Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I report a Warframe Content Creator not giving their Glyph?

Atomic_Noodles

Question

I was interested in a specific Glyph and in their discord/twitch they posted a guide saying how to get the glyph. I've already followed the instructions and have tuned in more than once or either subscribing to them to automatically obtain the Glyph. Can I report them for not giving away the glyph? It's been almost 3 weeks now as well since they haven't handed it out?

Edit: For added info/context its from the Creator SummerYuko the instructions and post are from 2020. When I checked her discord has these instructions. There was talk in her discord of 1-2 users who have tried. I couldn't contact them however so I wasn't able to verify whether they got it or not but they tried this year. Though the English Channel for her discord was only started last year. The last time she played WF was trying out Duviri Update 2-3 months ago.

Instructions & Glyph.

Spoiler

rD5texw.png

PF1FoMs.png

Edited by Atomic_Noodles
Additional Info/Context

11 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Atomic_Noodles said:

Can I report them for not giving away the glyph?

Honestly, not sure, i am unaware of other incidents like this.

If they are violating their own terms on how to acquire their glyphs than that might land them in some trouble with DE but i would advise trying to contact some moderator of the Streamer's discord first to ask for help before doing something more drastic.

• Like 1

i'm not an authority on this or anything but IMO technically there's no obligation to do anything with Glyph Codes. the Creator can do anything, or nothing, with them, as they please.

if they are using their Glyph Codes as bait to get People to do something like maybe driving Metrics or something and not actually giving them when doing what is supposed to qualify, that's kinda uncool and for PR reasons might get a glaring look from "the authorities", so to speak, but not much more.
there is no Contract or guarantee signed or implied, ergo...

• Like 2

I would try to reach out to the creator first, they may have made a mistake or dropped the ball.

If they don't respond, try to ask around and see if anyone else experienced the same thing. If you get a few others in the same boat, you can try to take it up with DE in the form of a little mini-petition > there might not be any contract, but ultimate control of glyphs in the game rests with DE I'm pretty sure, so they may either gift it to you or take it up with the creator.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Atomic_Noodles said:

Added more info and what I've already done. I've asked in WF Support and they just said its up to the Creators themselves up to distributing it.

Unfortunately, the creator can easily claim that they tried to contact you and that you never responded. From my experience in support, you won't ever get to anyone higher up who has the power to do anything.

At this point, you can either go on a crusade or cover it in roses. The only way to swing the tide in your favor that I can see is to get a good chunk of others who have also been actively denied - subscribers, as I assume you are, the creator can deny all lottery winner claims - and pester either the creator or DE or both until somebody finally listens, as a group if possible. If there's 10 or 20 of you who have all 'never responded' that's pretty damning evidence against the creator. Getting them to all commit to a petition will carry weight, you can wave that around in DE's reddit.

If you can find the original image (I see an artist signature in it, I'm guessing the creator didn't make it themselves?). If they didn't make it and you can find out who did via image search, that's a little extra ammunition although it's a bit of a ... nasty tactic, and you will certainly never get the glyph that way lol, but it's some good overkill vengeance.

If they contact you via email, make you check your spam folder and all that. If you haven't already, I'd still recommend reaching out to the creator first if you can, although 3 weeks is a long time. It's good to check everything twice and do everything in your power before taking it to any extremes. If the creator is on WF and has a clan, reaching out that way is probably a fantastic idea, especially if the clan has some other senior leadership you can appeal to. Likewise, if the clan has a discord, that can be a very fast way to get direct attention.

Personally, all that's too much work and I'd put it in the grave instead, say a prayer, make the sign of the cross, and walk away. Some battles just aren't worth fighting, but I understand if it's important to you and you want to chase it.

• Like 1

Ah yeah or just ask around - someone might tell you the code, xD

I went ahead and tried "SummerYuko" and "hunhow" - those didn't work - not sure if the redeem section supports chinese characters. ALSO - are they on the asia server? That could make a difference, i'm not sure if asia is on a totally separate instance or not, or if they have a different store network.

Edited by CrownOfShadows

That thread is what actually got me to try and contact her. I used the Free 1 Month Gift Subscribe you get from Amazon to subscribe to her Twitch so I'm not sure if that doesn't count or I have to actually spend money on her ($8.00 AUD) I have tried asking in her discord and whispering her on Twitch. She hasn't played Warframe even play Warframe regularly anymore and recently just plays Vermintide from all the Streams I've tuned on her so I don't know if she's quit WF at all anymore.

Just has been bothering and stressing me out since last month.

Edited by Atomic_Noodles