Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Volt Ideas

PsiWarp

Recently went back to watch the official cinematic for nostalgia feels. I saw that Volt zap enemies with forked lightning and thought, he could be that cool if only... since Excal and Mag got their little buffs, Volt's Shock only got an energy discount, DE please?

Here's a few suggestions:

Shock

• Each successful hit returns 3 energy to Volt (or the Subsumed frame).
    • A Shock aimed at a surface can return 15 energy, or a targeted Shock could return 18. Let it be affected by Ability Strength and Shock goes from only-relevant with Shock Trooper augment to a nice spammy energy restore Helminth ability. It's also a nice aid to baby Volts who want to cast abilities often.

Discharge

• Hold-cast once to continuously zap forked lightning in a cone in front of Volt for 5 seconds (Ability Duration moddable). Each enemy you sweep the forked lightning over will become tesla coils.
    • Imagine running around with Speed, hand out zapping enemies you run by. The power fantasy here mixed with his innate mobility.
    • Attaching this hold-cast to Discharge lets you keep using Shock Trooper on Shock if you so wish.

I do remember a trailer where Volt continuously shocks an enemy, which we can't do in the game. The Electric Kuva Lich has a similar ability to the one shown in the trailer, so there is no need to develop something new and it could be given to Volt. Unfortunately, it wouldn't work well with Warframe.

First off, their ability roots them in place which isn't desired in such a mobility focused game on a mobility focused frame no less, but let's say we allow movement while the ability is used.

Second, holding a channeled ability that limits your hands like this would mean we can't use our weapons, which also isn't desired because they do significantly more damage than the ability can do even with best mods.

Even if we do allow using weapons in the right hand while the left hand is using the ability, holding the ability, aiming, shooting, and moving all at the same time is too much to ask for with the current control scheme.

Doing a quick cast of small AoE CC that can be used while reloading is pretty good as it is, so I wouldn't change it even though I also think having some sort of Force Lightning would be epic.

I agree with the first option, not that Volt has a hard time managing energy, but I just can't say no to energy generation, plus he's the electricity Warframe and if you've ever played or heard of Infamous, you'd know that one of the main abilities of Cole was to absorb nearby electrical sources to gain energy.