Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

These Mods Needs Buffs

ForumSmurf

reload speed

magazine capacity

max ammo

attack speed

any other crappy utility mod

Why? Because we only have 8 slots in a gun and after fiddling for hours with my build for damage 2.0 i only ever find myself with enough room for one utility mod and i can only ever justify attack speed even though sometimes i want it to be something else. It has to worth it imo. I don't have room to stick on everything. If for this gun i want that utility mod to be reload can it be a little better? 30% reload for rifle could be something like 90%. You have to remember that 100% more reload isn't going to make reload disappear, its only going to cut it in half. 

Edited by ForumSmurf

Dey don't need dem buffz. We need moar mod slotz.

that would break balance for the simple reason guns with crit will be way better. Guns without crit woun't gain much from 2 more slots. Guns with crit build will get their full crit mods on top of full element spectrum and serration multishot. 

Primarily about primary weapons:

Attack speed is totally worth it even now on auto or charged weapons.

Max ammo on primary (riffles) requires a buff as it's too low. Especially compared to pistol (+90%)

Magazine capacity is tricky field.. I only use them with some sniper rifles.. so you could be right.

Reload speed on primary .. yes I agree.

Zoom and stability mods should be discontinued and have a nightmare mod with dual properities instead.

Primarily about primary weapons:

Attack speed is totally worth it even now on auto or charged weapons.

Max ammo on primary (riffles) requires a buff as it's too low. Especially compared to pistol (+90%)

Magazine capacity is tricky field.. I only use them with some sniper rifles.. so you could be right.

Reload speed on primary .. yes I agree.

Zoom and stability mods should be discontinued and have a nightmare mod with dual properities instead.

zoom could be more damage on zoom. like 100% zoom while you gain 50% more to multishot. 10 lvls to max

Edited by ForumSmurf

You don't need to discontinue them to introduce a nightmare mod.

What, are you worried about zoom/stability stacking?

(Just in case you are: Even if you discontinue them, everyone who already has 'em will still be able to get the new NM mod, too.)

Speaking of zoom, variable zoom would be really cool. Has there been anything said on it?

Edited by Knaimhe

You don't need to discontinue them to introduce a nightmare mod.

What, are you worried about zoom/stability stacking?

(Just in case you are: Even if you discontinue them, everyone who already has 'em will still be able to get the new NM mod, too.)

Speaking of zoom, variable zoom would be really cool. Has there been anything said on it?

Not really. I just wouldn't want to have leveled mods destroyed 'cos of a change. I'm not afraid of stacking when it comes to zoom and stability, since these mods have almost no impact on the effectiveness of the weapons. The default zoom is enough and the recoil is always manageable. Spread/ Bloom is more of an issue with auto weapons at long ranges, but it's a different topic.

Not really. I just wouldn't want to have leveled mods destroyed 'cos of a change. I'm not afraid of stacking when it comes to zoom and stability, since these mods have almost no impact on the effectiveness of the weapons. The default zoom is enough and the recoil is always manageable. Spread/ Bloom is more of an issue with auto weapons at long ranges, but it's a different topic.

Considering the fact that weak point crits now deal 7-10x damage, I'll prefer zoom to even second serration.

*Raises hand as a Utility mod user*

I'd like to see them improved a little, or simply have extra slots specifically for utility as much as anyone else, but in most cases, those extra shots or half second less of reloading trumps the 90% whatever damage that I'm forgoing already, since in most cases that damage is just overkill, or saves only a few shots.

Adding slots isn't a great idea, since it just means you have to use that much more Forma to fit them in, and in most cases people would just shoehorn more damage in anyway. 

Buffing them would probably be the best, since 25% mag capacity and such isn't the greatest anyway

/signed

+1000

These mods are so crappy that damage mods are better even if the damage mods get NERFED into oblivion.

I'll also add Rush to the list, not because it's crappy so much as I like fast run speed A LOT. Other games have +50% speed buffs and it's fun and controllable, and they don't advertise themselves as having fast and fluid movement mechanics. Also, to offset the run speed stealth NERF.

I already said in Council Chat we need weapon aura mods, but seems like DE didn't support this idea.

What i mean?

These mods should be converted to Aura and we don't need use primary weapon slots.

Aura w/o additional energy. So, just 1 additional slot to Primary and Secondary wp.

Here's:

Eagle Eye

Fast Hands

Hawk Eye

Hush(?)

Magazine Warp

Quickdraw

Shell Compression

Shotgun Spazz

Slip Magazine

Speed Trigger

Stabilizer(?)

Steady Hands(?)

Supress(?)

Tactical Pump

Trick Mag

Or these mods needs seriously buff.

I also think that other than that Rifle mods that add 5% damage to a Single Stat per Rank are not very usefull when you can insert an Element for 15% damage per level.

Ex:

5% Slash vs 15% Heat, rather go Heat against Infested

same as Impact Vs Cold for Corpus and so on...

I already said in Council Chat we need weapon aura mods, but seems like DE didn't support this idea.

What i mean?

These mods should be converted to Aura and we don't need use primary weapon slots.

Aura w/o additional energy. So, just 1 additional slot to Primary and Secondary wp.

Here's:

Eagle Eye

Fast Hands

Hawk Eye

Hush(?)

Magazine Warp

Quickdraw

Shell Compression

Shotgun Spazz

Slip Magazine

Speed Trigger

Stabilizer(?)

Steady Hands(?)

Supress(?)

Tactical Pump

Trick Mag

Or these mods needs seriously buff.

you see, the problem with human is that we never get enough of things, once they implement that, some 10 year old is going to complain why the weapon aura doesn't add energy, and then DE will have to please these kids and ended up making our gears OP again

you see, the problem with human is that we never get enough of things, once they implement that, some 10 year old is going to complain why the weapon aura doesn't add energy, and then DE will have to please these kids and ended up making our gears OP again

If you use Lanka against 20-30LV mobs. Of course, it's OP. But what about endgame content, huh?

After DMG 2.0 with right loadout I ran out of ammo pretty fast. And these ammo restores and Scavenger Drone... that's just creeepy.