Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack/Solar Rail rework

--Xalted-LuaGuard--

Alliances and Railjack have pretty much fallen off and I had an idea/2 that might be worth posting:

1)condensed proxima

2)Raid style clan/alliance railjack

in my brain, it reworks all planet proxima missions to be one slightly larger open world mission with multiple objectives. This could be completed via single Railjack or have the option to raid from a dry dock, including up to 12 members from a clan or alliance crewing 3 Railjacks in concert.

Potential benefits include:

easier Railjack crew formation, fewer nodes on proxima start chart.

new depth to Railjack, as multi crew games could range in levels of coordination and communication

renewed depth to clans and alliances, accent on player skill level, potential event rankings.

• Like 1

On 2023-08-31 at 3:50 PM, --Exalted-- said:

Alliances and Railjack have pretty much fallen off and I had an idea/2 that might be worth posting:

1)condensed proxima

2)Raid style clan/alliance railjack

in my brain, it reworks all planet proxima missions to be one slightly larger open world mission with multiple objectives. This could be completed via single Railjack or have the option to raid from a dry dock, including up to 12 members from a clan or alliance crewing 3 Railjacks in concert.

Potential benefits include:

easier Railjack crew formation, fewer nodes on proxima start chart.

new depth to Railjack, as multi crew games could range in levels of coordination and communication

renewed depth to clans and alliances, accent on player skill level, potential event rankings.

Yeah this has been suggested in various forms a bunch, and I believe it was sorta the original goal with the solar rails to begin with.

Clans have needed good clan activities since forever, it would be nice to have a clan-focused update one day, and RJ surely deserves love too. Two birds with one stone? The idea of forming a flotilla and going on a raid seems pretty great.

There are a lot of technical problems but we could surely work around them. Getting 12 tenno together for anything other than Baro is pretty much an event in and of itself.

• Like 1

On 2023-09-01 at 3:25 PM, CrownOfShadows said:

Yeah this has been suggested in various forms a bunch, and I believe it was sorta the original goal with the solar rails to begin with.

Clans have needed good clan activities since forever, it would be nice to have a clan-focused update one day, and RJ surely deserves love too. Two birds with one stone? The idea of forming a flotilla and going on a raid seems pretty great.

There are a lot of technical problems but we could surely work around them. Getting 12 tenno together for anything other than Baro is pretty much an event in and of itself.

With this idea, we could have solar rail “conflicts” be monthly rankings on which clan/alliance had the most missions for a proxima or during an invasion etc. simple rewards like boosted resources from the proxima when launched from the clan/alliance dry dock (giving non-clan players access via invite, but a direct amenity for the event winners)

Invasions being incorporated into railjack would be huge in itself. Have derelict vessels and scavenger fighters for infested, then crossfire style corpus v grineer with a leaderboard for the invasion period would be the perfect opportunity for clans and alliances to regularly work toward a competitive goal without the need for a once a year event or some such. I don’t want to put the cart before the horse, but devs could use this concept to also integrate railjack on the side of large events as well.

Personally I still don't get why Railjack missions aren't part of our regular star chart nodes.

What I mean by that is once someone unlocks the Railjack quest, which happens after a certain point in the regular star chart, there will be some optional or mandatory Railjack missions.

If your RJ isn't up to snuff then you could always hop on someone else's in public missions. You might also have the choice if you want to board your own.

At this point in time RJ missions feel like they are a separate game and systems, detached from the rest of the game. 

Duviri is different because it feels and it is a different dimension of sorts. RJ tab doesn't have to be like that. just implement it into the regular star chart and it will feel like it is part of the game and not its own content island.

Rail Jack notes within the RJ map right now could be repurposed and moved into the regular star chart. Maybe not all said missions and nodes, just keep the most important ones.

9 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

Personally I still don't get why Railjack missions aren't part of our regular star chart nodes.

What I mean by that is once someone unlocks the Railjack quest, which happens after a certain point in the regular star chart, there will be some optional or mandatory Railjack missions.

If your RJ isn't up to snuff then you could always hop on someone else's in public missions. You might also have the choice if you want to board your own.

At this point in time RJ missions feel like they are a separate game and systems, detached from the rest of the game. 

Duviri is different because it feels and it is a different dimension of sorts. RJ tab doesn't have to be like that. just implement it into the regular star chart and it will feel like it is part of the game and not its own content island.

Rail Jack notes within the RJ map right now could be repurposed and moved into the regular star chart. Maybe not all said missions and nodes, just keep the most important ones.

I get where you’re coming from, and the invasions portion of my idea is really connecting RJ back with the main map in a tangible way. Honestly, I think all “galleon/pillar” normal missions could be railjack, as you end up on the same tilesets doing the same missions.

the main difference is crew formation and how a squad is kind of forced to stick around. It’s a GOOD feature, as an alternative to the common one and done of the standard star chart. Making the proxima a single node, with 3-4 separate missions would essentially accomplish the goal of increased difficulty, and we could have extraction options on each individual mission if need to hop early. Ai crew easily fills in any missing player gap mid-mission.

figuring in things like parvos and relics is a bit more difficult, but not really far outside of the scope of warframes existing features. The only real big changes would be the single proxima and solar railjack, the clan alliance ranked invasion raid concept

• Like 1