Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What about plants for all the plant pots we already have?

PublikDomain

Plant check! My tomatoes hunger for the light:

LDItGjJ.jpg

If I could do this in a week, DE, you could add some plant models as decorations in two months.

On 2023-09-19 at 7:33 PM, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

pantera GIF  + rubber plant GIF by nullbody = Plantera?

I will name them Plantera. And then I will cull them. 🤘

Anyways, day 60 of having no plants to put in these plant pots despite numerous plant models already existing in the game some for many, many years:

A1oavOp.png

Day 61 and we're wandering down the hill:

ci3PDw1.png

Day 62 of not having any plants to put in our pots:

1FR87tE.png

Day 63 of having no plants for out pots:

XbIBfVj.png

Somehow I always land on night time... 🤔

An early Day 64 of having no plantas para las plantadoras:

HaJtvE6.png

That rock kind of looks like a frog...

Day 65 of Frog:

4TYmYDW.png

Also:

T7V24oX.png thank-you.gif

Back in business!

Day 66 of not having any plants for our plant pots:

aObK6AA.png

Day 67 of placing 67 empty jars of dirt.

lASTefz.png

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 1

I'm fine with not needing a complex growing system and just a pretty pre-grown plant that is ready to go in the pot is fine with me.  Anything besides the empty pots is better at this point.  It does seem foolish to offer pots, with dirt no less, without something to put in them.  I mean it's not like we are demanding a complete re-balancing of the game or anything right?  They have all the plant decorations for the Dojo that are already made so why can't they port them over to our Orbiter?  Perplexing indeed!

• Like 2

Bit disappointing such a simple thing an important gameplay feature wasn't brought up in this devstream, but I will persist.

It's Sunday - and Sunday is for the plants!

B5o7iIT.jpg

Publik's Sage Advice #3: Start your more vulnerable plants indoors like I have here. The back of the seed packet will recommend how to start them, whether it's like this or just directly into your garden. When starting from seed, one helpful strategy is to plant multiple seeds per square and then remove the slower or less sturdy sprouts. I'll cull these back even further when it comes time to plant them outdoors.

Anyways, day 68 (or whatever idk the incessant comment merges have thrown me off) or having none of this ⬆ for any of these ⬇:

Thg6rmI.png

Day 69: Nice.

nvnTYOH.png

Day 70 of DE adding plant pots to the game without remembering to add plants to put in them:

RdcHX3L.png

Day 71 of not having any plants to put in any of these planters:

bb4vC83.png

Day 72: Plantera is slowly taking shape!

oJB5c5y.png

Day 73 of no plants for our pots.

mlJRyLF.png

Day 74 of this chaos:

xyk2Hbv.png

New Sunday, new plant post.

9sYPqOh.jpg

If I can grow plants so can you, DE!

Day 75 of this half-implemented farming system idea:

0Cpk0I2.png

Day 76 of empty plant pots planted every day there's nothing to plant in them:

tqLzrhn.png

77 days of not having any plants to put in these plant pots:

mzthbkS.png

78 days and 78 empty plant pots:

VCz0yuc.png

Day 79 of empty pots and empty systems:

yExUWgP.png

Day 80, and down the hill we go:

QwjpxL2.png

Day 81 of DE adding plant pots but forgetting to add plants to put in those pots:

7aFxN7d.png

Sunday plant check:

7aGxhD0.jpg

By day 110 or so these puppies will be in the ground.

Day 82 of planting a plant pot every day there's nothing to plant in the plant pots:

rMYat7s.png

Day 83 of matching the framing completely unintentionally:

tXARAAE.png

Day 84, and tomorrow is patch day! Will there be plants to put in our pots? One can only hope!

9XtGSaL.png

Day 85, and as expected there are no new plants. Boo!

vO3bnpa.png

Day 86: bought more pots to put nothing into:

s3zWWUA.png

Spoiler

8w0RTcN.png

Payday bay-bee!

Day 87 of DE not remembering that plants should probably go inside plant pots:

oZLNptn.png

Day 88 of never-ending dirt.

NWsHEnj.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-10-15 at 5:44 PM, SolStreak said:

you could say I am desperate too 

image.png

They're nice, and I have a few in my Orbiter. The Duviri wall hangars are pretty great too. But I need more!

ozCzRdg.png

Which is a good reminder that I should probably also be asking for an empty wall hangar too.

---

Anywho, another Sunday, another plant check!

u3mgrTc.png

And while I'm at it Publik's Sage Advice #4: If you forget to water your seedlings like I did this week and they all droop over all dead-like, don't worry! Plants are pretty resilient, so as long as you don't let them dry out completely they can usually recover. Give them some water and get their leaves off the dirt and they should bounce back within a few hours. And if you want to avoid this happening, do what I didn't do and keep some water at the base of your starters. The water will soak up into the dirt and keep it nice and moist, and should give you a few days of wiggle room to be forgetful. Forgetful... like DE forgetting to add any plants to go with all these plant pots.

Day 89 of the slow march of chaos:

RYtpkaI.png

Day 90, almost a quarter of a year of there not being any plants to go with these plant pots!

vpn3M5g.png

Day 91 and the pots have reached the water.

abDoOpu.png

Day 92 of littering Kahl's camp:

S2Av0Lg.png

Day 93 of sticking pots where they don't belong:

XXzGmLb.png

Day 94, if only I could pay to skip DE forgetting to add plants for these plant pots:

tAd6UMf.png

Day 95 of sticking buckets of dirt on the wall:

DEv5aHK.png

Edited by PublikDomain

В 23.10.2023 в 05:03, PublikDomain сказал:

They're nice, and I have a few in my Orbiter. The Duviri wall hangars are pretty great too. But I need more!

ozCzRdg.png

Which is a good reminder that I should probably also be asking for an empty wall hangar too.

---

Anywho, another Sunday, another plant check!

u3mgrTc.png

And while I'm at it Publik's Sage Advice #4: If you forget to water your seedlings like I did this week and they all droop over all dead-like, don't worry! Plants are pretty resilient, so as long as you don't let them dry out completely they can usually recover. Give them some water and get their leaves off the dirt and they should bounce back within a few hours. And if you want to avoid this happening, do what I didn't do and keep some water at the base of your starters. The water will soak up into the dirt and keep it nice and moist, and should give you a few days of wiggle room to be forgetful. Forgetful... like DE forgetting to add any plants to go with all these plant pots.

Day 89 of the slow march of chaos:

RYtpkaI.png

Day 90, almost a quarter of a year of there not being any plants to go with these plant pots!

vpn3M5g.png

lmao, casual warframe experience, no feedback from devs, everything gets forgotten right after getting in game XD

• Like 1

On 2023-10-24 at 1:53 PM, eidobruh said:

lmao, casual warframe experience, no feedback from devs, everything gets forgotten right after getting in game XD

And farming was apparently a larger feature that got cut for time, hence the pseudo-farming we actually got in Teshin's cave.

It's Sunday, and Sunday means a new plant check!

YbcJH97.jpg

These guys are about ready to be culled and go into the garden. To prepare for that, I'll be hardening them off. Publik's Sage Advice #5: "hardening" is the process of preparing your indoor plants for their new life outdoors. All this really involves is leaving them outside for longer and longer periods of time. That's kinda it's really. These guys will hang out on top of my recycle bin for a few hours and then get progressively more outside time and more direct sun throughout the week.

Day 96 of growing my own damned plants to put in all these empty plant pots:

jCDy50X.png

Day 97 of protesting the lack of this critical feature:

5cU2Kkh.png

Day 98 of DE not adding any pumpkins for our pumpkin patches:

t9ATfdX.png

Day 99, tomorrow is a big milestone!

t47Wmss.png

Day 100! Which milestone should I pick? Nothing, nothing, or nothing?? I can't decide!

X98H62s.png

Day 101: none are safe

McrHyOZ.png

And a preemptive Day 102 since I will be out of town:

rDjpave.png

Also DE are incredibly lame for not only failing to add more plants to the game, but also removing plants from the game. The Dullahan Mask did nothing wrong.

New Sunday, new plant-post:

MLlXx0r.jpg

There's been nothing to put in our plant pots ingame for so long that I've grown my own plants and planted them into my own empty plant pots in less time.

And a little Publik's Sage Advice #5: when planting tomatoes, you want to plant them as deeply as possible to give them a head start on growing deep roots. Pluck off the smaller leaves and stems along the base and then dig a big hole. The little hairs on tomato stems won't actually turn into roots, but other cells along their stems will! I've planted three varieties: Redcurrant, Sweetie, and Chocolate. I'm also keeping all of the other tomatoes I started inside to use as backups in case something happens.

Anyways, Day 103 of DE being slower than a plant:

zCwzCRe.png

Day 104 of sticking pots on NPCs heads.

VFkWQa1.png

Day 105. None will be spared.

lwrTF1m.png

106 days ago I started placing a plant pot for each day there weren't any plants to put in them. How time flies!

zEBw5q3.png

Day 107 of restructuring:

mlgEUVO.png

I'm going to be out of town for up to a week attempting to fill my first deer tag (woo), so I'm going to do some early plant-posting.

Sunday Friday is for the plants! Not much to say about the tomatoes, but here are some new characters for this anime arc:

3j7JCBa.png

These are Serrano and Pablano pepper transplants, which I got from that orange home improvement store. Transplants are fun in particular because you can just try them out. If you see something that looks interesting, buy a few and give it a go. They're also really easy: remove from container, drop in dirt. For bonus points you can loosely tie them to a support. After that if they live they live, and if they die they die. I am a cruel master.

Day 108 of placing plant pots in the tiny hopes of DE remembering to add something to put in them:

cmGUOlO.png

109 days or thereabouts of planting my daily pots:

TuQnfFS.png

Day 110. Y'know, my grandmother was a potter. I wonder if that's where I get it...?

fZx4pCf.png

Day 111. Trips!

16FSmFc.png

Day 112 of placing plant pots in the vague shape of other games logos. Wouldn't it be funny if Wayfinder had plants to place before Warframe?

6rwWPaB.png

Day 113 of plant-posting from the future:

5XjZo21.png

Day 114, and by now I should be back home.

FOtya1n.png

See you next Friday!

Day 115 of not being very good at hunting large game:

WSAY2pN.png

Day 116 of also not being very good at hunting small game:

F6fDx9r.png

It's Sunday, and you know what that means!

T5z0kC7.png

The tomatoes are doing quite happily, and I managed to rehome all of my backups! I'll let these guys go for a bit before tying them to stakes like my peppers and then it's pretty much hands-off until harvest. My first row of lettuces are also starting to come up.

Day 117 of DE not bothering to add any plants to give all the plant pots they added a purpose:

3kbvkho.png

Day 118. This is what was never given to us. This is what we could have.

vv7XDlU.png

Day 119. Let the plants inside already, they're cold!

w7G53ls.png

Day 120, just about four whole months of protest with no end in sight. Good thing I've got plenty of pots!

3rnJq7Y.png

Day 121. Happy Thanksgiving! Not sure what the Tenno eat at Thanksgiving but it sure as hek doesn't include green bean casserole, sweet potato pie, cornbread, or any other vegetable-inclusive dish. Y'know, since we still can't grow anything.

32D2XQK.png

What a sad spread...

Day 122 of not having any potatoes to make mashed potatoes from:

FDq9jGt.png

123 days of placing a plant pot every day DE continues to forget to add plants to put in them:

78whLqL.png

Sunday! Plants!

dE8r0Ez.jpg

Day 124 of placing a plant pot per diem as a plea for plants that can be procured:

Rp2z6Kd.png

Day 125 of random unsolicited thread merges:

6ldZv9n.png

Day 126 still having nothing to put in all these plant pots:

7V0lTMy.png

Day 127 of ongoing chaos:

9kI99Po.png

Day 128: two birds with one stone!

xBbBYoK.png

129 days of planting plant pots. Will the upcoming update relieve me of my duties?

IYTt0Ug.png

Day 130: probably not.

Bl13ynO.png

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

A nice new Sunday, a nice new plant-post.

h5Pz9Js.png

131 days of placing a daily plant pot in protest of still having nothing to put in them:

wQvw6Nc.png

Day 132, fresh and clean.

Kr89oiu.png

Day 133 of not being "time to move on":

WHHMMqM.png

Day 134 of placing empty plant pots in protest. r/decks called.

Ou1uyWI.png

Day 135 wishing for some greenery:

6AwzAYX.png

Day 136 trying to find something to use all these plant pots for:

PCWM7YT.png

Day 137: I guess that's something to use the pots for.

drEEt2q.png

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 1

On 2023-12-07 at 7:08 AM, (XBOX)Just Bagg It said:

This needs addressing. How can I build my orbiter into a greenhouse if all these pots are empry DE?

Sad part is we already have plenty for Dojo decoration :(

---

Anyways, Sunday, plants, etc. 🍅🥬

mK7htMG.jpg

Day 138 of having nothing green for our greenhouses, and placing daily plant pots until that changes:

A0IPfy3.png

Day 139 of HHHHNNNNNGHOUSEREPAIRSUCKSICANTUSEMYPC:

3e5cQQK.png

Day 140 of OHGODPLEASESTOPFINDINGNEWPROBLEMS:

BZWPCur.png

Day 141 of almost being done with repairs:

HJj5LS3.png

Day 142 of DE adding the right thing to the wrong place:

lRVGkFK.png

DE finally adding some plants that fit these plant pots, only for them to be Dojo decorations which can't even be used with the pots they're made for, is just...

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

143 days of planting plant pots until we have plants to put in them:

mObEVjj.png

Day 144 of this nonsense:

41tm0Gh.png

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-12-19 at 11:06 AM, BadDawgDavis said:

You really are doing god's work.

I guess I gotta give the people what they want.

Sunday Wednesday is for the plants:

yF9LVP9.jpg

It's getting a little chilly at night so they're getting a light cover. The leafy greens are almost ready to be turned into salads and the peppers in the other bed are doing nicely.

On 2023-12-19 at 11:06 AM, BadDawgDavis said:

I bought SO many of them when they said they were going to allow planting in the pots.... and then just didnt. SO Now I have two dozen pots around my orbitor and outside and... its just dirt. 

And then they added plants for the pots this update but only for Dojos.

9351_wheeze.png

Puts this thread in a bit of a weird spot because they did something about this horrible discrepancy but only kind of and in a rather useless way?

So I'll plant a few more empty pots. Days 145-149:

rgdFCWF.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2024-01-07 at 12:21 PM, Zeku said:

Hey, ummm...

How are your plants doing? I'm worried about you, since the last post was from December 21st.

How's new year treating you so far?

And with that you've activated my trap card!

Sunday Monday is for the plants!

DfuEyj1.jpg

I have a few early tomatoes coming in, though it'll be a while still until they're ripe. It's also dropping below freezing this week which has already hit the peppers in the other box pretty hard. Everything is bundled up under some extra sheets now so I'll just have to baby them through it. You can also see my leafy greens poking in on the right. These are far enough along that I can start making meals from them, and my lunches this week are salads picked from the garden. These don't need as much babying because they're cold weather crops to begin with.

As for my ingame crops, there remain none.

Days 150-169 (nice) of not having any ingame crops (not nice):

9isTqvS.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, jitJet said:

This man is singlehandedly keeping the Duvirian pottery economy alive

Nana would be proud.

---

Deep from my sleep I have been summoned for another plant check!

m7zId6F.png

The tomatoes survived the last few cold weeks, the peppers... did not. Oof, I also made the mistake of buying one of those big tubs of mixed greens from the store. I just need to bulk out my salads a little, he said! It'll be fine, he said! I definitely won't make the exact same mistake as last year and end up with far too much to eat, he said! I'll give some to the neighbors...

Days 171-183 of eating nothing but garden weeds:

GAPMckG.png

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

bringing back this thread cus im sad theres still no plants

Oh no, don't do this to me! Now I have to plant all the pots I've been putting off! Guh, from January?

For days 275-403 I'll have to wait for Acrythis to go on sale, but for now:

Days 183-274 of having no garden.

mMtTIu5.png

CAfqWkw.png

Well that's a problem... Good thing I have a Dormizone to fill! Time to start a grow-lab!

ooUtkJM.png

Nothing much to share for my real garden. My tomato harvest was bountiful, and I made many tomato-based products, like dried tomatoes and ketchup. Also, tomato syrup and candied tomatoes! Pack your tomatoes in sugar and leave them for 3 months or so, then separate the sugar/syrup and the tomatoes. Dry the tomatoes in the oven at its lowest setting for a while, then toss in more sugar. For the syrup toss it in a pot and melt the remaining sugar down. Both were surprisingly good! The syrup was perfect for making candied bacon.

vjCINrk.png

But alas, my garden is currently barren. I need to get my watering system replaced. 😞

---

Days 275-305 of touching grass:

lJIpr2g.png

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 2

Le 29/08/2024 à 16:44, PublikDomain a dit :

Oh no, don't do this to me! Now I have to plant all the pots I've been putting off! Guh, from January?

For days 275-403 I'll have to wait for Acrythis to go on sale, but for now:

Days 183-274 of having no garden.

mMtTIu5.png

CAfqWkw.png

Well that's a problem... Good thing I have a Dormizone to fill! Time to start a grow-lab!

ooUtkJM.png

Nothing much to share for my real garden. My tomato harvest was bountiful, and I made many tomato-based products, like dried tomatoes and ketchup. Also, tomato syrup and candied tomatoes! Pack your tomatoes in sugar and leave them for 3 months or so, then separate the sugar/syrup and the tomatoes. Dry the tomatoes in the oven at its lowest setting for a while, then toss in more sugar. For the syrup toss it in a pot and melt the remaining sugar down. Both were surprisingly good! The syrup was perfect for making candied bacon.

vjCINrk.png

But alas, my garden is currently barren. I need to get my watering system replaced. 😞

---

Days 275-305 of touching grass:

lJIpr2g.png

I just discovered this thread on the forum, and all I have to say to [DE] is...
When plants & flowers for orbiter pots ? O_O
I'm forced to clip full Duviri pots in empty pots, but it could be so much nicer with different plants and flowers !

090bff4629db0056b369fee73f1d82fb.jpg

Edited by Galadryelle
add screenshot
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Galadryelle said:

I just discovered this thread on the forum, and all I have to say to [DE] is...
When plants & flowers for orbiter pots ? O_O
I'm forced to clip full Duviri pots in empty pots, but it could be so much nicer with different plants and flowers !

090bff4629db0056b369fee73f1d82fb.jpg

Yo! That's awesome!

Also friendly reminder that we literally have the plants to put into the long plant pots. But DE in their infinite wisdom made those plants as Dojo decorations. So Dojos, which already have tons of plants, got the plants specifically made to be put into these specific pots... which are not Dojo decorations and need to be permanently donated. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...