The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick/fast path - alternative to Steel path

quxier

Steel path is mostly about more damage and more health/armor/shield. Aside Acolytes it's mostly the same.

Quick path would be about speed instead of damage/ehp:

- faster enemy spawn

- faster enemy movement

- eximus' abilities would start & end sooner (blitz shockwave appears earlier, move faster and disappear faster; Energy Leech spawn zones that explode faster, e.g. after 2 seconds instead of 3)

- fire rate is increased (not too much)

One thing I would borrow from SP is bigger enemy spawn.

So it's mostly same mission but that expect you have more skills. Of course they can be trivialized but that's general problem that I won't discuss here.

Rewards:

Rewards would about speed of many aspects of our gear. Name will start with Rapidus from Latin, meaning quick. For example Rapidus rush - upgraded Rush mod.

New gear (I omit "Rapidus" part for brevity unless I change whole name or I introduce new mod):

- Rush: from 60% sprint speed (from 30%). 6-14 drain

- Rapidus Drift (from Speed drift): 4-12 drain, 30% sprint speed & 25% casting speed

- Rapidus Boost (from Sprint boost aura): 2-10 drain, 25% sprint boost

- Rapidus Instant Cast: 7-9 drain, after getting energy/hp orb next 1/2/3 cast are instant. 10 second cooldown

- Rapidus multiple Cast: 7-9 drain, if possible, cast ability 2-4 times, taking 2-4 energy but only time needed for 1 cast (e.g. with rank 0, it can 2x cast 50% armor strip to fully strip enemy)

- Fury: 100% attack speed but 1/4 damage, 4-14 drain

- Quickening: 6-11 drain, 60% attack speed & 30% combo chance

- Spoiled Strike: 4-10 drain, 200% damage but -60% attack speed

- Rapidus Instant strike: 7-10 drain, heavy attack is executed instantly (as fast as possible) but heavy attack has cooldown: 6/9/12/15 second

- Rapidus instant flow: 7-9 drain, heavy attack is executed instantly (same as above) but each attack is slower than previous via 6x/4x/2x. Not heavy attacking for 10 seconds reset heavy attack speed - it may be "instant speed" after 10 seconds OR speeding heavy attack speed to "instant speed" via percentage of not attacking (e.g. 5 seconds of not attacking would restore 1/2 of heavy attack speed)

- Rapidus slam: 7-9 drain, slamming with melee is 2/3/4 times faster

- Rapidus roll: 7-9 drain, rolls takes 85%/70%/55% of current roll time and travel via 85%/70%/55% distance

- Rapidus small jump: 7-9 drain, jumps are 85%/70%/55% of current jump height and takes 85%/70%/55% of current jump time to execute

- Rapidus big jump: 7-9 drain, jumps are 200%/175%/150% of current jump height and takes 100% of current jump time to execute (you jump much faster/quicker)

- Rapidus wall dash: 7-9 drain, wall dash is 2x/3x/4x faster

- Rapidus slide: 7-9 drain, slides are executed 1.5/2.25/3 faster

That's what I can think about. I've not thought about arcanes.

Rewards are droped from enemies. You can trade them.

ps. all values, names etc needs some changes/balances. I wanted them to be better but have some cons (more drain or negatives like "cannot execute heavy attack for some time").

In general some challenge mode with possible weekly rankings /leaderboards is welcomed.

And any reward  be it cosmetic,collectible, arcane, weapon skin, or some new sentinel which be speed based, mods and so on would be fun to do for  change.

The rewards should be divided tradable and non tradable. So people would actualy need to do certain things themselves rather than rely on just buying their way.

Anyways idea sounds like something fun to do to relieve stress imagine having speed enemies and speedva decided to boost them bit more.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

- faster enemy spawn

- faster enemy movement

- eximus' abilities would start & end sooner (blitz shockwave appears earlier, move faster and disappear faster; Energy Leech spawn zones that explode faster, e.g. after 2 seconds instead of 3)

So it's mostly same mission but that expect you have more skills. Of course they can be trivialized but that's general problem that I won't discuss here.

So, Steel Path, but the enemies are squishy so people can lean harder on the Saryn and Mesa nuke skill crutch?

3 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:

- faster enemy spawn

- faster enemy movement

Expand  

So, Steel Path, but the enemies are squishy so people can lean harder on the Saryn and Mesa nuke skill crutch?

First, most WF can be cheesed so there is no point to try hard to avoid it.

Secondly, it's not "Steel paht but". It's more "Normal path" but faster. It's not meant to be next level of SP. It's for people that have beaten normal path and want something more challenging.

40 minutes ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

The rewards should be divided tradable and non tradable. So people would actualy need to do certain things themselves rather than rely on just buying their way.

Forcing people to play is imho not great.

34 minutes ago, quxier said:

Yea, but buying their way to rewards just often lead to complaints of how things are not challenging enough, or simple things which require like 10 rights get deemed hard because cant just buy the way out of the grind.

Game should stick to old fashioned system we all know and hate.  Yet we know exacly how it works, how long it would take and have disliked daily cap for standing. which gives access to shops and better quality things once we rank up higher. 

Like reward locked behind certain time. Finish in 45 seconds you can get 1 type of roward pool, finish in 60 its other, finish in 80 seconds its diff rotation, and the lower the time the worst the rewards. Simple system which focuses on speed, but again would favour select few frames known for speedy actions. 

Game mode where ppl could compete indirectly between themselves for better times and rewards on the side would be fun. But then again same as everything else it be done and forget. 

And as if grinding loot , selling for plat and buying isnt a way to force people play too, but its just lets bypass certain grinds people just dont want to do.

The fake difficulty with timegates, daily caps and so on are the blessing and curse of the game. Preventing burnout in 1 way or forcing break because game not fun for the moment. Later come back and keep on going and repeat the cycle.

6 hours ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:
7 hours ago, quxier said:

Yea, but buying their way to rewards just often lead to complaints of how things are not challenging enough, or simple things which require like 10 rights get deemed hard because cant just buy the way out of the grind.

Game should stick to old fashioned system we all know and hate.  Yet we know exacly how it works, how long it would take and have disliked daily cap for standing. which gives access to shops and better quality things once we rank up higher. 

Like reward locked behind certain time. Finish in 45 seconds you can get 1 type of roward pool, finish in 60 its other, finish in 80 seconds its diff rotation, and the lower the time the worst the rewards. Simple system which focuses on speed, but again would favour select few frames known for speedy actions. 

Game mode where ppl could compete indirectly between themselves for better times and rewards on the side would be fun. But then again same as everything else it be done and forget. 

And as if grinding loot , selling for plat and buying isnt a way to force people play too, but its just lets bypass certain grinds people just dont want to do.

"Plat way" indeed forces you to play, but you need at least interact with game somehow. Using plat is somehow versatile. You can buy prime mods from Baro. Earn Endo via few different missions or trade it. Sell with higher price. You can sell certain arcanes from Syndicates. YOu can gamble with Rivens. And you can pay real money. Choice is yours.

Archived