Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe loadouts should have individualized operater arcanes/amps, and/or we need a third operator arcane slot

KitMeHarder

• I'll cut to the chase. Much like when we could only equip a single focus school for all our loadouts, being forced to micromanage amps/arcanes means most of the time I just don't go through the effort of doing it (ultimately killing diversity). And I'd really like to use different operator arcanes on different loadouts, as many times my current arcanes go wasted on said loadouts... But then the other loadouts, almost cease to function without one or both of my staple arcanes. So why would I risk forgetting and gimping most of my builds, for just an increase in convenience on the others?
    • This also extends into specialized builds, such as when you're hunting operator required bosses (Eidolons, Angels, the Ropalolyst, etc...). Those fights tend to want amps/arcanes that I'd never use in day-to-day gameplay.
  • The Circuit. You lose a looot of tools when you play the Circuit (companions, gear, specific weapons, etc...). And yes, decrees eventually buff you so much that it doesn't matter for the most part... But that's only eventually. In the beginning, it can be needlessly ruff at times, and in the Lone Story mode you often never get to that point. So IMO I'd like one more operator arcane slot to smooth out the rough edges just enough that I have most of my bases covered.
  • I think given the state of the game, operators could use a bit of a power-hike, and it's not even that unreasonable IMO. 

This is all stuff that has largely been said before. But I thought "if it's not gonna happen anytime soon, I might as well ask for a compromise that'd make me more-or-less satisfied". So yeah, a third operator arcane slot please.

• Like 2

I just want the whole thing merged into one arsenal page. That way loadouts could copy everything between warframes, operators, gear wheels, companions, archwing, archguns, necramechs...

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The more you add more Arcane Slots, the more you're just creating the modding screen with extra steps.

They can't be modded in the first place. So in context to operators, IMO it's fine. (I also don't get how it's "extra steps", unless you just said it for the meme?)

And for the most part, operator arcanes don't mod preexisting stats, they add something new. So it's more similar to when you had to "mod" on abilities to warframes, to even have them in the first place.

5 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

They can't be modded in the first place. So in context to operators, IMO it's fine. (I also don't get how it's "extra steps", unless you just said it for the meme?)

And for the most part, operator arcanes don't mod preexisting stats, they add something new. So it's more similar to when you had to "mod" on abilities to warframes, to even have them in the first place.

Arcanes are just mods. The same way many Focus nodes are mods. Adding more Arcane slots is just adding adding more mod slots, and if they are going to add more, they should just give them a proper modding system.

On 2023-08-05 at 10:15 AM, Voltage said:

Arcanes are just mods. The same way many Focus nodes are mods. Adding more Arcane slots is just adding adding more mod slots, and if they are going to add more, they should just give them a proper modding system.

And this wouldn't have been an issue if Arcanes had a more defined identity from the beginning and more than just blanket stat boosts. They needed real visual flair and unique affects that warp gameplay. Not 'chance to gain damage after reloading'. And there are quite a few mods we have that are better suited as arcanes. I would like more arcane slots though.

30 minutes ago, Zaghyr said:

And this wouldn't have been an issue if Arcanes had a more defined identity from the beginning and more than just blanket stat boosts. They needed real visual flair and unique affects that warp gameplay. Not 'chance to gain damage after reloading'. And there are quite a few mods we have that are better suited as arcanes. I would like more arcane slots though.

That's because Arcanes evolved from what you described to a mod you need to farm 21 duplicates of to upgrade. You're stretching the gameplay to max something while simultaneously avoiding Endo and Credits which are trivial resources late-game.

I certainly agree that Arcanes used to be a cool prospect, but have become dull and sometimes even more boring than some existing mods.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1