Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Build own Warframe Feature

(XBOX)Nephilim1495

On 2023-08-13 at 6:45 AM, quxier said:

I think we have already "ways" to do modular Frames (DE knows more or less how to do it). We can build modular gear (Zaws, kitguns, amps) with different stats/looks. We can change any of 4 abilities via Helminth. Augments works as well. They can modify those abilities per "original vs infused frame" (mostly nerfs afair).

DE could make 'modular' warframes work like Moas and Hounds, rather than Zaws and Kitguns. 

Theres 4 base types; Damage, Tank, Support, Utility.
You choose a warframe "Type" that determines their passive and their 4
You choose a warframe "Systems" that determines their 1
You choose a warframe "Neuroptics" that determines their 2
You choose a warframe "Chassis" that determines their 3

The issue is this would be like 4 warframes released at once, though. It would have to be released alongside a major lore quest where we find a warframe manufactory with like... an ancient helminith infested cephalon whose job is to make warframes, not just replicate them in a foundry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, quxier said:

Say Zariman quest and bounties. In quest you are just basically doing 1 run and you are free to go. Levels are much lower. Bounties can even go past 100 level. That's difference.

I… guess? You’re still facing enemies whose stats are defined by the levels and thus where that Enough point sits; you don’t need a SP build for level 50 enemies, which means you’re rocking redundant damage and survival mods that can be replaced with something else

I'm not sure about details but every tenno with teammates don't have to have super strong setups. Except maybe Planet's specters everything can be cheesed via teammates. So we can have variety... however that variety is not helpful for our team. When playing solo it's even worse. So, when you want to play actively power is needed and variety is not always possible.

If someone decides to bring a few higher-level builds to a fight to take the gameplay away, you can’t stop that at the moment. If DE introduced a way to not match with problem teammates that’d be great, at the moment though it’s a lawless land in Public. Your teammate won’t care about your build variety or their own, true, but it’s not like they cared about variety anyways as they actively sacrifice even when they don’t need to, and it’s not worth trying to get into a pissing contest with those players

I’m not sure how solo is worse; I tend to stick to solo personally and the game’s a lot better for it because it gets a chance to exist in the first place and gives me things to do with the stuff I want to use

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

34 minutes ago, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

DE could make 'modular' warframes work like Moas and Hounds, rather than Zaws and Kitguns. 

That's just little details. They can do Something like Equinox: night & day version where you are building basically 2 frames.

32 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Say Zariman quest and bounties. In quest you are just basically doing 1 run and you are free to go. Levels are much lower. Bounties can even go past 100 level. That's difference.

I… guess? You’re still facing enemies whose stats are defined by the levels and thus where that Enough point sits; you don’t need a SP build for level 50 enemies, which means you’re rocking redundant damage and survival mods that can be replaced with something else

Yeah, but 100+ level require more power. Then there is slight difference between different enemies having more "power".

So, no, I'm not running too much redundant damage/survival.

39 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m not sure how solo is worse; I tend to stick to solo personally and the game’s a lot better for it because it gets a chance to exist in the first place and gives me things to do with the stuff I want to use

I've been playing with team for few years. It wasn't hard. I remember getting Zenurik dash and being happy that I can contribute "something" to gameplay. Then after DX9 being obsolete I started to play solo. It's different game. Some missions are supper hard for solo. For example first solo RJ is nearly impossible to do it without luck or cheat (I got lucky & I got my crew). When I want to stay longer (e.g. survival) in higher levels (100 level conjunction survival) I need more power.

1 minute ago, quxier said:

Yeah, but 100+ level require more power. Then there is slight difference between different enemies having more "power".

So, no, I'm not running too much redundant damage/survival.

Yes… level 100+ requires more power at sacrifice to variety…? The game isn’t squashed into level 100+ though, it’s spread across a variety of levels to facilitate alternative ways to build and play up to and including level 100+, and level 100+ is on the higher end of that sweet spot between build variety and difficulty. When you’re not doing level 100+ content, you’re rocking redundant mods, and if you want more variety, you don’t look towards level 100+ because by design your variety is more limited than, say, level 50, and someone 2k hours in can still get more rewards that facilitate variety of gameplay from level 50 content instead of being forced into something like SP

8 minutes ago, quxier said:

I've been playing with team for few years. It wasn't hard. I remember getting Zenurik dash and being happy that I can contribute "something" to gameplay. Then after DX9 being obsolete I started to play solo. It's different game. Some missions are supper hard for solo. For example first solo RJ is nearly impossible to do it without luck or cheat (I got lucky & I got my crew). When I want to stay longer (e.g. survival) in higher levels (100 level conjunction survival) I need more power.

I mean, I can imagine why it wasn’t hard. You can’t throw a stone in public without hitting someone sacrificing variety for power as they try to fight RNG for stuff that they never use because it falls under variety. They never needed your help because your teammates were specifically building for content way higher than what you were doing, sacrificing variety for the ability to solo a public mission. Admittedly I’m not sure how you were using your Zenurik to meaningfully contribute, but I’m making an educated guess that it wasn’t necessary to succeed and was a comparative drop in the bucket in terms of usefulness.

Having to fight isn’t a problem and is where differences in builds and loadouts can be more pronounced and provides a variety of gameplay experiences. Your teammates weren’t interested in fighting; there’s some fundamental conflicts in approach versus opportunity going on, which isn’t necessarily a problem, but it does put players seeking the easiest solution at odds with the most variety. Again, yes, if you want to stay longer in level 100 content, you’re going to need more power than level 50 at cost to variety, and if you want it to be easy, you’re going to have to sacrifice even more variety to attain that goal because you have to overpower the mission, and most likely you’d just be built for higher-level content by that point