The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it time to punish squad leech hopping yet?

MobyTheDuck

Every time there is a new Prime Access or Prime Vault, for the first two weeks, you will get people that join a fissure, look at what everyone is bringing, then leave if no one has a new relic. You might get two or three players doing this per mission, before no one else can join and you end the mission with only 2 or 3 players that were just trying to do fissures.

This is happening for years now and I have yet to see any measures being added to stop this. I am not saying to ban these people, but at least give a 10 to 30 minute Fissure mission block if they leave several missions in a short time.

There is no way to check why people leave, and therefore there is no basis to punish anyone for anything. People can leave for perfectly innocent reasons.

The root cause is being able to see what relics are in use in a public squad. Hide that, and leechers won't know which squads to stay in.

If you want to farm a specific relic, form a squad in recruiting. If you're running pub right after a prime drop, expect you might not have a full squad or wait a few weeks to run any random pubs.

10 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Hide that, and leechers won't know which squads to stay in.

As long as that's only hidden once the mission starts, not during the start timer or refresh timer for an endless mission, sure, that will help.

On 2023-08-01 at 1:01 AM, Hobie-wan said:

If you want to farm a specific relic, form a squad in recruiting. If you're running pub right after a prime drop, expect you might not have a full squad or wait a few weeks to run any random pubs.

As long as that's only hidden once the mission starts, not during the start timer or refresh timer for an endless mission, sure, that will help.

That would be difficult to code and wouldn't solve the problem really. Because half of the time when you join pugs, you arrive during the countdown (or initiate it if you're "host"). That still leaves room for leaving and it's also obnoxious as it sometimes cancel the countdown, reset it to 20secs or whatever.

Honestly I would make it so the Relic is consumed upon entering in the mission instead of upon cracking it open. That might waste relics here and there if you have to leave early for legitimate reasons or if you join an exterminate too late, but I'm sure it would prevent those squad hoppers to leave. You've already consumed a relic, so better commit and have it opened instead of wasting it.

16 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Honestly I would make it so the Relic is consumed upon entering in the mission instead of upon cracking it open. That might waste relics here and there if you have to leave early for legitimate reasons or if you join an exterminate too late, but I'm sure it would prevent those squad hoppers to leave. You've already consumed a relic, so better commit and have it opened instead of wasting it.

That's a terrible idea and will never happen. The internet can take a dump, Warframe can crash because of a bug or a software/hardware problem with your PC/console, or the mission can fail because someone else had a problem and host migration fails. A new player that loses a relic for this reason somewhere in their first 20 relics isn't going to be happy. Someone that has had bad RNG for parts on recently released primes that loses their 1 relic for a gold part they've had in the past 3 or 4 days isn't going to be happy.

Nobody likes losing stuff for reasons beyond their control and implementing something like this would be the worst example of having stuff "stolen" from them.

Archived