Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Malice's Opticor damage

Fabre

I've come back to play after a long hiatus and I'm enjoying the game a lot except for one single aspect that pisses me off to no end

Malice raw damage output from the Opticor has to get nerfed hard, it's unreal how much damage it can do and none seems to bother because of 2 overlapping aspects
-most people running steel path can oneshot acolytes or at least dispatch them in a second or two
-most frames have shields and have the advantage of shield-gating invulnerability

this is mostly because you can usually kill malice within the invulnerability window of your shield-gate

now if you run ANY frame without shield unless you can literally one-shot him you're flipping a coin on whether or not malice will one-shot you before you kill him

it's unreasonable to have non-shield frames, which are supposed to be a lot more tanky than the rest to be this vulnerable to a single feature

no matter how much I stack up resistances and defense on my Inaros prime it can't survive a single shot from that weapon even while dodging and avoiding the magnetization cast on me

the nerf on the weapon's damage is just a needed help for the non-shielded frames since the bigger issue is how health-tank frames need some sort of mechanic to avoid taking that much damage at once, especially now that we've power-crept so much that shield gating is being used as a defensive measure by a lot of frames

9 minutes ago, Fabre said:

I've come back to play after a long hiatus and I'm enjoying the game a lot except for one single aspect that pisses me off to no end

Malice raw damage output from the Opticor has to get nerfed hard, it's unreal how much damage it can do and none seems to bother because of 2 overlapping aspects
-most people running steel path can oneshot acolytes or at least dispatch them in a second or two
-most frames have shields and have the advantage of shield-gating invulnerability

this is mostly because you can usually kill malice within the invulnerability window of your shield-gate

now if you run ANY frame without shield unless you can literally one-shot him you're flipping a coin on whether or not malice will one-shot you before you kill him

it's unreasonable to have non-shield frames, which are supposed to be a lot more tanky than the rest to be this vulnerable to a single feature

no matter how much I stack up resistances and defense on my Inaros prime it can't survive a single shot from that weapon even while dodging and avoiding the magnetization cast on me

the nerf on the weapon's damage is just a needed help for the non-shielded frames since the bigger issue is how health-tank frames need some sort of mechanic to avoid taking that much damage at once, especially now that we've power-crept so much that shield gating is being used as a defensive measure by a lot of frames

If your frame and setup can't survive something, it's on you. Skill issue in short.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

Change your loadout or frame of choice instead of asking for nerfs.

Did you know rolling gives you additional 75% DR? Have you tried Rolling Guard instead of facetanking a #*!%ing Opticor? What about using a obstacle to hide behind? Devouring a nearby enemy to tank the shot while you're invulnerable? There's so many ways...

49 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

If your frame and setup can't survive something, it's on you. Skill issue in short.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

Change your loadout or frame of choice instead of asking for nerfs.

Did you know rolling gives you additional 75% DR? Have you tried Rolling Guard instead of facetanking a #*!%ing Opticor? What about using a obstacle to hide behind? Devouring a nearby enemy to tank the shot while you're invulnerable? There's so many ways...

This is the worst example of an arguement point or answer

"Oh you've been shot, just ignore the bullet torn flesh blood and pain" "its you're fault not the bullets fault that you're trailing blood and in pain" 

What do you expect a shooter victim to do, not exist when it suddenly happens?

1 hour ago, Fabre said:

This specifies how they aren't an idiot

1 hour ago, Fabre said:

A real answer or suggestion would be, if DE could add the •First shot misses• rule, or lower malices charge/fire rate, lower enemies accuracy when rolling, bullet jumping, sliding; Lower enemy rotation/spinning speed

Or lower damage or buff survivability

Take the Blue pill we nerf enemy damage and we return to our usual lives and forget it happened

Or take the Red pill we rework armor and destroy the meta so we may see a truer world we can all share freely

Or the empty pill where DE ignores this indefinitely

It uh, might not actually be the opticor shot that is killing you. Malice can cast Bullet attractor on you. Most deaths from malice are from killing yourself with a single shot from your own weapon when you didn't notice the bullet attractor or it landed on you right as you shoot. It's all projectiles too, not just guns, so you can murder yourself with thrown melees if you want a real laugh. 

4 hours ago, Fabre said:

Inaros prime doesn't work with high level content in the first place. It's not surprising you can get one-tapped quite fast while the mission level is raising.

Inaros only relies and health and amor to tank. Which are fixed values. To compensate that he only has wonky CC, and not damage particular damage output. Enemy level isn't fixed, in SP it starts even higher. So, yes at some point you are doomed to feel the limits of his kit. Nerfing one particular enemy damage won't help as the next time it levels up it will likely one-tap you again anyways.

4 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Malice can cast Bullet attractor on you. Most deaths from malice are from killing yourself with a single shot from your own weapon when you didn't notice the bullet attractor or it landed on you right as you shoot

Can confirm, this is like the only Acolyte I have issues with because it'll be cast as soon as I shoot or just very quickly, and with how much damage players can do we definitely one-shot ourselves.

Archived