Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duviri Stalker abilities (spoiler)

lukinu_u

7 minutes ago, Xaero said:

I'm talking logic. Applying Excalibur body to Ash would be unprecedented.

There's already precedent for giving existing frames a new body in the form of Deluxe skins. There's precedent for putting animations on another frame (Helminth and animation sets). New abilities are often tested using an existing model that doesn't end up on the final frame. There's clearly precedent for a playable Stalker using existing Warframe abilities. This isn't much of a leap at all, and again, is easier than normal skins that we already get.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

There's already precedent for giving existing frames a new body in the form of Deluxe skins. There's precedent for putting animations on another frame (Helminth and animation sets). New abilities are often tested using an existing model that doesn't end up on the final frame. There's clearly precedent for a playable Stalker using existing Warframe abilities. This isn't much of a leap at all, and again, is easier than normal skins that we already get.

If/when we get into that territory, we'll likely gain an opportunity to build a modular frame.

On 2023-04-28 at 11:04 PM, DrivaMain said:

Better Than Hydroid/10.

Would be nice if we can use him (or his new ability through the helminth) in the origin system. 

I'm pretty sure we'll eventually be able to, DE is planning more content around Stalker this year.

Hopefully that means he gets more varied abilities, like the ones from Shadow Stalker, but we'll have to see.

On 2023-04-29 at 5:48 AM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

It's a projectile attack that does slash, so the actual damage more like Garuda's 1 combined with her 4 than Nyx.

Probably an indication of what Nyx's Absorb needs to do in order to deal damage as well.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Hopefully that means he gets more varied abilities, like the ones from Shadow Stalker, but we'll have to see.

I'm thinking that's what the plan is. Playable Stalker is very much a Cut/Paste build. 

But I see the intention behind it. With Duviri being accessible early on or being a starting point: This is potentially an introduction to Stalker as a character.

I'm looking at as "Pre Second Dream". So if they've got more plans for Stalker as a character it makes sense to at least have him in this state.

My honest hope is we get an origins tale. Where we witness the collapse from his perspective and see the Tenno Assassinating the Emperors. We learn what a "Low Guardian" is and finally figure out who or what he is.

Then make  Shadow Stalker the  accessible version outside Duviri. My theory is he will be behind a "Hunhow Syndicate" 

Hunhow could end up being an ally of sorts. They could have Shadow Stalker as a frame unlocked through it. 

I'd also like to see the Male/Female Stalker Helmet released for every warframe as well. They could even tie in Archon Shards somehow...either as a resource or could be the spot where we transmute/combine multiple to make tauforged Shards.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim