The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Caliban should be the next rework after Hydroid

Waeleto

21 hours ago, quxier said:

Citrine's passive & her 2nd is great combo with a lot of customizations. You get combat discipline to get constant hp orbs. Afair HP regen is affected by strength. Starting damage reduction is affected by strength.

Instead of combat discipline you can put Synth fiber on vulpaphyla/kavat. Let's you pick them up too. I mainly use combat discipline to trigger arcane avenger so if I dont have that synergy on combat discipline, I dont think it's worth not using something like Brief respite when even partial shield gate is kindof good. Caliban's big shield is abit of a nuisance though.

1 hour ago, vixenpixel said:

Instead of combat discipline you can put Synth fiber on vulpaphyla/kavat. Let's you pick them up too. I mainly use combat discipline to trigger arcane avenger so if I dont have that synergy on combat discipline, I dont think it's worth not using something like Brief respite when even partial shield gate is kindof good. Caliban's big shield is abit of a nuisance though.

Yeah, the thing is Citrine lets you use many tools - Caliban won't let you use them.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

Yeah, the thing is Citrine lets you use many tools - Caliban won't let you use them.

I played caliban today, made a loadout and everything. Then I removed that loadout cuz it was boring. Sadly my game crashed. Caliban taking his revenge. :D 

Now I have to relog and remove those shards i put on him. *SAD*

On 2023-09-03 at 10:16 AM, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

Tbh, I've haven't played Caliban yet.

On 2023-09-03 at 12:28 PM, vixenpixel said:

They've done alot of work with just augments in the past. Just look at Gyre. She feels super solid after one augment. So maybe they can do something like this for caliban also.

Just to clarify I wasn't putting Caliban down I literally don't have him just yet. (even though I think he looks cool) 

And yeah a augment might work maybe something for his minions, haha what if their attacks had energy ribbons like Excal's 4 or when Cal spins the minions do that sentient spinning laser thing they do in game, and they act like mini Revenant 4's ( as in the laser adapt to enemy weaknesses) that be pretty cool.

One way I think could be good would be to 

• Keep his passive as it is quite useful for people who don't have adaptation
  • move his stomp to his first ability as it functions well as a debuffer and his current 1 is not very good
  • make his summon ability be his 2 and instead of their level being determined entirely off of strength have them spawn at the enemy level or slightly lower due to their adaptation and have ability strength increase their level slightly maybe capping out at 10 above enemy level.
  • move his current 4 to be his 3 keeping it the same though maybe lowering damage since it won't be an ultimate
  • and finally have his ultimate be an exalted weapon of dual sentient staffs

On 2023-09-03 at 5:54 PM, Waeleto said:

Everyone is talking about frost/inaros/limbo what about caliban ? all these other frames fill a particular niche and still has some playerbase but caliban is literally useless for everything and there isn't a single ability in his kit that can't use a rework, he has an amazing concept and i hope he can see the light one day

On 2023-09-03 at 6:07 PM, MaxTunnerX said:

First things first. Cant expect a relatively new frame to get a rework when much older frames still didnt get it. But yeah, as far as Im concerned, the devs should take time to look at all frames at once and do a global rework of those that need it instead of just choosing 1 or 2. This will ensure the reworks dont break something else. More often than not they turn a crappy frame into an OP frame, which only primes the other frames for future rework. We need strategy, not random cherry picks.

On 2023-09-03 at 6:24 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

I do want Caliban to get some touch-ups, but for now, I am having fun with what I am able to do with him, but eh hoping for a rework, you have better luck winning the lottery my friend.

Caliban is similar to hildryn has shield tankyness [passive is supposed to help that], armor strip that lingers, and 3 bodyguards that can't die below lvl 200

If you built his strength and duration 

Caliban needs a tweak to his summons, a buildup where you add one by one per cast but then nekros refresh their duration and health when all are summoned Per cast afterwards

His range with his 1, 2 and 4 is an issue either you choose between survival or range no thanks to his lacking passive and casting speed shards via summon problem

Notice its two issues causing the rest, his passive and his one by one summons

Freeing space for other archon shards or mods would suffice

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

Caliban is similar to hildryn has shield tankyness [passive is supposed to help that], armor strip that lingers, and 3 bodyguards that can't die below lvl 200

If you built his strength and duration 

Caliban needs a tweak to his summons, a buildup where you add one by one per cast but then nekros refresh their duration and health when all are summoned Per cast afterwards

His range with his 1, 2 and 4 is an issue either you choose between survival or range no thanks to his lacking passive and casting speed shards via summon problem

Notice its two issues causing the rest, his passive and his one by one summons

Freeing space for other archon shards or mods would suffice

I'm curious then, how will you rework him? 

5 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I'm curious then, how will you rework him? 

the only rework Caliban needs to be prince of tau

Is just making his adaptation work to save mod space (especially on companions), kinda like styanax's shiny new augment [More for Caliban some for the rest]

Lethal progeny as said before but also a 50/50 chance for conculyst or battalyst but a guarantee that atleast 1/3 isn't the same

If my previous comment is implented it would give room for heath and armor to fit in mods or shards and flow/energy would be less problematic too

With health, armor, range and proper adaptation Razor gyre would immediately do better

Just sight for thought

Archived