Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Many Buffs and So Little Info, Big Room for Improvement!

(PSN)tawmbus

As the game continues to mature, we have seen more and more persistent and temporary buffs become available to players in the forms of warframe abilities, passives, arcanes, glavanized mods, etc.

They can come from the player, their pets/summons, their allies, and even sometimes environmental.

When a buff is applied, if you are quick to notice, you will see the name of the buff briefly under its icon. But if you were a space ninja flying across the map and headshotting enemies while managing your ability rotations or melee combos, or reviving allies, or etc..... get my point? Not that convenient to always be staring at your buffs hoping to catch the name pop up.

The issue I want to highlight is that we have so many buffs now, especially now with decrees from duviri, but they are all so indistinguishable from eachother sometimes. Sure there are some buffs that you will become very familiar with and can identify over time, but having every buff from every source all be the same non-configurable color is an area that i think can see improvement.

Allowing players to configure the color of buffs based on whether or not they originate from self or others, abilities vs mods vs arcanes, etc.

It would also be amazing if we could actually somehow see what the buff is. Like if I get a buff and missed the name that was only up for 2 seconds, then I'll have no idea what it is. I cant even pause and hover over the icons, which is something you can do in so many other games. It would help speed up how quickly we learn the icon.

I recall not long ago Pax Bolt had a much deeper blue to its icon, which really helped it stand out as its a very shortlived buff that im eagerly looking for to take advantage of.
But the color has since been reverted to the generic buff color and when you have so many different buffs coming and going, something like that really gets lost in the haze.

Takeaway:  It would be great if Buffs could be

• differentiable by color
  • configurable
  • identifiable by name
  • Like 4

Good Idea. Although Arcane Buff had symbol as the arcane, I sometime can't differentiate due to the similiar design between them. Mixed that with ability and incarnon (melee). I also suggest a relocation of some off this buff.

Weapon arcane buff should be near the weapon (right hand corner w/ smaller icon is preferable), DE can replace those stance or incarnon mode text with symbol.

Ability buff and wf arcane buff can stay where they are with different color.  Eg. blue for ability, yellow for wf arcane, purple for weapon arcane, and orange for others like companion or allies buff.

Edited by BroDutt

• 2 weeks later...