Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creating New Warframes Should Create New Exalted Weapons

MonokuroBara

Well, as per the title, creating a new warframe should create a new exalted weapon for that warframe.

I wanted a new, clean Valkyr Prime Talons to try a new build without, essentially, ruining and re-forma-ing the majority of the slots on my old Valkyr Prime Talons (rip Umbra Forma), but as is, creating a new exalted weapon is not possible. Solutions include but are not limited to:

• the title suggestion—i.e. new warframe = new exalted weapon
  • the ability to create and equip new exalted weapons independent of creating new warframes
  • a "reset" item that removes all or individual forma, effectively resetting or lowering the forma count and returning the item or the slot to the default polarity

Personally, I want all of the above; but I really want the last option—an "unforma." I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, so I like the idea of being able to reset my forma counts.

Plus, DE, this is a great opportunity for monetization! Exalted weapon slots or forma count reset items could, of course, cost Platinum—or not. There's also Baro, Teshin, Nightwave, etc. I would gladly pay Platinum, however. lol

Edit: In regards to the latest update—i.e. "If you own multiples of a Warframe or Weapon (e.g. two Khoras), the one with the most Forma installed will appear in Teshin’s Cave."—we need a reset item! This is also a solution to my newest complaint:

Edited by MonokuroBara
  • Like 5

It would be nice to have duplicate exalted weapons start out fresh -as long as- they're just treated as Arsenal items.  Build a second Ivara, get a second Artemis in your exalted Arsenal, and either Ivara can select either Artemis bow to equip.

While it's fantastic that we don't have to build up duplicate exalteds from scratch, at the same time there's this feeling  like I'm not quite getting everything I paid for or worked for when I duplicate frames with exalted weapons. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MonokuroBara said:

Well, as per the title, creating a new warframe should create a new exalted weapon for that warframe.

Wait? ?they don't already?

I've never duplicated a Valkyr, only gone from Valkyr to Valkyr Prime. and in that case Prime Talons are a totally clean slate.

But you're saying if you have more than one Normal Valkyr, they all share the same Talons>?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

But you're saying if you have more than one Normal Valkyr, they all share the same Talons>?

Yes.  

If you craft 100 of the same normal frame, they will share the same exalted weapon. 

The Prime version counts as a separate exalted weapon.
If you craft 100 of the same Prime frame, they too will share the same Prime exalted weapon.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

It would be nice to have duplicate exalted weapons start out fresh -as long as- they're just treated as Arsenal items.  Build a second Ivara, get a second Artemis in your exalted Arsenal, and either Ivara can select either Artemis bow to equip.

While it's fantastic that we don't have to build up duplicate exalteds from scratch, at the same time there's this feeling  like I'm not quite getting everything I paid for or worked for when I duplicate frames with exalted weapons. 

Exactly! It's such an easy fix, too—add an equip option to exalted weapons and bam~! done~!

9 minutes ago, MonokuroBara said:

Exactly! It's such an easy fix, too—add an equip option to exalted weapons and bam~! done~!

It's easy to conceptualize, anyway.  :P  I haven't the faintest idea if it's actually easy.

Edited by Tiltskillet

On 2023-04-01 at 7:18 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Wait? ?they don't already?

I've never duplicated a Valkyr, only gone from Valkyr to Valkyr Prime. and in that case Prime Talons are a totally clean slate.

On 2023-04-01 at 7:37 PM, MystMan said:

Yes.  

If you craft 100 of the same normal frame, they will share the same exalted weapon. 

The Prime version counts as a separate exalted weapon.
If you craft 100 of the same Prime frame, they too will share the same Prime exalted weapon.

I've always done the same—upgraded from non-prime to prime—so I literally just learned this, too. It's both convenient and inconvenient. lol

Edited by MonokuroBara

• 1 month later...

With the release of the Duviri Paradox, I wanted to "bump" my idea because if you own two of the same frame, then you can get either frame in Teshin's Cave, but, obviously, you get the same exalted weapon. In my case, my Valkyr Prime Talons are for my new Valkyr Prime and not for my old Valkyr Prime. It's minor, but it's still not ideal.

Edited by MonokuroBara

Soo let's say you delete all the copies of Warframes with Exalted weapons you have (Except for Umbra, cuz you know....), then craft another one from scratch, does it still uses the Same Polarized/Forma'd Exalted Weapons as the one you deleted?

1 hour ago, Boreal said:

Soo let's say you delete all the copies of Warframes with Exalted weapons you have (Except for Umbra, cuz you know....), then craft another one from scratch, does it still uses the Same Polarized/Forma'd Exalted Weapons as the one you deleted?

Apparently, yes. I haven't done that myself, but I've seen it reported.

• Like 1

On 2023-05-24 at 9:23 AM, Boreal said:

On 2023-05-24 at 10:46 AM, Tiltskillet said:

Apparently, yes. I haven't done that myself, but I've seen it reported.

I can confirm, too. It is impossible to create new exalted weapons, delete old exalted weapons, etc.

Edited by MonokuroBara
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have updated the OP:

On 2023-04-01 at 5:29 PM, MonokuroBara said:

Edit: In regards to the latest update—i.e. "If you own multiples of a Warframe or Weapon (e.g. two Khoras), the one with the most Forma installed will appear in Teshin’s Cave."—we need a reset item! This is also a solution to my newest complaint:

Now, obviously, I can't even use the Valkyr Prime meant for my Valkyr Prime Talons. This has been upgraded from a minor complaint to a major problem!

My old Valkyr Prime is both my oldest frame and my first Prime Access. I bought Valkyr Prime Access when I started Warframe! In fact, I started Warframe because of Valkyr Prime Access! My old Valkyr Prime is too dear to me to sell. Do I really have to forma my new Valkyr Prime 13 additional, needless times to play the appropriate Valkyr Prime with the appropriate Valkyr Prime Talons?

Edited by MonokuroBara