Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New protea augment [Temporal Erosion] is kind of bad

-DeathOverLord-

59 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

You mean Caliban. Mate didn't even get a single balance patch since release I think.

His 4 used to scatter enemies on impact.  A post-launch update changed it so it pulls enemies in.  Does he need more developer attention?  Absolutely.  Razor Gyre is an embarrassment.  Lethal Progeny is too costly to maintain and the minions still bodyblock us.  Caliban also should have flying movement animations like Titania or Wisp.

• 5 months later...

I just came here to support a fellow protea lover, I just want to say that I dislike getting forcefully teleported 10km away from my squad just because I forgot to keep an eye on my ability duration. which makes me feel discouraged to bring her into run and gun mission or open world. for now protea will be stuck on my list of WF to bring on missions that has defending objectives. I love protea for her turrets, but in order for me to utilize it to its fullest potential, I have to use the augment, which involves me having to use her 4th ability. don't get me wrong, the ability is great, but in order for me to use the ability, I have to constantly keep my attention on the duration of the 4th ability in order for me to not get teleported somewhere forcefully. I have ADHD, and when I have to constantly keep an eye on the ability while missing out the fun of her turrets mowing down a group of enemies, I dislike the WF. My suggestion is to either remove the teleport part of the ability (which is bad because its part of her lore of travelling back in time) or change how the augment's synergy with the turret while removing the teleport part of the ability. Thanks for reading MY opinion. 

• Like 1

On 2023-07-27 at 6:08 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

at least Protea's getting augments.. my boi Sevagoth still has nothing.

*Caliban

My dude hasn’t seen a single bit of new content outside of a new tennogen helmet. Poor man

In regards for the post… her fourth is terrible… and an augment on her fourth would have to be so stupidly good it might as well have been her fourth. 

Edited by Aruquae

• 3 months later...

Temporal Erosion is an Ok augment for someone that does not want to use Helminth Abilities. But I wonder why she can't pause her other three abilities while Temporal Anchor is active. I know that this is similar to Xaku 4th, but c'mon, Protea is the time stop warframe. This change alone would solely justify using Temporal Erosion and not subsuming something that can group things for her 2nd ability.

• Like 1

Augments good. The ability isn't. The rewind, imo, should only trigger on death or by tapping the ability again. The default ending for the ability should be it just ends without a tp.

If you are in a mission that progresses, moving backwards is just bad in wf, and eventually you'll forget to cancel the ability one time and do the walk of shame.

And in stationary missions, dispensary fuels your energy economy more than enough.

• Like 1

Since this thread is resurfacing i'm here to support the opinion of OP and say that the augment is good but it's trying to force protea's worst ability and subsume slot on us so it's garbage lmao

Since this thread is still running and Protea Prime is here, let me come back to say that my Erosion Anchor build has slowly, since the release of this augment, become my primary way of playing Protea, depending on mission type.

Here's my old build on vanilla Protea (still upgrading Protea Prime):

erosionanchor.jpg

This might seem like a lot of energy dedication, but trust me it's necessary, especially running Blind Rage. You can drop Blind Rage and add more range if you prefer, and probably get either a different arcane or another mod slot instead of equilibrium as a result. I'm running her full of duration and strength shards but you could also run equilibrium shards, which might be enough to save you the mod. This gives you 20% armor reduction per hit. You can also drop umbral intensify and use precision intensify to get to 25% since it applies to the 4th ability. Of course her passive also boosts this up closer to 30%. PSF would be nice but I didn't want to go that hard. I'll probably be making some such changes to it in the prime version.

Anyways, it's fantastic. You can just spam abilities endlessly, they shred, and you're basically invincible, not only because of the anchor, but because you are spamming abilities with Brief Respite and likely dropping shield orbs along the way too. I always try to drop a dispensary before anchoring, just in case - fill up on energy after the rewind. The duration of the anchor is such that with constant spam there's usually just a little energy left over before the rewind, which is perfect, but if you are picking up energy as you go then it's even better and often times you're just full all the time and can happily cancel the anchor if you want to reposition.

I don't usually use this in missions that aren't stationary, but sometimes I do and just cancel the anchor before it expires and then restart it again as I go - definitely gotta pay attention when you do that though lol, and it's really hard on the energy economy because you don't get the refund, so you need to be more conservative.

But yeah, this is basically how I play Protea these days, the old way is fine, and in a few ways definitely better, but IDK, I prefer this way. It's... well it's fun. XD

• Like 2

vor 5 Stunden schrieb CrownOfShadows:

Since this thread is still running and Protea Prime is here, let me come back to say that my Erosion Anchor build has slowly, since the release of this augment, become my primary way of playing Protea, depending on mission type.

Here's my old build on vanilla Protea (still upgrading Protea Prime):

erosionanchor.jpg

This might seem like a lot of energy dedication, but trust me it's necessary, especially running Blind Rage. You can drop Blind Rage and add more range if you prefer, and probably get either a different arcane or another mod slot instead of equilibrium as a result. I'm running her full of duration and strength shards but you could also run equilibrium shards, which might be enough to save you the mod. This gives you 20% armor reduction per hit. You can also drop umbral intensify and use precision intensify to get to 25% since it applies to the 4th ability. Of course her passive also boosts this up closer to 30%. PSF would be nice but I didn't want to go that hard. I'll probably be making some such changes to it in the prime version.

Anyways, it's fantastic. You can just spam abilities endlessly, they shred, and you're basically invincible, not only because of the anchor, but because you are spamming abilities with Brief Respite and likely dropping shield orbs along the way too. I always try to drop a dispensary before anchoring, just in case - fill up on energy after the rewind. The duration of the anchor is such that with constant spam there's usually just a little energy left over before the rewind, which is perfect, but if you are picking up energy as you go then it's even better and often times you're just full all the time and can happily cancel the anchor if you want to reposition.

I don't usually use this in missions that aren't stationary, but sometimes I do and just cancel the anchor before it expires and then restart it again as I go - definitely gotta pay attention when you do that though lol, and it's really hard on the energy economy because you don't get the refund, so you need to be more conservative.

But yeah, this is basically how I play Protea these days, the old way is fine, and in a few ways definitely better, but IDK, I prefer this way. It's... well it's fun. XD

I just recreated it and tested it in sp void surv.
damage is mehhh. maybe archon health in or whatever. But there isn't a lot of leeway, especially if you constantly have to spam the skills pointlessly like a bot.
I just got 600 kills in 6 minutes. So even Harrow does it much better and gets his 800-1k per 5 minutes with unlimited tenet cyc. And his skills last a long time.

but at least surviving seems to be working. However, I would never play long games with it because recasting is just nerfing

Augment is very good if you can stand using her 4th ability. It keeps her 1 and 2 viable for nuking steel path which for an ability nuker warframe is a rare occurrence.

From what ive heard most people subsume over the 4 on protea, it's supposed to be this big spectacular move that turns the tides but it's not all that great. Only good thing it really does is save you if you happen to go down and the odds of that are slim.

Posted (edited)

It's an inherently bad ability, nothing will fix it.

But Protea basically has 4 good abilities anyways since her grenades have 2 uses, so having a free Helminth spot plus 3 great abilities is a huge boost to Protea. She's just such a flexible warframe for builds and playstyles that her only weakness is really another plus in itself.

Edited by Cram_Duahcim
  • Like 1