Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So has DE even acknowledged that skins dont work on incarnons or…?

BIGF0O7

Havent played since i bought a skin with money only to find out it wasnt usable on incarnon form (which shouldnt be a thing considering it isnt as though the weapons transform into another weapon type like the original incarnon weapons do) but have been checking every announcement, every patch note to see if DE mentions the problem. From what ive seen, they havent. Am i wrong in this? Id imagine a company who’s primary revenue source is platinum for the sale of cosmetics would have said something by now so i assume i just missed it. 

Intentional snark and scorn to the devs aside, has DE said anything about this?

As far I can recall, they did mention this once, but I don't know if it got pushed back for other content, I swear I remember hearing about skins being used for incarnon weapons, but this might only apply to the actual weapon itself, not the incarnon forum.

Someone will have to correct me here tho, its been so long

It's a double-edged sword, but personally I like that when my weapon goes into Incarnon Mode, it stops using my skin and looks totally different.  I especially like this with melee weapons, where sometimes it can be hard to tell whether you are in Incarnon Mode or not.  But using a skin on my Bo Prime, I can easily see at a glance which mode I'm in, and that's helpful to me.

I'm very sure they mentioned it, just don't want to dive through a bunch of patchnotes for it. Skins that change the model used to work, until they were changed to not work. But as far as I've noticed, texture reskins like the Lato Day Of the Dead skin are kept when morbing out

chances are the devs didn't want to bother trying to mesh the incarnon form over certain skins, plus it also serves as a clear visual indicator that your weaponry is in Incarnon Form. bearing in mind also that some weapon types like Hammers (Magistar family and Sibear are both genesis compatible) have a LOT of skins. 

Archived