way longer than normal missions. Void Storms should open multiple relics at once.

I would argue any of the "High energy capacity" frames with primed flow can do it just as well- my go-to is Ivara since 800+ is plenty for every RJ mission in the game- though that takes into account my usual lazy Zenurik playstyle of infinite energy to begin with, so fair point that I am not dismissing, just one I'd like to add that alternatives that are just as effective exist- just not as plug+and+play as Hild.

The overall argument that RJ energy shouldn't be tied to frames is one I agree on wholeheartedly regardless. Just feels like a needless adjustment they made that adds needless preference towards certain frames when this isn't a normal mission, we're in a spaceship, the spaceship should be the deciding factor in how the spaceship works.

Altogether, amen to that. Primarily the void storm argument. It could be said that the additional rewards to void storm vs fissures "Make up" for the time investment, but my hats in the other ring, even playing extremely quickly it can't be argued that any void storm node is faster than just knocking out a capture in the base star chart and the time investment doesn't feel properly rewarded as is, especially when so many of those rewards are dead once you acquire them once.

Cracking 2 relics per would be nice, it'd certainly be enough to make me raise an eyebrow at perhaps making storms my go-to crack location instead of just a fun alt that's slower.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived