Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash riven but weapon does not list slash

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

6 answers to this question

It doesn't add Slash.

Why not, when elemental mods add respective elemental damage, is another matter.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

...and why would WF allow a stat on a riven when it does not apply at all?

There's the other side: things like max ammo negatives on recharge weapons.

Likely boils down to "too much work to fuss through all the exceptions."

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

If a Riven rolls with +50% slash but slash is not shown on the weapon does it apply slash? 50% of nothing is still nothing.

How does this work?

It will effectively waste a Riven stat when it comes to the damage itself, but if the weapon can deal Slash by other means, like Hunter Munitions for example, this will boost the Slash DoT.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

It will effectively waste a Riven stat when it comes to the damage itself, but if the weapon can deal Slash by other means, like Hunter Munitions for example, this will boost the Slash DoT.

Slash damage has no effect on bleed damage. 

edit: When you see it used on slash builds it's to increase "slash weight" and thereby the chance of getting bleeds versus other status procs.  Not that this applies to forced bleeds like HM in your example.

56 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Slash damage has no effect on bleed damage. 

edit: When you see it used on slash builds it's to increase "slash weight" and thereby the chance of getting bleeds versus other status procs.  Not that this applies to forced bleeds like HM in your example.

Thank you for correcting me.

I went and tested it with a purely Impact weapon with HM and with and without Buzzkill and the Slash DoT was the same.

I was working under this false information for years... Time to change a few builds. 😅

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

It can be beneficial as well. I forget which weapon and riven of mine offhand, but I have one where the negative is for impact damage. Since the weapon has no impact damage, that means my positive stats are higher on the riven and make it better. It's all part of the random fun of rivens.

Archived