Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Epitaph or Kompressa (primer build)

Excelsis7

For a primer weapon, which one do you find most suitable & why? what are the advantages of one over the other? or there is another cool weapon for priming that i miss? + can I see people build on those 2 weapon for enlightenment? Thanks in advance !

Edited by Excelsis7

for use as a Primer, Kompressa will stack Viral Status faster, but Epitaph will get you a higher count of unique Status Effects.

whether some extra Status Effects or on average having Viral Status stacked higher benefits you more, you'd have to calculate that with all of your Mods/Arcanes/whatever accounted for.

• Like 2

I like this setup:hyR5qW7.png

Procs Cold / Blast / Viral / Heat on AoE and IPS on the projectile, plus the effects last for a long time.

Encumber is whatever, if you're using melee I'd recommend Dexterity over it. Hardly ever procs on the Epitaph.

Also of note is that you might want to build for all the Heat damage possible and a faction mod if your main weapon does Heat procs.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 3

For single target priming then Kompressor is the fastest way to do this when using Secondary Encumber hands down no contest. This is because Secondary Encumber rolls a chance for an additional random proc per hit (not per multishot) and that proc is applied to a single target only; the Kompressor then has the bubble delayed explosion which effectively acts as a 'second hit' so you're able to make better use of the extra proc roll. Further Kompressor has innate viral which is normally a big focus with primer weapons so you save on 2 mods slots, which you can then use on utility mods like fire rate to further boost the priming speed. Having innate viral also means you can mod for Cold and max slow down your primed target.

The only advantage Epitaph has as a primer is being able to prime large crowds quickly due to the explosion radius, but it can't prime more than ~5 status effects very well so you could say that's its 'priming cap'; it's also absolutely terrible using Secondary Encumber so don't bother.