Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incarnon Nami Solo needs this

BluntRollerBobby

Hey!

I wanted to provide feedback regarding one of the latest Incarnon genesis weapon, the one being Nami Solo, as it seems there possibly could've been misunderstanding in creating this weapon. I found almost no posts regarding this weapon, but have heard that piece of feedback all around the people who chose to use this weapon.

TLDR: Change Slam Damage Fall Off increase on that weapon to Follow Through.

Below are my reasons and arguments why this is necessary:

My point of feedback is to possibly change one of the evolution tree perks, the one specifically being Evolution 3 "With Only a Melee Weapon Equipped: Increase Fall Off by +60%" to providing the Follow Through instead of slam damage fall off increase, and here are the reasons for it:

1. Incredible Cost for Miniscule Benefit.
In order to utilize this perk, you have to completely abandon the rest of your loadout, relying only on your Warframe powers and this weapon, which in its current state is an average melee weapon that is sure competent with added stats, but has nothing spectacular going for it, the fall off damage reduction increase is just not justifiable under any circumstances and makes absolutely no sense, not only it restricts your gameplay and options, the benefit that you get for it is extremely questionable in its current state. Slams attack are never used for killing, they are not optimal and their dps is just below average, increasing the possible coverage of that does absolutely nothing in the way this weapon plays. The weapon must be very impressive to justify abandoning 2/3 of your loadout. 

2. Absolute Lack of Synergy.
This specific incarnon perk has absolutely no synergy with any other bonuses in its tree or incarnon form whatsoever, the only one, aside from raw stat increase that affects all parts of the weapon, is +30% attack speed on equip, which is almost unnoticeable for slam attacks, there are no synergies with finishers for slam attacks, there are no bonuses for slam attacks as it was for Magistar (please help that weapon too, it's kinda sad), there is absolutely nothing that incentivizes to abandon more optimal traditional ways of building this weapon and utilize Fall Off perk.

Nami Solo has no special "powers" unlike Skana's radial stun on finisher (please make it work on ground finishers, Crimson Dervish would love that), or Furax's heat field (please buff it, it does nothing, aside window of Heavy Attack efficiency), or Ceramic Dagger's throwable projectiles, the only somewhat unique bonus it gets is +3 range (the Bo shares the same thing, and it suffers super hard and makes no sense due to terrible follow through) and as we know, this does not apply to slam attacks, but you know what stat synergizes great with it? That's right - the follow through - you get more range, you hit more people, and the damage no longer gets cut as hard, so there is the reason for abandoning your entire loadout and trusting into one machete. One of the popular ways of using machete is heavy attacking, and with great boost to follow through, it would be actually unique weapon.

3. Complete Absence of Identity.

As was mentioned in the previous chapter, this weapon has absolutely nothing unique about it, there is no exceptional default stats, there is no unique gimmick, and if we're talking incarnon there is absolutely nothing that transforms this weapon and makes it feel unique or stand out, nothing even meme worthy, it's just a machete under a mask of Pirate Sword. The only bonus of going incarnon is us getting bonus stats, which result in additional damage, but if we wanted to make that weapon work, we could use any other damage or stat buff externally, you could add Critical /Status chance and Bonus damage very easy, it's not even rare anymore. Considering the time and investment it takes for a person to reach incarnon weapons, you are basically required to beat the entire story of the game, unlock steel path, farm multiple hours of resources and circut waves to get your hands on it and in the end getting just a machete, that's super disappointing.

My point here is to make this weapon unique, make it feel like you're clashing the wave with every swing, and I'm not talking making the legendary Kunnka sword from Dota, that hits nearby enemies harder than the original target, following it with crushing tidal wave, which probably was the inspiration here, that would cost way too many resources for sound and animation, but just making that you slice all enemies hard, and it feels like a crushing wave when you wield the Pirate Sword would be enough. Think of the possibility if it was the first weapon with follow through more than 1, it would actually be unique, and too finicky, and setup specific to make any real abuse out of it or bring it to overpowered territory, but even trying to utilize this perk, to its best would make you be very strategic about your positioning, and always be mindful of range, which would already be a great unique way of playing and getting rewarded when done correctly. 

4. Possible internal miscommunication.
This one is just my speculation and I would digress immediately if that wasn't the case, but here's my understanding on why this machete happened to be the way it is. You guys are a big studio now and there are a lot of people working, the more people, the harder it is to have easy communication. What I'm getting at is that we've seen Magistar initially having its Follow Through buff to be listed as Fall Off, which actually wasn't that bad of a stat on big smashing hammer, considering if other perks support it, and at the time while being skeptical, seeming to be not totally ridiculous and possibly having an avenue of unusual play style. With Nami Solo however, it just seems absolutely wrong and useless, it does nothing, and my initial intuitive feeling when I saw the stats listed to be the same misinterpretation of a stat, considering we had it before, only to find out after some testing, that the stat indeed works as Radial Slam Fall Off Damage increase, and be completely disappointed. So maybe this whole situation is just a miscommunication and the Weapon Design team as talented as they are envisioned this weapon to actually be a unique clashing waves legendary pirate sword it deserves to be? Only you could find out.

This has been big and long enough to immediately be ignored by anyone who isn't as passionate about the game as I am, but my hopes are that whoever delivers the feedback will find it constructive and detailed enough to justify that very needed change to a weapon to make the game we love even more enjoyable.

Edited by BluntRollerBobby

I agree with you slam falloff would be absurd.  But you're certain that it affects slam fall-off?  In the Simulacrum with that perk selected, it makes no difference in my slam AoE damage at range whether I have other weapons equipped or not.

Based on the testing on the Magistar by @(NSW)AegisFifi it seems most plausible Follow Through is the intended target of that perk on both weapons.  However, unlike Magistar, it's not working on Nami Solo at all.  I tested with and without other weapons equipped, in both modes.

I would just add that even when it gets fixed, the condition will feel pretty bad to me.  It's a really powerful perk obviously, especially in Incarnon mode.  But a less onerous condition that doesn't actively reduce play options would be so much more appealing, even at the cost of some amount of the Follow Through bonus.  (The amount of which makes me wonder if a Follow Through sanity check might be the source of the bug.  The Magistar's 100% bonus changes its Follow Through from 0.4 to 0.8.  In the Nami's case  0.7 * 1.6 =1.12.)

One other, slightly offtopic thing I'll mention about another perk, Master's Flourish  hp regen.  This is currently supplying 20 hp/sec constantly rather than 20% hp/sec on Finishers and should get fixed.  But my real point is that I think the Finisher condition might have been considered with the idea of Machete heavy attacks having a Finisher Opener.  This used to be true, but at some point was removed with no documentation.

I'd love to get this back on Machete heavies.  If that's not in the cards, changing the condition to allow Ground Finishers as well (Assuming they won't work, which they don't in the case of Innodem's finisher perks.) would make it more useful and accessible.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of key things got fixed / changed with the update yesterday:

Masters Flourish: Regen on Finisher.  Partially fixed. Was providing constant 20hp per second regen without finishers. Now does it only on finishers, but still only 20hp per sec for 10 sec rather than the stated 20% hp per sec for 10 sec. Only front/back/stealth finishers work, not ground finishers or mercy kills. I'd love it they made it a percentage, added ground finishers.  And, though this isn't pertinent just to the Nami, they should add the finisher opener back to Machete  heavy attack.  This and the one on Sparring got removed at some point without documentation, so possibly accidentally.

Lone Blade: 60% Fall Off. Fixed and clarified. Wording was "With Only a Melee Weapon Equipped" but the word "only" was removed. Still says "Fall Off" but provides 100% Follow Through as long as melee is force equipped. Which is ******* awesome. Technically not exactly fixed, as 0.7 * 1.6 = 112% Follow Through, but FT is probably capped. I think they should change the wording to "Sets Follow Through to 100%". One very minor note, we can't force equip unless we have at least one range weapon slotted so the perk won't work in that case.

One other oddity, perhaps a bug, perhaps not: Brigand's Frenzy +30% Attack Speed is an absolute bonus. Whatever the modded attack speed is, it adds 30%. This is the same as before the patch.

I'll do a bug report too, but I'd consider this a pretty fantastic weapon with the Lone Blade perk now.  Huge range and 100% FT, haha.  If force equipping is too much hassle, the other two perks are still decent.

Edited by Tiltskillet