Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Current Shotgun?

Dopey

I absolutely love the Sobek, it looks cool, has 2 alternate skins (grineer tactics and DoTD) performs well and has a large magazine. Fully modded it's a beast.

No idea if it is the best performer but meets my function form and fit requirements.

I currently adore the Tigris method of play.. I just wish i could make the Reload Time on that bastard a little faster... The Doublex Trigger is awesome, feels like it's a weapon that already comes with Multishot. With the Reload Time a little higher we could be getting the first feeling of an actual pump shotgun.

Good to know! thanks very much for your summary

Not to sound like a douchenozzle, but this's been the way it's worked for as long as I could remember, now we just have visible numbers to go with it.

We've always had weapons that were either 100% one type, or 50% of two types, and it showed when you used them. In fact, we actually had four!

Blade, AP, Serrated Blade, and Impact.

Strun Wraith did not get nerfed. It does mostly impact damage now.

That is all.

Well, in some ways it got nerfed as I preferred it for use against infested. 

Also like the Soma the crit rate was dropped, for the Stwraith it is now 15% which makes the crit build (which was a very nice universal build) not as useful, because it is easier to build a better anti-corpus build without the crit mods.

Sorry to say for Straith Fanboys but Boar Prime currently sits as #1 Shotgun when it comes to base DPS.

Straith

Base Damage: From 190 nerfed down to 97.5 + 22.5 + 30 for a total of 150 Base

Fire Rate: 2.5

Magazine: 8

Crit Chance: 15%

Crit DMG: 2.0

Reload: 1.5s

= 375 DPS

= Takes 3.2s before Magazine runs out

= 1.5 Reload

Boar Prime

Base Damage: From 72 buffed to 76 + 17.6 + 23.4 for a total of 117 Base

Fire Rate: 5.8

Magazine: 15

Crit Chance: 15%

Crit DMG: 2.0

Reload 2.3s

= 678.6 DPS

= Takes 2.6s before Magazine runs out

= 2.3s Reload

Even if you consider that Straith takes longer before it runs out of magazine and reloads faster, Boar Prime's massive DPS just overshadows it.

Edited by LisRestall

DPS means almost nothing. When are you going to sit still and DPS something perfectly with every pellet in this game? Never. I'm not saying that DPS comparisons are worthless but they are not the end all and be all like the previous poster seems to think. Pick up a few of the shotguns and try them out OP. I personally like the Boar Prime for a hallway clearing monster but be careful using it as your main weapon unless you have ammo mutation and / or scavenger. Unless you've got bullet attractor up or cram it down enemy throats it can get a bit inaccurate though. I personally use it with a high accuracy side arm like the Seer, Lex, or Vastos so that I have something that's very good on ammo but something I can turn to and clear a hallway quickly if need be. However, that's generally how I balance my loadouts. :)

Try the Hek and Sobek as well as either of those may suit your tastes more. The Tigris, while nifty, isn't in a good place. It's balanced against infested but only has 2 in the chamber. A bit hard to kill hordes of charging infested when you blow through your load quickly. I hope they remake it into a high damage, high burst, high downtime rifle for blowing away key targets then requiring solid downtime. Hek is more accurate but the Sobek is really solid for just steady decently accurate DPS. A sort of inbetween of the Boar blowing its load in seconds and the Hek playing like a sort of pellet sniper.

In this game 95% of the content can be done with any properly modded weapon and with damage 2.0 just out and bringing many more weapons into a baseline of balance try whatever you like and see how they work. Worst case scenario you don't like it and you just got 30 ranks of mastery and it can sit on the shelf until it gets a rework.

Edited by Robsbot

Strun Wraith did not get nerfed. It does mostly impact damage now.

That is all.

Its damage dropped by 40 points.

Yes it did. 

But it is still really good. And at least lets other shotguns compete with it now, like the Sobek and BoarP. 

The rest are still kind of substandard though.