Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kullervo Collective Curse crashing the game - Updated

Ksape9901

TLDR: Tested with Kullervo (many 20-60 min runs), Harrow (5 60 min runs), Voruna (6+ hour run, 5 60 min runs), Nidus (2 60 min runs).  Only Kullervo crashes, which makes me believe there's a memory leak or some other issue with his abilities, most likely Collective Curse.  All runs were tested in Circulus, Lua on Steel Path.  All drivers are up to date, tested with various hardware (mouse / keyboard).  

Base Info:

Crash while playing Kullervo upon using his 3rd ability (Collective Curse).  Once chaining it with Wrathful Advance.  In all cases Storm of Ukko is subsumed.

Number of runs: 7

Duration of run: ~25-40 minutes

Issue: As the run keeps getting to the later points, the game mildly slows down, and has minor stutters.  In every single run past the 20-25 minute mark the game has continuously frozen, and then crashed.  

Crash Timing: 

- When using collective curse: 17 times

- When using wrathful advance: 1 times

- General crashes when performing actions: 3 times

Default Case:

Ran a few regular (still steel path) endless missions for both survival, and disruption.  During both missions as a base case I did nothing (subsumed cloak arrow and went afk, with the occasional kills from Wrathful Advance).  There were no issues nor crashes past 1 hour.  

Edit 1:

Added default runs with other frames to verify that this was a Kullervo only issue.  Also made sure all drivers are updated and tested with various different peripherals (mice, keyboard, etc).  

Edit 2:

Tested again to make sure to view resource spending (not via the game but by Windows task manager).  Game ran spending about 3.5GB of RAM for the first 18-25 minutes.  At that point the game dropped to ~1.5GB of RAM for the next ~15 minutes until it crashed.  As soon as game screen froze game jumped back up to 3.5GB for ~15 seconds and then crashed.  Will test again with ingame resource monitoring.

Edited by Ksape9901

On 2023-06-27 at 1:28 PM, Ksape9901 said:

TLDR: Tested with Kullervo (many 20-60 min runs), Harrow (5 60 min runs), Voruna (6+ hour run, 5 60 min runs), Nidus (2 60 min runs).  Only Kullervo crashes, which makes me believe there's a memory leak or some other issue with his abilities, most likely Collective Curse.  All runs were tested in Circulus, Lua on Steel Path.  All drivers are up to date, tested with various hardware (mouse / keyboard).  

Hi Ksape9901, do you see a popup window after these crashes? Or does the game close without any popups? If you do see one, then could you please share the WAR-#### that appears on the last page of that window? It should look something like this:

image.png

If you don't see the crash report window, please submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log that was taken after the game crashed. You can find your log files by reopening the game after it has crashed, clicking the little cogwheel in the top-right corner of the launcher, and selecting Get Logs.

31.png

Once you have your log files, please submit them in a support ticket here with any information related to the crash. We're having some trouble reproducing these crashes on our end, so either a WAR-#### or your log files will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by [DE]Linkski

@[DE]Linkski Hey, just tested it again for you.  Crashed at 22:05 minutes.  Error code: WAR-3737285

I can recreate this 100% of the time with Kullervo, which is forcing me to withdraw at between 20-40 minutes as this is annoying as I can't really test the frame at a high level, and I can't push the builds.  Tested with other frames and easily 2+ hours with nothing happening.

If I crash more often between the 20-40 minute mark I'll update this again with more error codes.

3 hours ago, Ksape9901 said:

@[DE]Linkski Hey, just tested it again for you.  Crashed at 22:05 minutes.  Error code: WAR-3737285

I can recreate this 100% of the time with Kullervo, which is forcing me to withdraw at between 20-40 minutes as this is annoying as I can't really test the frame at a high level, and I can't push the builds.  Tested with other frames and easily 2+ hours with nothing happening.

If I crash more often between the 20-40 minute mark I'll update this again with more error codes.

Thank you! All of this is extremely helpful. We'll try to chase this down on our end.

On 2023-07-05 at 3:31 PM, Ksape9901 said:

As a follow-up, would it be possible to upload a video clip of you fighting some enemies with Kullervo? We're still having trouble reproducing this crash, so we'd just like to see if we're missing something.

Hello, I too have encountered this game crash related to Kullervos' collective curse, while fighting conculysts in Archon exterminate mission and again in simulacrum fighting conculysts with their AI unstopped. (PC player) Error code: WAR-3730158. 

It also crashes 100% of the time just when fighting high level sentients. Which are also present in Circulus on Lua. 

12 minutes ago, dioskuri said:

Hello, I too have encountered this game crash related to Kullervos' collective curse, while fighting conculysts in Archon exterminate mission and again in simulacrum fighting conculysts with their AI unstopped. (PC player) Error code: WAR-3730158. 

It also crashes 100% of the time just when fighting high level sentients. Which are also present in Circulus on Lua. 

Thanks! It looks like a few people have also encountered WAR-3730158, so this gives us lots of new information to work with.

Thanks to everything reported in this thread, we have been able to reproduce this crash on our end, and we are currently working on a fix. Unfortunately, we do not yet have an ETA on a fix, but I can assure you that it's very high on our list.

• Like 1

Hmmm, I don't have any clips.  I'll look into recording something.  I've had this happen while fighting sentients as well as when I wasn't, but I'll go run something today and update this post.  Dioskuri's video is exactly what happens, so I would say it's accurate.

Edit: Error code: WAR-3739769

45 min Lua run.  Bottom line is crashed when I took my time killing sentients.  If I set everything up to insta kill them (aka, they don't line up at the same time as sentients + thrax + acolyte) no crashes on shorter runs.  

@[DE]Linkski Out of curiosity is this bug somehow relates to sentients and stacks up over time (what I mean by this is similar to a memory leak)?  Because looking back at previous crashes, it seems to either happen if I take a while killing sentients as mentioned above, and happens exactly as Dioskuri's video, or if sentients aren't up (or soon to be up) it's only at the 40+ minute mark.

Did a few hour long runs on Sedna, Jupiter, etc for survival.  Definitely seems like a sentient thing as no issues or stutters at all.

Edited by Ksape9901
Adding info.

• 4 months later...

Not sure if this is still being tested but I'm having the opposite effect. On steelpath Lua Circulus, I'm actually causing ALL other players to disconnect from my game. The game does a hard freeze for like 20 seconds, then it unfreezes while everyone else gets disconnected, and I can continue playing as Kullervo with no problems. This happened twice in one game during the first 5 minutes of the survival run. The second players that joined were different from the first.