Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why don't we have the option to disable certain controls on controller?

(PSN)adachi_2

If you play on ps4 like i do you have a tochpad which for some reason allows you to use your abilities if you swipe. and if you have big fingers like i do, your probably going to accidentally swipe them and use one of your abilities which can get annoying after sometime so why not just have the ability to disable it some of the controls? 

Im not saying to disable the whole touchpad but just have the ability to disable some of it like for example the left swipe.

More freedom to configure your controls in general would be nice,
not least if you're insane cool like me and have an unorthodox input method like mouse + controller :D

Allow us to do stuff like leave certain functions unbound, have a big warning prompt about it and all if necessary.

Also bring back the option from way back when, where we could leave prompts / icons etc as "PC" at all times
rather than it switching to [insert console here] automatically as soon as a single controller input is registered (or vice versa).

35 minutes ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

you can use the standard method of using abilities which is holding r1 and pressing the symbol buttons.

note you can also customise buttons on the playstation

ok i did a bad job at explaining.

see the main problem is that you can use both r1 and the touchpad ,you cant enable one and disable the other you have to play with. 

Yes you can customize the controls you just cannot remove some of buttons.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to unbind some aspects of the touchpad.  That would probably be a good thing to make a post about in the feedback section.

In the meantime, what I do is try to bind "non-intrusive" actions that I don't need to the swipes I never intend to use, such as Quick Progress View and Gear Hotkey 1 (which I don't have anything mapped to).  Since I've done this for the left, right, and down swipes, I haven't had any issues with the touchpad.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I agree that it would be nice to be able to unbind some aspects of the touchpad.  That would probably be a good thing to make a post about in the feedback section.

In the meantime, what I do is try to bind "non-intrusive" actions that I don't need to the swipes I never intend to use, such as Quick Progress View and Gear Hotkey 1 (which I don't have anything mapped to).  Since I've done this for the left, right, and down swipes, I haven't had any issues with the touchpad.

i literally forgot feedback was a thing. thanks for the tip

Archived