Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Text and Icons in menus randomly flickering after Kullervo Update

Zendadaist

As the title. When I'm in a menu such as Arsenal or Arcanes, randomly some of the text and icons (but NOT the images of the mods, the warframe, background items such as orbiter decorations etc) will briefly flicker. The affected bits are all Text and Icons, and that includes the Drain display on mods, the Frame ability icons and the School symbols. It also includes the Arcane images themselves, curiously.

This is new as of the main update today, and extremely unwelcome! I have not changed anything about my setup since I played last night when all was fine.

• Like 11

I have been experiencing this same issue since the Kullervo update dropped.
Using a RTX 3080 with latest drivers + DX12 and the enhanced graphics engine.

I recorded a video to show some examples of the screen flickering I'm experiencing, some noticeable examples of the issue being large black flashes around the center of the screen (happens around 0:26 and 0:37) and flashing upon text.

Edited by ChirithyChi
added video link that demonstrates the bug
  • Like 4

On 2023-06-24 at 6:24 AM, ChirithyChi said:

I recorded a video to show some examples of the screen flickering I'm experiencing, some noticeable examples of the issue being large black flashes around the center of the screen (happens around 0:26 and 0:37) and flashing upon text.

That video shows EXACTLY how it happens to me too. Also toggling between enhanced and classic renderer does not help, even though the flickering seems to happen less often with classic renderer. Again, there is no problem using DX11 with classic or enhanced renderer.

• Like 3

I posted in another topic about this exact thing but will add my support in here too. Using DX12 with enhanced renderer and the flashes started happening with the Kullervo update. It has not been fixed with any of the hotfixes. Took a video showing it is only Warframe that flickers, not anything else:

Image showing that the UI remains visible when the black flashes occur:

DgsijFm.png

I've tried clearing cache, messing with in game settings, verifying and optimizing in the launcher, updating drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling Warframe. Nothing gets rid of the flickering when using DX12.

Edited by Soleile
  • Like 1

Can confirm this has been happening to me as well but only specifically on DX12, DX11 doesn't have any flicker issues. 

I am seeing this on my 2080 super and with 2 separate CPUs. (R5 3600x and R7 3700x). Several driver updates later and it is still happening. 

I updated my nvidia drivers to to studio driver 536.67 and the black flashes and UI flickers seem to at least be happening less often now. They are still happening, but I can go like 15-20 min between occurrences.

• 2 weeks later...

After the Echoes of Duviri update, the black flashes and UI flickering has returned to happening as much, if not more than, how often it was first happening with Kullervo's update. Especially when there are a lot of things on screen or I am in a menu like the modding screen or inbox.

I will try with nvidia driver 528.49 but not today, as the game decided to softlock again when accessing a hack console so I had to alt+f4 and won't bother launching the game today again, but I'll check it tomorrow morning.

This has been a consistent issue since coming back to the game 5~ months ago. If DX12 and the enhanced engine are turned on then there is texture flickering everywhere. This does not happen in any other games whatsoever.

Is there a reason this issue isint even getting a mention from staff?

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Soleile said:

Still happening as of 33.6.5. Out of ideas as to what is causing it. Happens with any combo of settings, both fully maxed out and absolute minimum. Verifying files or updating drivers does nothing.

Yep, still happening here as well. It is the most noticeable for me in steelpath runs where enemies shoot at me a lot, I can see the whole screen actually flicker. The text and menu flickering is still also present and I have updated the NVIDIA drivers to the latest 537.13 WHQL.

• Like 1

Still no idea what is causing it but managed to get a shot that might show a better idea of what happens during the black "flashes." 

Normal:

JdniPiI.png

Flash:

kSJRci8.png

Can still see Xaku and the UI but it is like all the lights have been turned off.

It has been flickering more often for me since the update for tennocon/dog days. This particular instance had a few moments where it flickered around 4-5 times in quick succession all while just sitting at the menu but I wasn't able to catch that many when I tried to record it. I am also still getting the white flashbangs but they are very rare, and have not managed to get a screenshot like this to see if it behaves the same as the other flashes. I can somewhat ignore the mild UI flickering but it is getting a bit annoying with the game randomly deciding to blink/flashbang me all the time.

On 2023-06-24 at 11:24 AM, ChirithyChi said:

I have been experiencing this same issue since the Kullervo update dropped.
Using a RTX 3080 with latest drivers + DX12 and the enhanced graphics engine.

you do realize using dx12 and enhanced gpu graphics option is still very experimental right?

maybe not with rtx 4070 and some serious amd cpu and at least guadcore to support or specific gaming cpu/gpu better not use enhanced.

usually only streamers do that or DE themselves. if u are content twitch streamer then maybe u could. but i wouldnt bet on it. running on dx11 with classic is just fine