The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arthur and Excalibur and the fantasy of warframe with famous tales

CosoMalvadoNG

2 hours ago, Alguien said:

Won't Morgan Le Fay fit Lotus more, considering she is usually portrayed as evil, but also the one who carried Arthur to Avalon to heal?

You mean like how the Lotus actually did that when she carried the operator to the pod in the back of the orbiter to heal?

I've always liked how DE has displayed an outstanding understanding of myth creation through their frames, whether it be for frames directly inspired by real mythology like Excalibur or Kullervo, or frames that have created mythologies like Gara or Yareli.  It reminds me a lot of a line from the movie The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance: "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend".

As for my favorite of those stories, I'd say pretty much anything that has a Leverian entry because all of them show just how those legends are made.

7 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

That's not it, the Chineses are well known for making ads that have nothing to do with their games.

Just kidding, these were fan-arts stolen for marketing purposes. DE confirmed they were fake back then, and here we are now.

On 2023-08-26 at 7:44 PM, Beam_Hat said:

If this article is to be believed : https://www.pcgamesn.com/warframe/1999-tennocon-interview

Reb said "But, inspiration-wise, I really wanted to re-re-do the Dark Sector that was made – or not made!”

Basically, if you know a little about the development of Dark Sector, they couldn't exactly craft the universe and the story like they wanted for various reasons, and rather than redo it or do a sequel, they took inspiration from it and made Warframe, which was much closer to the sci-fi universe they wanted.

There have been many theories since the early days of Warframe that Dark Sector is somewhat canon to Warframe (from before the Radiation Wars ;) ), with the Technocyte Virus, the name Tenno, etc.

Seems like DE is leaning on that, making Dark Sector canon to the universe of Warframe, or rather a revised and reworked version of it, with its own story and universe probably closer to what they originally wanted while keeping the ambiance and time frame, and including some new ideas, with Arthur being a prime exemple, clearly being the equivalent of Hayden Tenno, but with a different name and a suit clearly closer to an Excalibur warframe than Hayden's suit. They're going back to the roots of Warframe in some way.

There are many, many ways they can make that work, like a distant past with the origins of the Technocyte (the Orokin already had the Infestation in cold storage by the times of the Old War, but there is no mention of previous uses), warframes (Excalibur was the first after all) and maybe the Void? Maybe Ballas didn't have to go that far in research to develop the first warframes? Maybe Dr. Entrati is the Man in the Wall rather than Wally being the Conceptual Embodiment of the fear of the Void of Albrech? Maybe Albrecht is Dr. Entrati, and maybe he started searching about the Void (which was deemed pure fantasy by the Orokin at the time) to "go back home", because his presence in the Warframe Universe is due to him being transported into it due to some kind of Void incident in the 1999 universe where he originates from (I would see the "Little Bengel" nickname working well in the 1999 universe), and he somehow managed to link both worlds together? Maybe that's what he was hiding from is daughter?

Or maybe the Warframe Universe is simply being a Conceptual Embodiment that originate from the 1999 universe, like Duviri is in the Warframe Universe?

Personally, rather than any of that, I think it might rather be some form of Eternalism, since it allows the liberty of "alternates realities" and that Time is a big part of how it's supposed to function. Like in the previous exemple of my spitballing session, even Duviri is no simple Conceptual Embodiment, but rather the Conceptual Embodiment originated from the mind of an alternate version of us, under the concept of Eternalism, linked to us by the Void. Furthermore, seems like the Cosmic Clock have quite the spot in that story, further linking all of that with Time. That way we can have parallels or even interactions without the 1999 universe being the source of everything Warframe.

But honestly I'm just theorizing, I know no better that anyone else that doesn't work at DE or get early information directly from them. Heck, I'm not in that part of the game yet, I got most of my information from articles, documentaries and passing way too much time on the wikis, so my guess is maybe even less educated than those who played up to the latest point in the main story of Warframe or those who played Dark Sector.

Also, sorry if that is a little hard to understand. This is basically rambling going in all directions, referencing rather scattered and niche informations and English is not my primary language.

If there's one thing to take of all of that, it's that I'm rather excited for the future of that game. ^^

Edit : Typos

Just also pointing out I did a dive and the Protecta in Dark Sector is based on the Heckler & Koch FABARM FP6 which was designed and produced from 1998 to our present which seemed to be the latest weapon in-game.  Warframe 1999 is 100% plausible a continuation of the spread of the infection that might have devastated humanity and allowed the Orokin to take over cause they could have been the containers of it and were left to rebuild Humanity.  But it seemed to me that you were in the head of the Vessel so it could be that it is a simulation based on the first recorded Excalibur's memories that Albrecht transferred himself into? Could the Man in the Wall be a manifestation of Albrecht through the Void because he trapped himself in the Sentinel in order to create the Tenno? IDK I'm really looking forward to this reveal maybe there will be play through of other Warframes memories? DE I love you this looks amazing...now if I can just get NIN - Into the Void out of my head😋 ...

Edited by Ransidius

2 hours ago, Ransidius said:

But it seemed to me that you were in the head of the Vessel so it could be that it is a simulation based on the first recorded Excalibur's memories that Albrecht transferred himself into?

Perhaps. but for now it's safer to assume it's just a trailer transition, like when they first showed Duviri Paradox.

That aside, I don't think 1999 is where the Orokin era started. Most likely Albrecht brought a bunch of stuff with him for some reason and now it's causing problems in that time. All warframes were created after the Zariman incident, during the old war. We saw parts of these events and they don't scream the 90s. 

The whole infested mess we saw, Arthur in a warframe suit, it's not the past of the Warframe universe but the past altered by time-travelling Albrecht or a conceptual embodiment, like Duviri.

• 3 months later...
hace 1 hora, (PSN)Va1kar1us dijo:

I honestly feel Arthur could be Excalibur Umbra. As Umbra doesn't act like normal warframes. And i feel Aoi could be like Ordis but the first cephalon.

That's not... Arthur was created by Albrecht not by ballas like Umbra. There is lore sprinkled throughout the new content that suggests that Arthur is Albrecht's test subject.

On 2023-08-27 at 7:44 AM, Zahnny said:

Well, somehow. Albrecht got one of Wally's fingers. It's possible he made some sort of deal or pact with it.

Possibly giving himself up to it, in exchange for a finger?

Hazard a guess, Warframe's earliest conception in any form may have been 1999. But there's on way to really verify that without DE themselves saying what the number represents.

Yeah, like it the eternalism critical juncture where we got the other world and not this one. Also, Steve probably cut his game dev teeth on Quake which had Trent Reznor on the soundtrack.

20 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

Also, Steve probably cut his game dev teeth on Quake which had Trent Reznor on the soundtrack.

People can just like NIN organically on their own. Someone on the team was probably just listening to NIN and it hit them that the song was called "Into the Void", came out in 1999 when people were worried about Y2K, and things gelled from there.