Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magistar Incarnon Genesis - What does "Fall Off" refer to?

(XBOX)kr1sPYDonuts

Question

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

There was a sub-conversation happening about Nami Solo, which is what prompted my question to Lotus-123.

Sorry about that. I didn't intend to ask so many questions about Nami Solo in this thread about the Magistar. I'll stop now and try to avoid sidetracking conversations in the future.

29 minutes ago, Lotus-123 said:

Tried your suggested mods to run a heavy attack build with Nami Solo. With a slight modification:

I'd make some changes to that build too.  I'd either go pure slash and use a primer for viral, or underclocked Virulent Scourge / Vicious Frost.   Condition Overload rather than Sacrificial Pressure.  Carnis Mandible if possible.  Definitely no heat mod.  And the balanced status/crit Evo.  Reason being that Machete heavy attack forced bleeds are unimpressive, but Nami Solo especially can be very good at natural bleeds.  To get the most out of that though, it has to be built for status and slash weighting. 

All that said, I don't particularly enjoy Heavy Attack builds except with Kullervo, and his get built very differently.

edit:

25 minutes ago, Lotus-123 said:

I didn't intend to ask so many questions about Nami Solo in this thread about the Magistar. I'll stop now and try to avoid sidetracking conversations in the future.

Oops.

Edited by Tiltskillet

2 hours ago, Lotus-123 said:

Tried your suggested mods to run a heavy attack build with Nami Solo. With a slight modification:

• Faction mods may provide the best damage, but I personally hate the hassle of switching mods or loadouts for every mission. So, I used Killing Blow instead of your suggested Smite mod
  • faction mods are only slightly more helpful in duviri than kubrow and kavat mods (which are useless in duviri)

It's not horrible, but there are several reasons why I don't see this weapon as replacing my favorite melee weapons.

1. Incarnon mode activation requires 6x combo - which is harder to achieve without the mods that increase combo count chance. So you've got to do a bunch of light attacks, then start the heavy attacks once you hit 6x
  2. incarnon mode for melee weapons isn't clearly indicated in the hud, and doesn't appear to work at all in Duviri
  3. With a light attack build, the game play feels like you're always swinging, building up combo count damage multipliers. Heavy attacks feel more like I'm taking a deep breath, lunging forward with a wild swing, and then pausing to catch my balance. Sure, the damage is pretty good, but it feels like I'm just standing there before and after my swing, waiting for someone to hit me
  4. I probably need to remap the heavy attack key because my middle mouse button/wheel is a lot slower than the left mouse button

Smite Corrupted is pretty good in Circuit,  because all the enemies you care about there are  Corrupted,  but I understand.  I too can't be bothered to run faction mods.

Quickening can help with building up combo,  as well as attack speed.    It might be a better choice than Killing Blow. 40% faster attacks and 20% more combo per attack. 

But I agree that I wouldn't main Nami Solo.   

Edited by hyzmarca

3 hours ago, Lotus-123 said:

So you've got to do a bunch of light attacks, then start the heavy attacks once you hit 6x

Not really. Have you tried slam spam?

incarnon mode for melee weapons isn't clearly indicated in the hud, and doesn't appear to work at all in Duviri

It is not indicated when its active, but it is indicated when it not active when you are above x6 treshhold. Other options of recognition is attempting to use any special move the weapon in incarnon mode may have. Nami mostly increases range, so it is hard to check for. It works in Duviri just fine, was using Furax Wraith and Sancti Magistar.

I probably need to remap the heavy attack key because my middle mouse button/wheel is a lot slower than the left mouse button

I broke my scroll soon after Penant/Reaper Prime became a thing. Rebound it to my side button in the Mouse Setup. This way I can still used Mouse3 in other games.

Have in mind there is setting to change repeated buttons presses from TAP to HOLD. Have not tested it yet, but may be a good idea for stuff like Atlas/Khora.

Edited by Zakkhar