Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galvanized Melee Mods

(XBOX)ZiostShadow

49 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Wow, now thats some proper wtf moment right here. I thought you were just not informed enough, but it turns out youre from a different universe altogether. Theres no chance talking sense into you.

Do you even own a gun? Do you know anything about kinetic energy? Ballistic coefficient? How about wound channels or the tumbling effect 5.56NATO rounds have? Subsonic vs. supersonic rounds? It seems you are the one who is not informed. Stop playing CoD and watching TV. Educate yourself before insulting someone. You are only making yourself look foolish.

Edit: I just noticed your usage of the word “proper”, which leads me to believe you are UK-based. It is starting to make sense now why you have a lack of understanding of firearms. 

Edited by (XBOX)ZiostShadow

5 hours ago, (XBOX)ZiostShadow said:

Do you even own a gun? Do you know anything about kinetic energy? Ballistic coefficient? How about wound channels or the tumbling effect 5.56NATO rounds have? Subsonic vs. supersonic rounds? It seems you are the one who is not informed. Stop playing CoD and watching TV. Educate yourself before insulting someone. You are only making yourself look foolish.

Edit: I just noticed your usage of the word “proper”, which leads me to believe you are UK-based. It is starting to make sense now why you have a lack of understanding of firearms. 

If you want to talk about real guns you sure as hell are in the wrong forums. Noone cares here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

If you want to talk about real guns you sure as hell are in the wrong forums. Noone cares here.

I didn’t initiate the discussion of real guns. Maybe you should direct your remarks to the person who did. You should consider actually contributing to the topic instead of inserting your opinion where (ironically enough) no one cares to hear it.

Edited by (XBOX)ZiostShadow

1 hour ago, (XBOX)ZiostShadow said:

I didn’t initiate the discussion of real guns. Maybe you should direct your remarks to the person who did. You should consider actually contributing to the topic instead of inserting your opinion where (ironically enough) no one cares to hear it.

Only person talking about real guns is you. This isnt constructive to this conversation at all either. You come here often to troll?

• Like 1

On 2023-08-14 at 3:57 AM, (XBOX)ZiostShadow said:

In my opinion, melee is currently in somewhat of a mediocre state.

To me, the issue is that melee has been outclassed by primary/secondary weapons due to power creep like the addition of galvanized mods (among other things).

I would like to see Galvanized mods for melee as well. I suggest a something like Galvanized Steel - stats and effect to replace Sacrificial Steel and Blood Rush, Galvanized Overload - stats and effect to replace Condition Overload and Weeping Wounds. I think these 2 mods with help bring melee back into balance. I am not going to suggest the percentages because I am not looking at all of the data, however the Galvanized mods for primary/secondary were fairly generous and I think it should be similar for melee.

let me know your thoughts!

Literally the only thing wrong with melee right now, that would put it right next to gunplay is the follow-through mechanic being revised/removed. As it stands, melee is only effective in very small area while having the most punishing fall-off mechanic in the game. To the point where building range on melee is actually exponentially lowering the damage overall, which makes no sense. Literally if you make something bigger it would hit harder, you'd think. But in Warframe making something bigger makes it hit exponentially weaker. 

10 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Only person talking about real guns is you. This isnt constructive to this conversation at all either. You come here often to troll?

False. As I stated before, I did not start the conversation of real guns. Reading is difficult I suppose..

3 hours ago, vixenpixel said:

Literally the only thing wrong with melee right now, that would put it right next to gunplay is the follow-through mechanic being revised/removed. As it stands, melee is only effective in very small area while having the most punishing fall-off mechanic in the game. To the point where building range on melee is actually exponentially lowering the damage overall, which makes no sense. Literally if you make something bigger it would hit harder, you'd think. But in Warframe making something bigger makes it hit exponentially weaker. 

I agree that fall-off is a problem in itself. However, even if the fall-off mechanic were removed entirely, it would still not bring melee into balance with ranged weapons. Melee still falls short, even against single targets. Take a single SP Corrupted Heavy Gunner of any higher level (150+) and see how your TTK is with your best melee (excluding giga-Chad Glaive Prime) and do the same test with any decently built ranged weapon in your arsenal.